Use with GT-100 or similar

Started by wkcchampion, November 24, 2016, 06:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkcchampion

Hello,
I'm considering to buy either a BR-80 (mainly) or a JS-10 (as a second choice), mainly for the eBand feature which I really like.
I read the manuals but I'd like to read the opinion of someone who actually owns the device.

Since I have the GT-100 and I have all my sounds setup there, I would not use the internal COSM models and effects. My idea would be to use the GT-100 as input (through a 2x mono jack to mini stereo jack Y-cable), instead of the bare guitar. This would mean to plug in through the small stereo input (mini stereo jack), not the main guitar one (standard jack).

Do you see any limitations in doing this? Would the eBand capaibilities work, exactly like plugging in the guitar directly (minus the internal FX)? Or is the mini stereo input designed for an external music player only?

In other words... I'd like to accompany myself using the eBand backing tracks (or custom tracks loaded in eBand), with the guitar being sourced from the GT-100 and fed through the small stereo input, to preserve the stereo FX such as delay, chorus, reverb.

Thank you!
Marco

gumtown

That would work fine.
Another alternative is to use the BR-80 1/8" stereo out into the GT-100 1/8" stereo Aux in.
That will leave the BR-80 1/4" input to use for a mic and it's built in vocal effects.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

wkcchampion

Quote from: gumtown on November 24, 2016, 10:11:13 AM
That would work fine.
Another alternative is to use the BR-80 1/8" stereo out into the GT-100 1/8" stereo Aux in.
That will leave the BR-80 1/4" input to use for a mic and it's built in vocal effects.

Great!
Does this mean that I would be able to use the Micro recorder to process/record both guitar (GT-100) and vocals (built-in)?

gumtown

no you can only record one stereo track at a time, being what is plugged into the BR-80 input, or using it's internal stereo mics.

With the BR-80 plugged into the GT-100 Aux in, you are mixing the stand alone GT-100 and stand alone BR-80 with the eBand tracks + what ever is being processed through it's input (optional - example being a mic on a stand).

The two units are mixed at the GT-100's output circuit using the GT-100 L/R output and phones jacks, but they work independent of each other.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/