Living Color- Vernon Reid & Doug Wimbish Rig Rundowns

Started by mchad, April 25, 2016, 06:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

:)

gumtown

That was great !!
I enjoyed it and learnt things too.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

sixeight

Amazing setup to take on the road. I would be lost with all the options. To have more effect units than there are songs in an average set list is crazy. But then again: this is Living Colour...

I also learned something new. Using the DOD AC 240 mixer as a passive mixer. Should be quite easy to build one myself. Does anybody have a schematic?

admin

DOD 240 passive mixer is out of production

the ART POWERMIX 1  is equivalent

QuoteI also learned something new. Using the DOD AC 240 mixer as a passive mixer. Should be quite easy to build one myself. Does anybody have a schematic?
It should be similar to the typical passive mixer - just add another channel

Also look at the ART SPLITMIX, which has a few more options
http://artproaudio.com/mixers/product/splitmix4/

Smash

Holy crap! Is there another band on the planet as on top of their tech as these guys?

Had to stop and think a minute when he demod the warp vinyl pedal and did the "Dearly beloved" Prince quote - how things can change.

Any guess at the combined value on stage?! Vernon's set up is just several light years outside the solar system....

mbenigni

joaobraga

Great Rigs from two very creative musicians!

Fortunately it's not needed to take the cables off the gear after the gigs,
otherwise they wouldn't do no more than a show every 6 months...  ;)

Autana

VR VG-99  ... always there!  (at 00:15)
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Headless68

brilliant - watched it to check out Vernon's PRS but Doug stole the show :-)   
Kids in the toy shop - love it

Smash

Also what was refreshing for me was they're not brand snobs or solely into the emperors new clothes - if it does the job or sounds cool it's in - doesn't matter who made it or how long ago!

Great philosophy and one I try to live by when recording - doesn't matter how it's done, whether it's "industry standard", using cheap interconnects, free plug ins or whatever the f*** the sampling rate is - if it sounds good, it IS good.

Smash

Also just occurred to me whilst VG99 is still there......no GP-10!

Autana

Quote from: Smash on May 12, 2016, 03:59:48 AM
Also what was refreshing for me was they're not brand snobs or solely into the emperors new clothes - if it does the job or sounds cool it's in - doesn't matter who made it or how long ago!

Great philosophy and one I try to live by when recording - doesn't matter how it's done, whether it's "industry standard", using cheap interconnects, free plug ins or whatever the f*** the sampling rate is - if it sounds good, it IS good.

Holy Word for me too!

Quote from: Smash on May 22, 2016, 01:33:55 AM

I badly wish to have a VG99, but do not lose sleep over by not having it, in the meantime I am very happy with GP-10 and GR-55, which make the best at its own perspectives.

GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

sixeight

Quote from: Smash on May 22, 2016, 01:33:55 AM

I do hope Vernon Reid was allowed to keep it after producing the Tone Studio pack...

Ashmanash