GT-10 - Anyone using a Boss GT-10 to control the VG-99?

Started by Virtual Tone, February 12, 2008, 07:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaultnaemsae and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Virtual Tone

I was wondering if the BOSS GT-10 could be used to control and talk to the VG99 instead of the FC-300.

If so... that might be a cool combo. ;)

VT

vanceg

Well, I assume you want to utilize the GT-10s effects as well, yes?  If so, I might point out that the GT-10 seems to be a Mono Input device and the VG-99 already has some impressive stereo panning skills that I, personally, wouldn't want to give up. I love being able to pan each guitar and amp, not to mention panning each string. 
Next I suppose you'd need to check to see if the GT-10 has a "midi controller mode" in which the footswitches and pedal on the unit could be used to just send MIDI messages rather than controlling the effects of the GT-10...I would think this would be necessary to make good use of it in controlling the VG-99.

Thats my initial thought.

Quote from: Virtual Tone on February 12, 2008, 07:21:25 AM
I was wondering if the BOSS GT-10 could be used to control and talk to the VG99 instead of the FC-300.

If so... that might be a cool combo. ;)

VT

stevewire

The GT-10 definitely can send midi messages.  Right now I have my GT-10 controlling an Adrenalinn III.  But I don't know if it could control the VG99.  I would be very interested to know.  Obviously it would be more for control than probably sending the signal through the GT.  I would think that the VG has at least all the GT effects, preamps, EQs, etc and more.

gp81

Is anyone here using a Boss GT-10 as a midi controller for the VG-99?  How does it work for you?

gumtown

Have not used it with a VG-99, but I can tell you that the GT-10 is very capable as a midi controller.

The 4 patch pedals and 2 bank pedals will give you patch change of up to 400 patches.
The EXP pedal, EXP pedal switch, CTL1 and CTL2 pedals are cc# programmable
The external EXP pedal or 2 x footswitch (CTL2 CTL4) are also cc# programmable.
It also has a AMP CTL output jack used as an assignable on/off jack switch.

Even if you don't use any of the GT-10 patches/audio, using the GT-10's large bright LCD display you could rename it's patches to match the names of those in the VG-99.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

rowka

This is an interesting idea. 
Saves buying a FC300, and allows for having the GT-10B allways on stage as a "backup" in the event of catastrophe.

Elantric

Old Line6 POD XT Live and Vox ToneLab SE both work well as dedicated MIDI floor controllers
Since they have 5pin MIDI I/O it can also serve as a MIDI foot controller for GR-55, Kemper, ipad  / BIAS rig too

Vox ToneLab SE Editor below - Look on far right  - those are assignable per Vox ToneLab SE's footswitches to transmit User assignable  MIDI CC# messages 

chrish

the RC-300  has assignable cc#'s to it's control midi out, and also would make a good controller for the vg99. A looper and the vg99 is a good combination.