Peavey Revalver

Started by GeePeeAxe, February 28, 2014, 02:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeePeeAxe

I checked Peavey Revalver 3.5 (or III.V) demo version and was very surprised.
It doesn't get muddy or boomy in the lows like other simulations. Look at these
2 videos, comparing Amplitube, Guitarrig and Revalver.

The greatest surprise for me was when I used real overdrive pedals and a Mesa Boogie
Triaxis preamp in front of the sims. Only Revalver made me feel like hearing my music
coming from real tube based equipment. Guess it's the best until now. Isn't it?

Aph

It's not as sophisticated, but Revalver HP is only $13!
http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/
SY-1000  v1.08
BTS for SY-1000  v1.02

Now_And_Then

I've been meaning to do a mini-review of ReValver. It's been the Musician's Friend Stupid Deal Of The Day twice, for $29. Even if it wasn't as good as it is - and to my ears it is very, very impressive - it was still an incredible bargain.

Maybe I should make a point of doing that mini-review.

GeePeeAxe

There's a demo version on Peavey's website, which can be activated for no costs. You will have a few free amp sims in the "free bank" which do not run in demo mode, so you will not be annoyed with beeping every minute. Some of these patches sounded good to me after some tweaking to my needs, but not as good as comparable patches in BIAS or X50. I recorded some riffs and tweaked Revalver, BIAS and X50 to sound as tubey as possible. In the beginning BIAS was the winner. All demo patches sounded good and natural to me. The bad thing is tha BIAS does not react to midi or automatization commands in DAW. Changes will be lost for ever. The tone knobs do not do much in the sound, opposite to the real thing, where every small turn on the knobs makes drastical changes. BIAS can not be used live without an IOS computer. Damn!

The surprise came when I dialed into Revalvers Michael (Marshal) and Fox (Vox) models. They sound so good! Creamy and tubey with lots of tweakable parameters. I was enjoying trying out different micro settings. Tweaked a few patches to sound like BIAS or even better. Being addicted to british amp-sound of the 70es I am happy with Revalver 4 now. Seriously thinking about buying it.

BTW.: compared to version 4, version 3.5 sounds more raw and edgy, not smooth enough.

Elantric

Great review, thanks for the info.

GeePeeAxe

After playing with the demo version, I realized that some modules of Revalver 4 work for free. Here's the list of them:

ValveKing and Custom Lite Amp Modules
    RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)
    Lite Green and Tremolo Stomp Boxes
    C-verb Lite Effects Module
    Audio Stream splitter (makes dual paths possible)
    ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets, kind of "guitar and pickup modeling" gadget)
    Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets and ACT Content (OK, this is not free anymore!)

All you have to do is to create an account by
http://peavey.com/products/revalver/
and allow Peavey to write a licence file on a USB drive of your choise.
I am quite happy now with these very good amp and speaker models.
Definitely worth downloading it!

Weed_

Has anyone tried it??? I installed a demo version today and realised you can do guitar modeling similar to VG-99.
There is a bunch of models on the list from acoustic to telecasters. Could really get it to sound authentic, but I just had few minutes to play.. Anyone else tried it, results?

http://peavey.com/products/revalver/