GP-10 without GK cable

Started by jshortz, August 05, 2015, 07:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jshortz

Probably been mentioned before.
Is anyone using the GP-10 without a GK cable?

Brak(E)man

Yes sometimes i use it with a 4 string electric Fender Mandolin ,
sounds and works great
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

jshortz

My thinking is SY-300 for synth and pads and GP-10 for guitar.All wireless.
Does that make sense?

Elantric

totally possible - or  if you want more MIDI control, Dual COSM Signal chains, 19 second stereo looper,  substitute a GT-100 for GP-10

jshortz

Ive been toying with the idea of a GT-100 but I prefer the smaller footprint.
Not sure what you mean by more MIDI control, Dual COSM Signal chains but I think I get the idea.
Currently using GR-55 stand alone with Alto TS12A.
Not crazy about my lead sound and I would hope for better with the GP-10.

Elantric

QuoteNot sure what you mean by more MIDI control, Dual COSM Signal chains but I think I get the idea.

The GT-100 and SY-300 both have 5 pin DIN MIDI I/O 

and the GT-100 foot switches can be assigned as MIDI CC# Control Sources, with the SY-300 FX as a Targets

Cant do that with a stock GP-10 (no 5 pin DIN MIDI I/O  )

and without a GK-3, the GR-55 has only one CTRL pedal and one Expression pedal that can be mapped to be a   MIDI CC# Control Source ( GT-100 has many)   

Elantric

QuoteNot crazy about my lead sound and I would hope for better with the GP-10.

For me the Boss GP-10 was instant Great Tone  / Instant Love - even with just a normal guitar and the factory patches (80-89) that use only the normal Mag PU. 

Jim Williams

Now Here is the funny thing....

I bought the thing(GP-10) for the guitar modeling, but the guitar effects and amp modeling sound so good I will plug in a regular guitar to make patches for most of my normal pickup tones. The lack of midi is a pain but I use a Nextbook tablet using midiOx for now but it is also useful for using soft synths with the guitar to midi. The guitar to midi is a bit limited but works well most of the time. I use it with a GR-55 witch gives me some more flexibility.

I have made some patches that hold up very well side by side with my Tube amp and the GT-100 has the same sound engine so you have the same tone ability. If you don't use a GK guitar the GT-100 has more effect blocks and you can get a broader range of sounds built on effects.

The GP-10 is a great stand alone processor on it's own and the lack of midi IO isn't much of a problem. It fits nicely on my desk when I am recording and fits well right between the legs of my mic stand for me most of the time it is all I need but it is great to be the center piece of a pedal board for regular guitars or a guitar synth rig.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

Redvers

I set up all my patches so I can choose modelled or normal sounds in them. Obviously some patches won't work 100% but for example a modelled acoustic sound could have a mid scooped eq block in the normal part of the chain. It's piece of mind if the gk stuff ever packs in during a gig. I need to start mixing normal and modelled fx soon though.

P.s. my norm guitar is a bit hotter than the modelled stuff which gives me more to work with if I switch over.

DML

99% of the time I use it without GK-3.
Boss GT-1000core, Gibson Explorer 2018, Höfner travel guitar, 4x Framus Renegade Pro, Framus Panthera, Framus Panthera Custom 7, G&L Asat, Rocktron/Egnater Velocity Valve, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L Road Ready, Voes MX12 midi controller, Ovation 2078TX-5 Elite, PJB Cub II - AG150.

glennfin

I've recently been using mine with an NS design electric cello of all things.. 8)