HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017 !!!

Started by gumtown, December 31, 2016, 03:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumtown

Happy New Year for 2017

It has just ticked over to midnight 2016~2017 (here in NZ),
no NYE gig this year, so it is nice to be home with the family.

I hope 2017 brings some new and innovative V-Guitar gear  :)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumbo

Damn!  He beat me by 2 1/2 hours again...   >:(

A Happy New Year to everyone from South Australia where we have just on 2 hours to go..
...let's hope that 2017 brings some brighter moments for All.

Kind regards,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Headless68

Happy New Year !!!!

12 hours to go here :-)

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

pasha811

Quote from: gumbo on December 31, 2016, 03:19:40 AM
Damn!  He beat me by 2 1/2 hours again...   >:(

A Happy New Year to everyone from South Australia where we have just on 2 hours to go..
...let's hope that 2017 brings some brighter moments for All.

Kind regards,
Peter

Italy lagging behind.. :-)
Happy New Year in 10 hours.. but HAPPY NEW YEAR now!
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

Elantric

About 18 more hours to go here in California

Later today girlfriend and I travel 2 hours south , I'll bring a couple guitars and amp to attend a house jam with Fito de le Parra ( Canned Heat) and more - often a few of my idols do show up. Once met Larry Taylor (renowned LA Bass player, and brother of Mel Taylor (Drummer for The Ventures) at one of these parties 7 years ago  - hope to see him again today.

and dusting off my birth certificate reveals I turn another year older right after midnight  (Jan 1) , still employed and in decent health - which is significantly better than many of my peers and old bandmates who have already passed.

So yes, a toast to the New Year!

Headless68

....in that case, a slightly early Happy Birthday then :-)

Majiken

Frohes neues Jahr to all! May we all make the world a bit better in 2017....

Steve, +1 on the happy horizon of your birthday! Just wondering why you don't take your "earlier today girlfriend" along too  :P
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

Elantric

Truth is,  Fito invited my girlfriend to the party, ( they met when she filmed Canned Heat for her cable access live concert show ) and I get to tag along ;) 

Here's  a pic from last time this happened - Fito showing me how to play the hammer on chord riff to "Bull Frog " blues

And yes, my thumb typically stays in the that "Hendrix" position most of the time when I play guitar

also I stumbled here and think I found my new record player  - not

http://hifipig.com/tag/hifi-news/page/12/
http://hifipig.com/the-clearaudio-statement-v2-arrives/

The Clearaudio Statement is available now priced as follows (including VAT):

Statement turntable £92,500
and you will need the tone arm
Statement TT1 tangential tonearm £18,500.

whippinpost91850

Happy new Year to you Gumtown and everyone here... WE still have 11 1/2 hours to go here in lovely Michigan USA.

whippinpost91850

Happy new year to you Elantric, got about 11 hrs to go here in Michigan.

Have a great time at the party and Happy Birthday

Kenmac

I hope everybody on the forum has a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.  :)  Happy Birthday Elantric.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

Pete1959

Happy New Year to all!

Happy Birthday Elantric and thanks to you and all forum contributors that are part of my daily read.

I can't think of any group of people who have helped shape my musical gear purchases and direction more. Thanks and look forward to what 2017 brings.

Cheers!

Vade

Finally... Cheers and Happy New Year everybody! It took awhile to off 2016 but once the stake was in its heart the sucker finally stopped snarling and gave up the ghost; at least Betty White's still safe...
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

FreeTime

Happy New year everyone, I go to bring it in with good friends and an 11 piece band. I think 2017 is going to be great.

Mauri60

Hi everyone.
Sorry for arrive too late  :(
happy 2017, good notes, and hope your best wishes may became true!
thank you all for helping people, and share your toughs.
Nothing is impossible,if someone else will do for you.

Elantric

Hope everyone had a great New Years eve celebration
Mine was really great - got to jam with Fito de la Parra (Canned Heat Drummer) and a few stellar musicians all afternoon on Dec 31, 2016.

Great time indeed !

HecticArt

Very cool.

AND you got chocolate cake!