Bill Ruppert

wmzaphod

Am I having a senior moment - I haven't seen this before????  ??? :P
Peter
a gear-a-holic

See some guitars at JediStar.com

gumtown

Maybe.
The color and knobs have the look of the GT-8/ME-70/ME-25, and the size and pedal layout is simular to the GT-10, the display looks like something from Line6, but the dual displays is new for Boss.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Bill Ruppert

It was leaked today from Dolphin Music in the UK pre Namm opening.
They pulled the info fast as I am sure Roland FREAKED OUT.

Quote from: wmzaphod on January 18, 2012, 05:40:22 PM
Am I having a senior moment - I haven't seen this before????  ??? :P

wmzaphod

Quote from: gumtown on January 18, 2012, 05:46:07 PM
Maybe.
The color and knobs have the look of the GT-8/ME-70/ME-25, and the size and pedal layout is simular to the GT-10, the display looks like something from Line6, but the dual displays is new for Boss.
So it could be real then...! 8)
Peter
a gear-a-holic

wmzaphod

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on January 18, 2012, 05:47:53 PM
It was leaked today from Dolphin Music in the UK pre Namm opening.
They pulled the info fast as I am sure Roland FREAKED OUT.
Ah ha... thanks Bill....
Peter
a gear-a-holic

gumtown

The details are still floating about a few dutch and italian sites if you google "Boss GT100"
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

paults

Seems like there is always some retailer who "leaks" info a day or so early.... coincidence, or buzz builder?

Line 6 used to go so far as to add pages and images to their website, um, er, not thinking anyone would "find" them..

It's all fun, though :)

Elantric

Seems like a cross between a GT-10 and a GT-8 to me - I like the return of knobs!

But they missed with only ONE external Control Jack - which means you can have either:

* External 2nd Expression Pedal

OR

* Two External Footswitches

but Not  Both -

And they removed the typical SPDIF Out, and replaced it with the USB Audio Interface.

But this seems to be the only way to obtain the latest improved versions of Roland's COSM Amp modelling.  I must say the COSM Amp models in even the Micro BR-80 are an improvement over the now 5 year old VG-99 equivalent versions .

They are bean counting to keep cost down.

====

"The Dolphin Music page has been pulled now, but i found this from a dutch site, and here is the translation.

Product:
Boss GT-100 floor multi-effects processor for guitar Boss GT-100 floor multi-effects processor for guitar

General: General:
The Boss GT-100 is the successor of the popular GT-10 and is the flagship of the GT Series floor-effects processors. The Boss GT-100 is the successor of the popular GT-10 and is the flagship of the GT Series Floor-effects processors. The GT-100 features a powerful new DSP engine and has improved and highly responsive COSM amp models. The GT-100 features a powerful new DSP engine and HAS improved and highly responsive COSM amp models. In addition, all securities received an update and an option to real-time editing. In Addition, all securities received an update and an option to real-time editing. The innovative user interface of the GT-100 is now more user-friendly and intuitive to use. The innovative user interface of the GT-100 is now more user-friendly and intuitive to use. And with EZ Tone enables you to snap a professional guitar sounds. And with EZ Tone Enables you to snap a professional guitar sounds. The large dual LCD screens offer more and clearer information, both while playing and during programming your sounds. The large dual LCD screens, offering more and clearer information, Both while playing and constantly programming your sounds.

