Zoom G3

Started by Elantric, August 13, 2011, 10:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myksara

Anyone tried the g3xn and compared with the g3x? Absence of usb interfacing capabilities,headphone jack and very less amp models on g3xn is demotivating!!
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

DutchGuitarDude

I still love my g3 in this day and age of strymon and eventide....

Looking to control pc over midi with it now. Anyone have experience with the kenton midi usb host?

arbeitsnlet

Hello, is it possible with the help of arduino uno and usb shield to read the preset number and bring it somewhere in code? (zoom g3x) I need it to control my cabsim. Part of code to control cabsim is simple if I'll have a preset number 1-100 or 0-99. Please help!!!

sixeight

Quote from: arbeitsnlet on March 18, 2020, 02:59:08 AM
Hello, is it possible with the help of arduino uno and usb shield to read the preset number and bring it somewhere in code? (zoom g3x) I need it to control my cabsim. Part of code to control cabsim is simple if I'll have a preset number 1-100 or 0-99. Please help!!!

Yes, it is.  If you send the following sysex message: F0 52 00 5A 33 F7, the G3 responds with the current Bank number (CC00 and CC32) and the current Program number (PC)

arbeitsnlet

Thanks. Thanks to you, I figured out how to implement this. Now I will work on an external device which will provide for the selection of IR for each zoom preset.