RC 300 problem while being master to DR 3-Drummachine

Started by Singwas, June 07, 2015, 11:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singwas

Hello from germany
I have connected to my RC 300 a DR - 3 drum machine . Temposynch and Start / Stop are working perfect. Unfortunately, I can not explain a mistake. When i am looping serially (only one track at the time) , the drum machine during operation stops sometimes, when changing a track. The setting is current tracks are finished before starting the next selected track. Example: while Track 3 ( Chorus ) is running, I'm typing on track 2 (verse ). Track 3 plays over, come to its end, Track 2 begins seamlessly - but the drum machine has stopped suddenly, without a start/stop from the RC 300. The RC 300 plays on. What can i do?
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

Threeleggedyoyo

This is a known issue that has been confirmed by Boss customer support.

In a very specific set of circumstances, the machine will send an undesirable STOP message to your external drum machine or other device. These are the circumstances:

1) Loop Sync OFF
2) Single Track play ON
3) Go from PLAY on one track to PLAY on another (not from Record to Play on another track, or Play to Record)
4) Hit that PLAY on EXACTLY the downbeat

This glitch does not exist on the 50. If you use the onboard drum machine on the 300, it is a non-issue. If you are using an external drum machine, you need to be careful not to do this inadvertently. This never HAS to happen, but is pretty annoying and is one more thing to think about.

In short: just be careful to trigger your track a little early.

Singwas

Hi!
Thank you. What a perfect forum. So I know the issue is coming from the RC 300.
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre