NAMM 2016 - speculations?

Started by mchad, January 07, 2016, 03:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

http://www.rolandus.com/products/system-500_complete_set/

SYSTEM-500 Complete Set Modular Synthesizer   SYSTEM-500 Complete SetWHERE TO BUY
COMPLETE ANALOG MODULAR SYNTHESIZER IN EURORACK FORMAT
Based on the legendary SYSTEM-700 and SYSTEM-100M, the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set is a fully analog modular synthesizer inspired by two of the most revered electronic instruments of all time. Made for Eurorack format, it's a complete system with multiple oscillators, filters and effects in a versatile custom case with top-quality patch cables. It's perfect for your first modular synth or as the centerpiece of an expanding Eurorack system.

Designed and built in the USA, the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set is made to exacting standards, with top-quality components and extreme attention to detail. It delivers the classic character and playability of a vintage Roland modular synth—with all the advantages of a modern instrument. And it's surprisingly affordable, turning the fantasy of finally owning one of these legendary instruments into reality.

Complete analog modular synthesizer with multiple oscillators, filters and effects
Vintage Roland analog sound in a top-quality modern instrument
Perfect modular starting point complete with case, power supply, and braided patch cables
Versatile wood and metal case is portable, stackable and can sit flat or angled
512 module with two voltage controlled oscillators with saw, sine and square waves
521 module with two voltage controlled filters with selectable high-pass filters
530 module with two voltage controlled amplifiers each with multiple CV inputs
540 module with two ADSR envelopes and invertible LFO with five waveform types
572 module with classic phase shifter, delay, gate delay and invertible LFO
Numerous CV connections for an array of modulation possibilities
Built in USA and assembled in Japan
Descended from Legends

The SYSTEM-700 and 100M modular synthesizers were nothing short of groundbreaking in their time and are revered to this day for their classic tone and flexibility. Used by pioneering musicians on numerous landmark recordings, they combined the best of Roland's analog synthesizer technology into supremely powerful modular instruments. Sought after by synthesizer enthusiasts around the world and beloved by those lucky enough to own one of the originals, these vintage Roland instruments are almost mythical in stature. With the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set, you can now own a modern version of these coveted classics, giving you the purest vintage analog synthesizer tones imaginable.
The Gold Standard

With two VCOs, two VCFs, two VCAs, two ADSR envelopes, two dedicated LFO sections, and a powerful effects module, the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set is highly flexible and extremely capable right out of the box. It opens up vast possibilities for musical exploration and sound design—and it sounds simply incredible. It's the sound you hear in your head when you think of big, warm, analog synth tone. You get the gold standard for oscillators combined with the sweet filters and snappy envelopes that make vintage Roland synthesizers so desirable. The extremely thoughtful array of CV/Gate connections and well-placed controls make it a joy to play and an ideal centerpiece for any modular setup.
A Modern Classic

Beautiful, powerful—and even portable—the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set is made for Eurorack, so you can easily expand by connecting to the wide-range of available Eurorack modules. Or it can neatly integrate into your existing modular setup. Its versatile wood and metal case can sit flat or tilt, and provides plenty of clean, stable power. It blends with the classic looks of the SYSTEM-500 modules creating an elegant instrument that looks as good as it sounds. You can take the whole thing with you, or neatly stack two units to build a larger, more powerful system. With jaw-dropping sound, elegant design, and top-notch build quality, the SYSTEM-500 Complete Set is vintage Roland modular for the new golden age of synthesizers.

Elantric

QuoteThanks for all the updates!  I am heading out tomorrow, I can't wait to see all the stuff:)

I will be there FRI-SAT-SUN - lets hook up ( pm me)

Elantric

Welcome to NAMM week! ToneLounge does not have a dedicated booth this year but we will have demo guitars at the show. The red Shoreline will be at the Fryette Amplification stand, the blue Element will be at the TV Jones booth, and the orange Riptide will be with me. See you soon!

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98701

Elantric

January 19, 2016 Likes (0) Comments 0
RED WITCH GUITAR AND BASS FLOOR EFFECTS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM

Red Witch Guitar and Bass floor effects Professional Development Program
RED WITCH ANALOG PEDALS ANNOUNCES AN INDUSTRY FIRST WITH ITS GUITAR AND BASS FLOOR EFFECTS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Breaking the trend of the usual NAMM announcements of new pedals, new technology, or new equipment, the latest creation from the company who created the world's first mini-pedal range with the Seven Sisters, Red Witch has designed a cutting edge pedal training program for retail sales staff.

