FTP Drive GR33?

Started by shedshark, March 25, 2016, 03:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shedshark

I'm thinking about getting a/n FTP and floor unit to drive my GR33, which I use live and love.  I read somewhere that the FTP couldn't drive the GR55, is it the same for the GR33?  If it can't drive the GR33, can anyone recommend a piece of hardware that's close to it?  I don't want to use a computer live, I'd prefer hardware.

Elantric

It's true the GR-55 lacks ability to be used as a MIDI Tone Module, but the GR-33 remains an excellent choice as a sound module for the FTP. The Fishman FC-1 is the best path for that.

thunderfingers

I have done this. It works. I want to switch to this system but my problem is I need the guitar/synth switch on the horn under the neck on my strat- where I moved the switch on Roland strats. I can switch like crazy and I do.

Has anyone soldered wires to the fishman triple play and moved the switch internal?

I'd like to make the regular ftp internal. Has this been done?

shawnb

My latest approach with the FTP is to drive a GR-30 with it (very similar to the GR-33).
I just use a Disaster Area Ghost Converter.  Handy having one around if you're an FTP owner. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Elantric

I'd like to make the regular ftp internal. Has this been done?

Last year many of us acquired Fender Fishman Tripleplay Strats on Ebay from  "The Stratosphere" - who  were selling fully loaded Strat body  with OEM Tripleplay and USB 24 bit Audio built in the body for $500
http://www.ebay.com/usr/thestratosphere?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

this thread below has many details on internal OEM  Tripleplay:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15974.0

HCarlH

This might alter the setup too much for you, but you could use an A/B/Y foot switch and run the separate guitar/synth outputs through that. You would set the FTP
controller switch on Mix (both synth and guitar signal)
I use a simple A/B box as I never use guitar and synth sounds at the same time.

This allows me very quick switching of sounds without having to take my hand off the neck.
GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,

DF400

I use the GR-33 with the FTP and the FC-1, works nicely. I get around the switching and blending the mag/pcm signals by running the GR-33 through the In2 of Ax-8 and routing the signal internally (which is set up per preset on the Ax-8). This gives me access to expression pedal and footswitch controls for both.

However, one think I noted is the split presets (Salsa Split, BS/Rhodes, etc) on the GR-33 do not seem to be triggered as they would be using the GK.