Wireless transmitter inside instrument, anyone?

Started by cags12, September 03, 2017, 05:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cags12

Has anyone tried fitting a a wireless transmitter inside their instrument?

I am thinking on disassembling a Line 6 relay G10 or G30, taking the circuit off and fitting inside my guitar on the existing control cavity (no routing). Space is a constrain so the transmitter with smallest footprint would be great. Battery type and voltage also important to make it convenient for recharging.

What about other brands? It seems the JOYO JW0-1 is a very neat inexpensive option with minimal footprint. Not sure about the quality.

This is mainly for home use.

admin

Thomas Nordegg has built several for big names - this is for Ritchie Sambora

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20540.msg155694#msg155694

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10539.msg149338#msg149338

the G10 is being used on his new builds - but know the latency is not as low compared to the advanced ( more $$) Line 6 versions

cags12

Haha I was literally waiting for somebody to quote on Thomas Nordeg's build.

However,  he is embedding the whole transmitter in a routed cavity. This is not what I am looking for but projects (if anyone) using existing control cavities and reducing the size of the transmitters to be able to tight fit.

admin

The G10 is small enough  - but you want to maintain the ability to charge and pair the small G10 transmitter with the G10receiver station 

the older AKG GuitarBug is suitable for internal installs

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1536&bih=790&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Wireless+transmitter+inside+guitar&oq=Wireless+transmitter+inside+guitar&gs_l=psy-ab.3...21459.43377.0.50586.37.36.0.0.0.0.273.4431.0j24j4.28.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..9.9.1324.0..0j0i67k1j0i13k1.IAp5Pvhe3kA#imgrc=ButeO7CTuAZRRM:

I will say whatever wireless guitar transmitter you contemplate using,  be sure you try it first before you modify it for an internal installation

The above line-6 and AKG systems work well , however 90% of the wireless guitar systems sold today turn to complete rubbish when feeding a distortion pedal before your amp - and are rather useless when feeding into a modern high gain amplifier  leaving you with just a shower of white noise hiss.

cags12

Quote from: admsustainiac on September 03, 2017, 08:02:26 AM
The G10 is small enough  - but you want to maintain the ability to charge and pair the small G10 transmitter with the G10receiver station

If I were to use the G10, charging and channel selection I believe could be accomplished by using a short stereo cable and a TRS jack on the guitar or alternatively USB adapter on the cover plate. What I do not like about the G10 is the ON/OFF mechanism (it would need a hack) and that it can only be paired to only one transmitter at a time and changing guitars/transmitters would mean reconnecting to the dock to get them paired. On the other hand the G30 does have an easy ON/OFF switch and supports multiple transmitters in different channels but does not uses a nice rechargeable battery and size of internal component is unknown.

I am being curious if someone has tried something similar with the G10 or any other wireless system.