The 10-week online course was designed by Red Witch founder Ben Fulton, and is the first course of its kind in the music world. Ben says the course hopes to engage and educate front line sales staff on all things guitar effect oriented.

"Our professional development course is designed to develop competence among the people at the core of the business; the influencers and gatekeepers, the people who sell products, the distribution representatives, the sales people on the shop floors, the people who answer questions for the online shops, and the people making online demos," Ben Fulton says.

"We know our sales guys are the first point of contact with our customer base. We're committed to our sales people being the most knowledgeable, the most informed, and most well resourced pedal gurus on the planet.

"The course covers all facets of the pedal world, not just Red Witch specific – key knowledge that all pedal sales staff should know. We've taken a broad perspective rather than just focus on our brand," he says.

Jack Thompson, VP Sales & Marketing of MDG, Red Witch's USA distributor, says he was ecstatic when Ben first approached him with the concept of the online training program, one stacked with incentives for participants.

"I thought it was a killer idea. An online training program with incentives is the best, most proactive resource I could think of," he says.

"It will reinforce product advocacy and create an even stronger brand. This program will benefit the dealers, the salespeople, and the customers," Jack Thompson says.

"We are thrilled to be launching Red Witch's Professional Development Course at NAMM 2016, and are doubly excited our friends at Sweetwater are the first to engage in the course in the USA," Jack Thompson says.

Ben Fulton says the inspiration to create the course came from his passion about tone.

"Ever since the sound of Jimmy Page's Les Paul – Marshall rig hit my ears at the age of 14, I've been infatuated and obsessed with great guitar sounds. It's been the driving force behind all my pedal designs."

"It's also why we've designed this course. I'm passionate about helping people get great guitar tone. It's a vocation. I want to help our customers get the best tone they possibly can from their pedals," Ben Fulton says.

"To achieve this we wanted to equip our front line sales staff with the best possible resource to help them share the gospel of incredible tone using pedals," he says.

The Professional Development course is delivered via weekly video link, runs for ten weeks and concludes with a live webinar session with Ben.

Ben Fulton says there are also a few surprises in store, as participants will receive unique access to back-stage secrets of many A-List artists who have agreed to participate in the filming of the video content.

"Material that guitar players will find super interesting, that's not available elsewhere and is only available to course participants," he says.

The course kicked off in early January 2016 and Nate Periat, Sweetwater Sales Engineer, is one of the first participants.

"The Red Witch online training course has been awesome! I am not only learning about what makes Red Witch pedals great, I am learning about the fundamentals of all guitar pedals and pedal board design. I find Ben's approach to teaching both very entertaining and very informative," Nate Periat says.

Jack Thompson says that while initially it may seem odd that a boutique pedal manufacturer is offering such an innovative and bold step forward for the industry, it's completely in keeping with the Red Witch brand.

"For a long time Ben Fulton's Red Witch products have reflected a spirit and vision for music that have been missing from the industry.

"The fact that there are currently no other pedal manufacturers in the world providing this level of commitment to the pedal industry, reflects that spirit and vision," Jack Thompson says.

ABOUT RED WITCH ANALOG LTD
Red Witch Analog Ltd is a boutique manufacturer of world-leading premium analog guitar and bass effects pedals. Critically acclaimed with outstanding international reviews and products enjoyed by an enviable list of world respected artists, Red Witch Analog Ltd has gained a reputation for designing and manufacturing innovative floor effects pedals of the highest quality, renowned for their tone, functionality and artist usability.

The brands and product range of Red Witch Analog Ltd currently include a total of eighteen fully featured boutique analog effects designs, offering unique functionalities unavailable in any other boutique analog guitar pedal effects worldwide.

Conceived in a garage in Paekakariki, New Zealand by musician Ben Fulton in 2003, Red Witch first came to international prominence in 2008 when Andy Summers from the Police used hand built Red Witch pedals on the Police Reunion tour.

Red Witch Analog products have established a loyal following by some of the biggest names in music including Andy Summers (The Police), Sting (Solo, The Police), John Mayer, Mike Patton (Fantomas, Solo, Faith No More), The Arctic Monkeys, Terry Lawless (U2), Monte Pittman (Solo, Madonna), Trinity Roots (New Zealand), Shihad (New Zealand), The Little Bushmen (New Zealand psychedelic/ roots band), Neil Finn (Crowded House, Solo, Split Enz), INXS and Guns 'n' Roses.

For more information about Red Witch Analog Ltd please visit Red Witch's website at www.redwitchpedals.com

Elantric

QuoteI hope it's not another multi-fx because I've just about had enough of those and I ain't having any more. The chances of them or anyone being able to impress me enough to buy another one is very, very low.

Then look away - move along, nothing to see here:

New Keely MFX

Elantric

Make Noise Unveil System Cartesian, A Complete Eurorack Modular Synth
Rounik Sethi on Jan 18, 2016 in News  0 comments

Imagine a powerful, complete modular system from Make Noise which is ready to play out of the box without needing an external controller! Then you've imagined System Cartesian. 

So you've heard of Make Noise, you know about eurorack and modular synthesis. You like sequencers and all the main different synthesis types. But you want something pre-built with powerful modulation sources and no external controller required? Make Noise have lined up something special just for you!

System Cartesian includes a number of interesting modules, amongst them the René Cartesian Sequencer. Make Noise tell us "this system is capable of Subtractive Synthesis, Additive Synthesis, FM Synthesis, Phase Modulation Synthesis, Ring Modulation, Amplitude Modulation and more... often simultaneously."

Make Noise System Cartesian
Watch the System Cartesian in action here:

Spec

Size: 3U
Total HP: 104
Utilized HP: 104
Expansion HP: 0
Dimensions:
21.5 x 5.14 x 3.5 (inches)
Weight: 6.8 lbs.
Retail value: $2263
Special Price: $2100 USD

Elantric

Elantric

Bourns Introduces Professional Lighting Component Line at 2016 NAMM Show
bourns_sc1552_pro_lighting_prth
Bourns® Pro Lighting Components
RIVERSIDE, Calif., January 18, 2016 – Bourns, Inc., a leading manufacturer and supplier of electronic components, today announced that its Bourns Pro Audio group will introduce a professional lighting components product line at the upcoming NAMM Show to be held January 21-24, 2016 in Anaheim, California. Bourns Pro Audio added the new professional lighting portfolio to help lighting and stage equipment designers and manufacturers meet industry demands for computer automation and technology advancements. As stage and theatrical productions become more elaborate and automated with stage lifts, moving platforms, and motorized lights and lighting truss rigs, component technology is now an integral part of stage designs. Bourns will showcase select professional lighting components at its booth #6865 (Hall A) at the 2016 NAMM show.

Bourns' broad line of professional lighting products includes components such as rotary position sensors, panel controls, slide potentiometers and rotary encoders used in the manufacture of light mixing consoles and controllers, computer controlled moving lights, moving stage platforms, and stage lifts. Also offered are a wide array of trimming potentiometers, resistor networks, and power resistors that meet the requirements of professional lighting equipment. For computer controlled light shows and PTZ cameras, Bourns offers rotary position sensing products with various communication protocols that are well-suited for use in robotic moving lights. Bourns' rugged and reliable non-contacting rotary position sensors and encoders along with the company's precision potentiometers are highly reliable solutions for robotic light applications that require very long life.

"Bourns has supplied components used in the design and assembly of industrial applications for many decades. We have extended this proven reputation to the professional lighting industry by bringing quality, reliability and value to an established customer base that includes some of the industrys leading manufacturers and suppliers of professional lighting and stage equipment," said Chuck Manzano, Pro Audio Application Engineer at Bourns, Inc. "Our vast array of products provides a convenient single point of purchase, and allows customers to efficiently reduce the number of required suppliers. In addition to supplying catalog components, Bourns can customize components to meet a designer's needs by offering various value-added options such as brackets, cable harnesses and connectors."

The full line of Bourns® professional lighting components is available now through selected Bourns authorized distributors. For prices and availability, please contact Bourns' authorized distributors.

To learn more about Bourns' professional lighting products and the company's leading line of Pro Audio products, please visit: www.bourns.com/products/pro-lighting.

About Bourns
Bourns, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and supplier of position and speed sensors, circuit protection solutions, magnetic components, microelectronic modules, panel controls and resistive products. Headquartered in Riverside, California, USA, Bourns serves a broad range of markets, including automotive, industrial, consumer, communications, non-critical life support medical, audio and various other market segments. Additional company and product information is available at www.bourns.com.

Bourns® and the Bourns logo are registered trademarks of Bourns, Inc. and may be used only with the permission of Bourns and proper acknowledgement. Other listed names and brands are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

https://bourns.wordpress.com/2016/01/18/bourns-introduces-professional-lighting-component-line-at-2016-namm-show/

Elantric

aliensporebomb

Quote from: Elantric on January 19, 2016, 05:41:43 PM
I do miss Ronnie Montrose

Me too.  His eighties and nineties instrumental records were favorites of mine and sort of blueprints in terms of structure for my own instrumental music.  Open Fire.  Territory.  The Speed of Sound.  The Diva Station.  Music from Here.  Mutatis Mutandis.  I religiously bought those records and was very sad to hear of his passing.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

shawnb

Ditto regarding Ronnie Montrose...   Great show.   Another incredibly influential guitarist few acknowledge.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Now_And_Then

Quote from: Elantric on January 19, 2016, 05:36:10 PM
Then look away - move along, nothing to see here:

I looked anyway but it turned out you were quite right.

montyrivers

drbill

I saw him live twice: once with Gamma & later opens for Holdsworth. What a monster! Highest testosterone player ever. Made me feel like I use pink picks.
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

admin

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/namm-2016-rolands-a-01-is-both-midi-controller-and-tone-generator-633196
NAMM 2016: Roland's A-01 is both MIDI controller and tone generator
By Ben Rogerson (Future Music), 20 hours agoTech

Is it a Roland Boutique product? We're not sure

Roland A 01: it controls stuff and makes sounds of its own.
NAMM 2016: We've said before that it's hard to predict what Roland is going to do next these days, and we'll admit that we weren't expecting a product quite in the vein of the A-01, a MIDI controller/sound generator.

The idea is that you use this to control MIDI and CV/Gate equipped analogue gear, and it comes with its own 16-step sequencer. However, it also contains an 8-bit CPU sound generator and a built-in speaker.

Connectivity-wise you get standard MIDI I/O, USB MIDI (so you can use the A-01 with a computer) and also a wireless MIDI option via Bluetooth LE. There's also that CV/Gate out.

As you may have noticed, the A-01's form factor looks the same as that of the Roland Boutique modules (though we're not sure if it's officially part of the range), so it should come as no surprise to learn that it's compatible with the K-25m keyboard. Built-in controllers include assignable knobs and dual ribbon controllers, while the A-01 comes in a compact metal chassis and can be powered by batteries or over USB.

The A-01 will be available in February priced at £309. Find out more on the Roland website.

http://www.roland.com/products/a-01/

POWERFUL POCKET MODULE WITH MIDI/ANALOG CONNECTIVITY AND SOUND ENGINE
A controller is a vital part of any music production setup, but choosing the right one can be a dilemma. You want a unit with the flexibility to drive all your MIDI and CV/GATE-equipped analog gear. You need to connect to the huge range of music-making apps for tablets and smartphones. And as a modern musician moving from gig to gig, you need to be able to work on projects whenever inspiration strikes. The Roland A-01 ticks all of your boxes—whether you want to warm up backstage, control every element of an elaborate home studio setup, or create original music from scratch, this flexible controller and sound generator is your one-stop solution.