GT-100: packed with authentic legendary amps and effects GT-100: packed with authentic legendary amps and effects
COSM amp models are completely redesigned, making the GT-100 sounds better and feels more natural than all his predecessors. COSM amp models are Completely redesigned, making the GT-100 sounds better and feels more natural than all His predecessors. Of rare and vintage guitar amps to modern high-gain monster tear, you'll be amazed at the realism. And vintage guitar amps or strange to modern high gain monster tear, you'll be amazed at the realism. The GT-100 is also packed with Boss effects through the years has made known and popular guitarists. The GT-100 is packed with Boss effects Also through the years HAS made known and popular guitarists. There are several distortions, such as the legendary DS-1, overdrives, delays and reverbs, choruses and flangers and more. There are Several distortions, Such As The Legendary DS-1, overdrives, delays and reverbs, choruses and flangers and more. The robust expression pedal can be used as a volume pedal or wah, but also as a pitch shifter, blend effects and real-time effects influencing parameters. The robust expression pedal can be overused as a volume pedal or wah, but Also as a pitch shifter, blending effects and real-time effects Influencing parameters. And of course, the Phraser / looper not miss this top model. And of course, the Phraser / Looper not miss this top model.

Flexible ins and outs of various applications Flexible ins and outs of applications Various Artists
On the back of the GT-100 is a range of inputs and outputs, making it flexible manner. On the back of the GT-100 has a range of inputs and outputs, making it flexible Manner. Of course there are the MIDI in and out, an effects loop for external effects and an input for an external expression pedal or footswitch. Of course there are the MIDI in and out, an effects loop for external effects and an input for an external expression pedal or footswitch. This is in addition a USB port for connecting to your computer so you CD-quality recording capability. This is in addition under a USB port for connecting to your computer so you CD-quality recording capability. And the GT-100 is back with a CTL AMP output that the channels or effects to your guitar amplifier can change. And the GT-100 is back with a CTL amp thats the output channels or effects to your guitar amplifier can change. You can even play along with an MP3 player or iPod through the 1 / 8 "AUX input. You can even play along with an MP3 player or iPod through the 1 / 8 "AUX input. And of course, a headphone jack is not lacking, the practice quietly into the night. And of course, a headphone jack is not lacking, the Practice quietly Into The Night.

The GT-100 has a sturdy all-metal body with eight footswitches, allowing it to withstand the toughest stage violence. The GT-100 Has A sturdy all-metal body with eight footswitches, allo wing it to the Toughest internship with state violence. But he is also ideal for home and studio! But he is Also ideal for home and studio!

Specifications: Specifications:
- Versatile multi-effects processor for guitar - Versatile multi-effects processor for guitar
- Powerful DSP effects and modeling COSM engine powered by being rebuilt - Powerful DSP effects and modeling COSM engine being rebuilt powered by
- 8 sturdy foot switches, Preset 1-4, Bank Up / Down, Phrase Loop and Accel / CTL - 8 sturdy footswitches, Preset 1-4, Bank Up / Down, Phrase Loop and Accel / CTL
- Robust expression pedal for volume, wah and real-time parameter control - Robust expression pedal for volume, wah and real-time parameter control
- Dual LCD screens for further review - Dual LCD screens for Further Review
- 8 potentiometers parameter - Parameter 8 potentiometers
- Master volume control - Master volume control
- Manual Mode - Manual Mode
- Sounds quickly and easily with EZ Tone Wizard - Quickly and Easily Make Sounds With The EZ Tone wizard
- Chromatic tuner and metronome mode - Chromatic tuner and metronome mode
- On / off switch at the rear - On / off switch on the back
- USB port for direct recording to your computer - USB port for direct recording to your computer
- Guitar Input: 1 / 4 "mono jack - Guitar Input: 1 / 4" mono jack
- Outputs: 2 x 1 / 4 "(left + right) - Outputs: 2 x 1 / 4" (left + right)
- Effects Loop with 1 / 4 "Send + Return, Ground / lift switch - Effects Loop with 1 / 4" Send + Return, Ground / Lift Switch
- 1 / 4 "amp control output for switching an effect on your amplifier or channel - 1 / 4" amp control output for switching the channel on your amp or effects
- 1 / 4 "TRS input for optional expression pedal or footswitch optional - 1 / 4" TRS input for optional expression pedal or optional footswitch
- 1 / 4 "TRS headphone connector - 1 / 4" TRS headphone jack
- MIDI: 2 x 5-pin DIN (in + out) - MIDI: 2 x 5-pin DIN (In + Out)
- Line: 1 / 8 "stereo jack for external audio sources such as CD/MP3 player and iPod, etc. - Line: 1 / 8" stereo jack for external audio sources Such As CD/MP3 player and iPod, etc.
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor: Roland PSB-1U) - Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor: Roland PSB-1U)
- Includes: AC Adaptor (Roland PSB-1U), Manual, Roland Service (Information Sheet) - Includes: AC Adaptor (Roland PSB-1U), Manual, Roland Service (Information Sheet)

