GP10 kill hope of GR55 patch change delay fix??

Started by teejay, March 31, 2014, 11:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teejay

When I got my VG8, the delay on patch change was similar to that of the GR 55.
However, this was fixed with the ( paid for, £150.00 ) S1 update.
As the GP10 has arrived, I guess this will kill any hope of something similar for the GR55??
I use my 55 as a supplement to my VG99, so it's not killer, but it woul've been nice none the less.....

Thoughts anybody?
Custom KGB headless, internal GK2a and sustainiac stealth plus. GR55 straight into PA.   Guitar out (COSM) feeding digitech VL4 vocal harmoniser.

Elantric

The GR-55 Patch change delay will not be "fixed" or corrected - and I do not expect any further firmware development  / new features added to GR-55

glennfin

I'm not sure how you use your VG99 with your 55 but unfortunately we won't be able to use the GP-10 with anything else due to the dissapointing lack of a MIDI out.
.............. unless you consider using a laptop/computer an option.... I for one don't want to drag a laptop to a gig just to get a MIDI out..  ???

Quote from: teejay on March 31, 2014, 11:30:25 AM
When I got my VG8, the delay on patch change was similar to that of the GR 55.
However, this was fixed with the ( paid for, £150.00 ) S1 update.
As the GP10 has arrived, I guess this will kill any hope of something similar for the GR55??
I use my 55 as a supplement to my VG99, so it's not killer, but it woul've been nice none the less.....

Thoughts anybody?

DeRigueur

Quote from: Elantric on March 31, 2014, 11:40:54 AM
The GR-55 Patch change delay will not be "fixed" or corrected - and I do not expect any further firmware development  / new features added to GR-55
You're probably right.  But then, people thought the same about the GT-100, didn't they?
Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

Kevin M

The GP10 may very well have a patch delay itself; perhaps just less noticeable due to a faster processor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elantric

QuoteThe GP10 may very well have a patch delay itself; perhaps just less noticeable due to a faster processor.

Very true - we will not know until it ships.

Edit March 2015

The Boss GP-10 has very fast patch change.

Does Not Mute audio during patch changes.

GP-10 can stream audio backing tracks via USB connected Mac/PC - no gaps in audio.

Quoteunfortunately we won't be able to use the GP-10 with anything else due to the dissapointing lack of a MIDI out.
GP-10 - Add missing MIDI I/O with $35 Raspberry Pi
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11998.0

Toby Krebs

Use the assigns. Stay in one patch per song and you wont have any of these patch delay problems.You will also eat up less memory on the GR55. I can do a whopping amount of guitar and PCM tonal and cut/ boost changes using the assigns in a single GR55 patch. Once I figured that out I quit being bothered by this limitation. All of these devices have a delay when switching patches=Line6 HD 300/400/500-Boss GT 10/100 they are just a little shorter. The Line 6 stuff makes old echoplex warble crap noises when switching patches LOL!!! Terrible!

sixeight

I wonder if anyone actually uses two GR55s in combination with a US-20 and does the patch change on the unit that is not active.

In the past we had somebody doing that with two VG99s, just so that delay and reverb tails would not be cut off.

Elantric

QuoteI wonder if anyone actually uses two GR55s in combination with a US-20 and does the patch change on the unit that is not active.

Many GK 13 pin folks employ this method - Feed outputs of each separate GK 13 pin processor (VG-88, VG-99, GR-55, etc) into a stereo mixer, then into your PA system.

Using the Roland US-20 as an A/B Switcher for Rhythm / Lead switching works well

* No patch change delay   
* If you understand how the Roland US-20 ( or an equivalent third party version) works, you will know that the only element that controls the A/B select for the "Active" GK 13 pin processor, is to send zero volts on the Pin #8 GK VOL Voltage Control signal to the "inactive"   GK 13 pin processor. One Volume Control Voltage Line (Pin #8) is used for all "switching", as it "mutes" the non-selected GK 13 processor.   

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=13.0

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3494.0