Ultra-compact controller and sound generator
Highly portable for mobile music making
High-quality construction with metal front panel
Dual assignable ribbon controls for pitch bend, modulation, sound preview, CC, and more
MIDI over Bluetooth®
CV/GATE outputs for legacy analog/modular synthesizers
Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB bus-powered
192x40 graphic LCD screen
Built-in 0.5 W mini-speaker for real-time sounds
Compatible with optional Roland K-25m mini-keyboard
Bundled package with K-25m keyboard dock (A-01K) is also available
Fits Into Your Setup with Flexible Connectivity to MIDI & Analog Gear

Once you've built your music-production setup, it's frustrating if your MIDI controller can't interface with all the elements. Whether you're playing modern MIDI or vintage analog synths, working on a home computer, or touring with an iOS device, the A-01 module is a truly open-ended controller offering multiple connectivity options for every MIDI format. For legacy MIDI synths, simply use the standard MIDI IN/OUT socket. To work with your favorite DAW software on a Mac or PC, there's the USB MIDI jack, while MIDI over Bluetooth allows for production work on a tablet or smartphone as well as a computer. Better still, there's no need to ditch your faithful analog gear, as the A-01's CV/GATE OUT supports classic equipment, including vintage modular synths.
More Than a Controller—Spark Original Music with the Sound Engine and K-25m Keyboard

You'd expect a good MIDI controller to take charge of your setup. What you might not realize is that the A-01 is also a pocket synthesizer that lets you create original music at home or away. With an 8-bit CPU sound engine developed by the engineer responsible for Roland classics including the JX-3P, this module echoes the concept of the Roland Boutique family. Docking into the optional Roland K-25m keyboard unit, you'll have 25 velocity-sensitive keys at your fingertips for creating music in real time and driving external gear. Combined with a 16-step sequencer for sparking ambitious musical ideas, the A-01 goes far beyond control and kick starts your creativity.
Easy Operation and LCD for Real-Time Control On Stage and In the Studio

Whether you're working on a complex studio arrangement or triggering synths at a gig, it's vital to have a MIDI controller that gives you the information you need at a glance. Thanks to the A-01's intuitive operation and visual representation of data—plus the optional K-25m keyboard unit—you'll always be in control. Cleanly designed for real-time performance, the module has dedicated dials and dual ribbon controllers assignable to pitch bend, modulation, sound preview, and channel and polyphonic aftertouch, as well as CC and system exclusive data. Even in a pitch-black venue, you'll be kept in the loop by a 192x40 graphic LCD screen, which gives you all the facts, right down to the shape of the output waveform.
Compact, Battery-Powered, and Speaker-Equipped for Music Production On the Move

As a modern musician, your career pulls you between stage, studio, and band practice, and you don't want to be slowed down by a cumbersome MIDI controller. Despite its heavyweight tech, the A-01 is light on its feet. The ultra-compact, metal-paneled design is pocket-sized, weighs 950 grams/36 ounces, and is powered by either batteries (4 x AA) or USB bus power. It's practical for playback, too, with your choice between the built-in 0.5 W mini-speaker or plugging in headphones.

admin

Everything that players love about a finely tuned vintage tube amp is present in abundance with the Blues Cube Hot.
Blues Cube Hot
http://www.roland.com/products/blues_cube_hot/

More Roland Videos here
https://www.youtube.com/user/RolandChannel/videos

admin

Waldorf KB-37 EuroRack Keyboard

admin

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gearnews.de%2Fantelope-audio-verraet-ein-guitar-modeling-plug-in%2F&edit-text=
Antelope Audio reveals a Guitar Modeling Plug-in

Antelope Audio, one of the leading high-end manufacturer of professional audio equipment and well known through the development of the Atomic Clock Clocking Systems, announces a collaboration with the Italian amp simulation software company Overloud Audio Tools.
The strong sounds like high end guitar sound processing!
And that's it. Antelope Tools and Overloud Audiotools a Guitar Modeling Plug-in will bring to the market. Specifications for this purpose, there will be only for the NAMM Show. Initial reports on the Internet show the surface of the plug-ins, which is graphically similar to guitar amps and microphone as well as their positioning is in front of the speakers. It can be seen that the plug-in in the software running mixer control of ORION hardware. According to a recent public press release by the Antelope Audio Modeling Plug-in is calculated on the DSP sound card. Thus, it is only the users not yet so widespread hardware. The promised high quality of the calculation algorithm, which is responsible for the simulation is, well, just so assured in an acceptable rate, ie with little latency. Great for live use - rather unfortunate for the broad market! In a forum post at Gearslutz there is an audio sample with the plug-in, which not bad sounds. Perhaps it is planned to publish the plug-in in the near future as a standalone VST. Otherwise remains only the acquisition of Antelope Audio hardware, which is not a bad option!
Here you can watch the Audio Example listen (Gearslutz article):
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/winter-namm-2016-jan-21-24-anaheim-ca-usa/1057377-antelope-introducing-guitar-fx-modeling.html
Here's the press release:
http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=12b14a7eb2513e23fcff4d6e5&id=7d19ad50d6
Prices and delivery dates are not yet available, but will be submitted later.
More info about Antelope Audio: http://www.antelopeaudio.com/de
More information about Overloud Audio Tools: http://www.overloud.com

http://www.antelopeaudio.com/blog/en/attention-guitarists-antelope-audio-announces-collaboration-with-overloud-audio-tools-at-namm-2016/