Warranty: Warranty:
This product gives you 2 years warranty. This product gives you 2 years warranty.

Suggestions or comments about this product: Suggestions or comments about this product:
- Note: Specifications and text subject to official notice! - Note: Specifications subject to official notice and text!"

Elantric

Of Course Fender has entered the DSP Amp Sim Multi- FX Footpedal Competition too:

===
Fender Mustang Floor

The new Fender Mustang Floor raises the standard for modern guitar versatility and muscle. Driven by incredibly authentic amp models and a huge array of built-in effects, the Mustang Floor comes equipped with USB connectivity and Fender FUSE™ software, allowing you to create and shape your tone like never before.

The Mustang Floor board delivers unlimited tonal variety and performance. It contains 100 amp presets derived from 12 different amp models that deliver accurate tones from vintage Fender tube combos, classic British tones from decades past, to outrageous modern metal distortion, and 37 different effects in four categories (stomp, modulation, delay and reverb), The Mustang Floor Board features an easy to use, accessible control panel, making it easy to navigate through all the tonal possibilities. These user friendly features make it great for live performances, as you can shape your tone on the fly.

Furthermore, you can connect the Mustang Floor board to your computer with free Fender FUSE™ software; opening up a world of possibilities, including on-screen parameter control, deep editing, additional effects, unlimited preset storage, online preset swapping with the Fender FUSE™ community, and free Fender artist presets.

gumtown

And i like this statement, must have been the google translation

The GT-100 has a sturdy all-metal body with eight footswitches, allowing it to withstand the toughest stage violence.

wmzaphod

Quote from: gumtown on January 18, 2012, 06:37:12 PM
And i like this statement, must have been the google translation
That sounds about right - here in Qld at least  :P
Peter
a gear-a-holic

whippinpost91850

I miss going to NAMM. :'( Iwent every year for 20 years when I had my music store. I have a feeling this is going to be a good one too.

gumtown

Any chance a group buy on the GT-100 could be arranged??

I have a feeling this is going to be a very popular MFX pedal,
especially if the new amp modelling and effects are simular to the GR-55's.

Elantric

QuoteAny chance a group buy on the GT-100 could be arranged??

I'll work on it.

Elantric

Gumtown -

I figure its 99% fact that Roland dropped the ball and Will NOT have an Editor for the GT-100.

These days - they actually Charge Extra for the GUI Editor
(for example the Roland GAIA Synth Editor is an optional purchase)

http://www.roland.com/products/en/SD-SH01/

Are you game for creating another Floorboard Editor for this new GT-100?

Bill Ruppert

Gumtown should!
Charge for it as well!!!

gumtown

Quote from: Elantric on January 18, 2012, 07:41:19 PM
Are you game for creating another Floorboard Editor for this new GT-100?

I think I will, as soon as I can get a GT-100,
would be nice if they could provide a complimentary one this time
(although I know it will never happen),
since I have done free editors for 11 different Boss/Roland products so far
(wow have i brought that much Boss/Roland gear in the last 7 years?!  :o ).

Bill Ruppert

You would THINK getting one to you fast would be a no brainier!

BUT I first hand have seen Roland cares VERY little for outside support.
Your best bet is to privatize and think of you self.
Get paid for your hard work and answer to no one.

Its wonderful to give your work away, but at this point its way beyond a hobby.
You have a product and deserve to be be payed for it.
You have bills and a family that needs to be feed.
Most who uses your program work day jobs to feed their family.
They come home and there is your work for free.
Would the guys downloading your free program work for free if were not paid????
Never!

Elantric

Of course Bill is right -

This weekend at NAMM I will remind all Roland people I see that Colin's (Gumtown) efforts creating Graphic User Interface Editors for numerous pieces of Roland / Boss gear have played a significant role in Roland's success  in the marketplace - particularly with the GR-55.

http://fxfloorboard.sourceforge.net/

Of course I will try to nail them on the existence   / status of any forthcoming  "factory" Roland GT-100 Editor.

Elantric

More details emerge - from Romania

http://forums.rgc.ro/topic/67674-boss-gt-100/

At this years NAMM 2012 Trade Show, Boss will be introducing the new GT-100 Amp Effects Processor. It is the latest edition to the popular GT Series of floor based multi effects. Driven by a powerful new Boss DSP Engine it is set to be the most advanced GT ever. It is loaded with newly developed, ultra responsive COSM amps, updated effects with enhanced real-time control options. Sporting dual displays for easy sound programing and much more.

Boss has completely remodelled all of its COSM amps taking decades of research to create the best sounding guitar processor to date. The amp modelling contains vintage models right through to ultra high gain sounds and everything in between. It also boasts a huge array of powerful effects including, distortions, overdrives, delays, pitch shifters, modulation, reverbs and many many more.

The user interface on the GT-100 has had a complete redesign also, offering easy and intuitive operation which improves upon an already great design. The GT-100 also has the acclaimed EZ TONE packed into it giving the user the ability to dial in world class tones in just a few simple tweaks.

The GT-100 is housed in an all metal chassis and has a heavy duty expression pedal which controls, pitch, wah, volume and much more. This is the most versatile GT series product yet and can be used from the studio to the stage.

Spider

BOSS ANNOUNCES GT-100 AMP EFFECTS PROCESSOR
New Ultra-Responsive Amp Models, Updated Effects, Dual Displays, and
More
Los Angeles, CA, January 19, 2012 — BOSS is proud to introduce the GT-100
Amp Effects Processor, the latest addition to the popular GT-series lineup of floorbased
multi-effects units for guitarists. Driven by a powerful new BOSS DSP engine,
the GT-100 is the most advanced GT ever, loaded with newly developed, ultraresponsive
COSM® amps, updated effects with enhanced real-time control options,
dual displays for easy sound programming, and more.
BOSS has completely remodeled all of the COSM amps in the GT-100, distilling
decades of sound research to create the best-sounding guitar processor the
company has produced to date. Reaching far beyond conventional vintage amp
modeling, the GT-100 includes a host of all-new amps that deliver amazingly
transparent clean tones to ultra-high gain modern sounds and everything in between.
At the core of the GT-100 is BOSS' new proprietary DSP chip, a blazing-fast
processor that provides unparalleled muscle for COSM amps and effects. Thanks to
this powerful new chip, the GT-100's COSM amps sound better than ever before,
with a dynamic touch and response that truly captures the feel and expressiveness of
the world's finest tube-based amplifiers.
The GT-100 is also a powerful multi-effects processor packed with a huge array of
effects, including overdrives, distortions, delays, pitch shifters, modulation, reverb,
and many more. The newly developed ACCEL pedal lets players creative explosive
effects in live performance by adjusting multiple effects parameters in real time with
one simple foot press.
The GT-100's user interface has been completely redesigned as well, offering easy,
intuitive operation that greatly improves on previous designs. Dual displays make
navigation simple while programming tones, with intuitive parameter adjustment via
easy-to-grab knobs. The GT-100 also includes the acclaimed EZ TONE, which gives
everyone from beginners to pros the ability to dial up world-class tones with just a
few tweaks. AMP CUSTOMIZE and OD/DS CUSTOMIZE functions, which enable to
create original amps and OD/DS, are newly added to EZ TONE.
Housed in a road-tested, all-metal GT chassis with a sleek black finish, the GT-100 is
ready for action on stage and in the studio. Eight onboard foot switches provide
control over patch selection, as well as immediate access to the built-in Phrase
Looper and ACCEL functions. The integrated heavy-duty expression pedal offers foot
control over volume, wah, pitch effects, and more. Additionally, the new quick-access
Manual mode instantly transforms the GT-100 from a patch-based multi-effects unit
to a pedalboard full of legendary stomps with individual on/off control.
The GT-100 will be available in February 2012. For more information, visit
www.RolandConnect.com.

