FTP- Sustain and Susteneuo modes

Started by guitarnstuff, April 17, 2016, 03:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarnstuff

I am considering the Triple Play, likely to run inside Mainstage 3. Does the TP have different sustain modes? I'd like to be able to hold a chord with the sustain pedal and then guitar solo over the top with more notes being triggered on the soft synth.

Smash

I've just impulse scored an Ipad Air 2 and FTP and am also interested in this - the VG99 has a particular hold mode (2) for midi guitar that holds the chord and prevents further note transmission until released.

EDIT - apologies - just seen screen shots on another thread showing the option to block new midi notes when sustain applied. Which only leaves me with the question of whether it's possible to reproduce this behaviour on ipad. And I'm guessing it all will come down to teh sound module app being used

shawnb

Ftp supports simple sustain.   It has a n additional feature to block incoming notes if they are held (sounds like the Vg-99 feature).   No true sostenuto.

As an FYI, I recently developed a true Sostenuto midi add-on for Hollyhock: 
http://www.sensomusic.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5434

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Smash

Finally got round to reading the manual and can see that in hardware mode you can have the hold mode that blocks further midi input enabled. In fact, hardware mode pretty much answers all prayers for what I need in terms of controlling the ipad synths and splits