Anaheim, Calif., January 19, 2016 — Clocking and conversion expert Antelope Audio Booth A 6596] and Italian amplifier simulation software maker Overloud Audio Tools, creator of the TH3 amplifier simulation software, have announced a new partnership at NAMM 2016. The collaboration between the two companies will enable guitarists to maintain their unique tones all the way through the record and capture process through Antelope's renowned interface technology, while enjoying the unparalleled flexibility of digital guitar processing and amp simulation.

The implications for guitarists performing in live and recording situations are significant: "More and more, guitarists are appreciating the flexibility of digital signal processing to achieve 'the perfect tone' in a variety of performance settings," says Igor Levin, CEO and Founder of Antelope Audio. "But oftentimes that tone is degraded by the use of inferior recording interfaces and DSP algorithms. Our collaboration with Overloud Audio will introduce new solutions for guitarists that ensure preservation of their authentic tones — and their investment — that carry through the entire recording and playback processes."

Antelope Audio recently expanded the sonic possibilities for customers craving high quality, customized DSP effects with the launch of its new AuraVerb and other plug-ins — which now ship with Orion32+ and Orion Studio Thunderbolt™ interfaces. These effects leverage Antelope's proprietary DSP engine and effects algorithms, allowing simultaneous processing of multiple effects with almost no latency. These innovations, which derive from Antelope's deep product engineering expertise, complement Overloud's own leadership and innovations in amplifier simulation technology, such as its TH3 amplifier simulation software.

"One of our long-term product goals has been to combine our models into a dedicated hardware interface, so musicians can achieve a superior live and studio experience," commented Thomas Serafini, Chief Technology Officer of Overloud. "We are excited to partner with Antelope Audio, which is clearly at the fore of audio interface technology. We are confident this partnership will unleash the potential of both companies and allow us to create innovative products for musicians."

Details on specific product initiatives resulting from the new collaboration will be announced in the coming months.

admin

Virtual synths via iPhone 6S will aftertouch 3D Touch

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/09/27/aftertouch-coming-to-iphone-software-synths-with-3d-touch-sneak-preview/
new 3D Touch ... virtual keyboards with aftertouch and velocity sensitivity? It's a possibility ... "it was visionary at the same time hopeful. But Stallfield -our friend, partner and developer of iOS (also known as Alejandro Luengo) - stated that Apple 3D Touch is very limited functionality to implement this type of control, especially when the 128 possible MIDI aftertouch values ​​seem a world comparison with limited trio of pressure variation that supports 3D Touch. However, even with these limitations, we talk about a new horizon of options ...

3D Touch, extended musical experience

The truth is that the ability to detect pressure from the screens of the new Apple iPhone 6S, 6S Plus and iPad Pro provides developers with a richer set of options that surprising stage. And it goes beyond mere imagination or assumptions, as evidenced by a new video released by the Japanese Bismarck in his YouTube channel .

You can see that video up on the opening image of this news.

It remains to be seen if the video is really real, that is, if it sounds really comes from virtual synthesizer Bismark bs-16i. But if we take it for true, what we see is that the virtual instrument responds with a typical vibrato to aftertouch exerted on the screen of Apple iPhone 6S course.

admin

http://bulletcable.com/

Started back in 2003 with the simple question listening to Jimi Hendrix. Why can't you get a coily cable anymore? Well, I guess I should design one as the thought seemed so easy to achieve. Making a coil cable our standards took almost two years but looking back it was the musicians the kept us inspired.