imall41

Quote from: gumtown on January 18, 2012, 07:11:08 PM
Any chance a group buy on the GT-100 could be arranged??

I have a feeling this is going to be a very popular MFX pedal,
especially if the new amp modelling and effects are simular to the GR-55's.

Premier Guitar says it will be available sometime in Feb.

If a "group buy" can be arranged, you can count me in.

Sold my GT-10 to help pay for the GR-55, and I miss it.

Thanks in advance, Elantric. Outstanding job on the GR-55 group buy!

Elantric

Realize that inflation exists big time these days.

I expect the MSRP for GT-100 to be + $799 USD and $625 street

GT-100 details are here:
http://www.rolandconnect.com/product.php?p=gt-100

gallery

video
GT-100 - Overview

GT-100
Amp Effects Processor
Mega Multi-FX with Next-Generation Amp Modeling
features
?

The long-awaited follow up to the GT-10 has arrived. Meet the new BOSS effects flagship, the GT-100, boasting next-generation amp modeling that recreates vintage amps as well as providing new COSM tones that soar into the future. The user interface has been improved with a unique dual-LCD system, and EZ TONE has been enhanced with newly designed AMP CUSTOMIZE and OD/DS CUSTOMIZE features. The GT-100 is a powerhouse processor that spans from classic to futuristic in a friendly, rugged, road-worthy unit.

Advanced COSM amps that model vintage amp tones and delivers never-before-heard tones
    Dual-LCD for simple and intuitive operation with direct access to every parameter
    Improved EZ Tone TONE feature with graphical TONE GRID for constructing new patches; AMP CUSTOMIZE and OD/DS CUSTOMIZE lets you easily create original amps and overdrive/distortion by customizing their behavior
    Newly developed ACCEL pedal for simultaneous control of multiple parameters

Advanced COSM Amp: Beyond Vintage

With its next-generation COSM processor, the GT-100 ushers in a new era of expression and sonic capabilities. Recreating the meticulous details of vintage amps and how they behave, the GT-100 excels in not only cloning classic amps, but provides a new world of unimagined tones as well. The AMP CUSTOMIZE function lets you mutate classic amps beyond reality. Construct completely new, unimagined sounds!
Simple and Intuitive User Interface

The GT-100's unique dual-LCD and eight-knob user interface provides fast access and intuitive control. There are no menus to navigate; every function is instantly available. The tone-customizing functionality has been improved as well. All patches, amps, and overdrive/distortions can be created from scratch and/or customized with the friendly graphical TONE GRID.
New Tonal Possibilities with the ACCEL Pedal

A new dimension of expression is available with the ACCEL pedal, which enables control of multiple parameters simultaneously, as well as time-variant effects such as FEEDBACKER, S-BEND, TWIST, etc. Experiment with creative combinations of parameters, interacting in real time with the pedal.
New A/B Channel Divide Function

Another notable new feature onboard the GT-100 is the versatile A/B Channel Divide. Assign different amps and effects to each channel, and divide the signal not only by dynamics, but by frequency as well, with each channel capable of driving its own effects and amps settings. The range of tonal possibilities gets wider, and wilder! Assign smooth, mild lead tones to the mid-to-high pitches, for example, and heavy, cutting tones to the lower notes.

Elantric