Really excited to be relaunching this month at NAMM. Thank you to all that support the brand and love Bullet Cable. We have one primary goal

"To enhance the music-making experience."

http://bulletcable.com/the-coil-cable/

admin

http://audioxpress.com/

Waves Audio Now Shipping the eMotion LV1 Live Mixer

January 11, 2016by audioXpress Staff

Digital signal processing specialist Waves Audio is now shipping the Waves eMotion LV1 mixer, a revolutionary live digital mixing console that provides real-time audio mixing for front-of-house, monitor and broadcast engineers. Based on Waves SoundGrid technology, this software mixer combines sound quality with the convenience and speed needed in demanding live environments.

The eMotion LV1 mixer is a concept which Waves as been developing for some time now, as part of its SoundGrid audio networking technology for live sound and studio applications. The eMotion software is compatible with the Tactus Digital Mixing System, developed by Peavey/Crest Audio, which has also been extensively demonstrated in pro audio shows.

eMotion LV1 gives live engineers unprecedented control over their sound. Each of the mixer's channels has its own plugin rack capable of running up to eight Waves and third-party plugins. This means the possibility to mix live with hundreds of instances of plugins, all running inside the mixer itself. All plugin presets and chains saved in eMotion LV1 can be shared with the Waves MultiRack and StudioRack plugin hosts, allowing engineers to move seamlessly between live and studio environments. The mixer's channel strip — its standard EQ, filters and dynamics processing — is provided by Waves eMo plugins: eMo D5 Dynamics, eMo F2 Filter and eMo Q4 Equalizer, all designed for maximum clarity and efficiency in a live environment.

The Waves eMotion LV1 comes in three configurations: 64, 32 or 16 stereo/mono input channels. The mixer can be controlled by hardware control surfaces and multi-touch devices, ranging from four touchscreens to a single laptop or tablet. The mixer uses the SoundGrid infrastructure for audio networking. It can be configured as a portable or stationary setup, and can connect to any SoundGrid-compatible I/O or server. This means that live sound engineers can easily take their mixer with them and run it anytime, anywhere — at home, in a hotel room, on the tour bus, or at the live venue. This way they can have all the time they need to work on their sessions, whether offline or with full-on audio, and make sure they are 100% ready for the show.

Main features of the Waves eMotion LV1 include up to 64 stereo/mono input & 36 stereo buss/return channels; the possibility to run up to 8 SoundGrid-compatible plugins directly on each channel; standard channel processing provided by Waves eMo plugins; up to 16 auxes, 8 audio groups (stereo/mono), L/R/C/Mono, 8 matrixes, 16 DCA faders, 8 mute groups, and 8 user-assignable function controls.

The mixer uses a 32-bit floating point mix engine with support for up to 96 kHz sample rate and can be connected to diverse SoundGrid I/Os & drivers and to multiple DAWs. The Waves eMotion LV1 software is Windows/Mac 64 bit-compatible and can be downloaded through Waves newly launched Waves Central online license manager and plugin installation center.

With Waves Central, activation and installation is done with a single interface - no need to download installers. Waves Central is available as a free downloadable application from the Downloads section at Waves.com. The existing user's login info allows access to Waves Central to perform product installations and license activations for full products as well as product demos, and provides online installation and activation solutions, as well as solutions for offline installation and for writing licenses to a USB device (for use with computers not connected to the internet).

SoundGrid systems are software and hardware solutions designed to bring real-time processing and networking and the power of Waves tools to any system, studio or live. SoundGrid provides an extremely low-latency environment for high-precision audio processing. Together with a server, a Mac or PC host computer and an I/O, SoundGrid allows running a multitude of high-quality reverbs, equalizers, compressors, and other mixing tools by Waves, as well as any other SoundGrid-compatible third-party plugins, all in real time.
http://audioxpress.com/assets/upload/images/Waves_eMotionLV1Web.jpg
SoundGrid is an Audio-over-Ethernet networking and processing technology using standard Intel CPUs and 1 Gbps Ethernet networks. Real-time audio processing is performed on standard Intel-based plugin servers, running a Waves-customized real-time version of Linux. Audio Transport and System Control SoundGrid is a proprietary Ethernet Layer 2 Protocol and EtherType. Audio is transported and routed between networked I/O devices and is processed on plugin servers connected to the same network. The I/O device converts SoundGrid packets to standard and proprietary audio protocol schemes.