a few bricking Questions-1 post 2 pre

Started by copperfrog, July 12, 2017, 08:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

copperfrog

i'll ask the forum related questions first on routing
1. would it be safe to put the guitar signal of a helicon vl3 in the fx loop a digitech trio

2. this  is a stupid question but i put in a lot of thought(i think) before i realized it so now it just   
    theoretical
    gk3 pickup out through fx then routed back into the gk's magnetic pickup input i don't know maybe   an elaborate kill switch?
3. I do know why I  s-Watted a fly? fried a fly    a blackstar fly 3w portable battery amp
    i added up the batteries and stupidly plugged in 9v adapter without reading the part that says 6.5v
    now no light, no sound,the good news no smoke but took it apart no fire damage i didn't see any fuse to replace to late for a warranty any ideas ? worth fixing?
any help will be appreciated-thanks! ???
vg99 boss gp10 tripleplay live3 digitech harmonyman

Elantric

Quote from: copperfrog on July 12, 2017, 08:13:50 AM
1. would it be safe to put the guitar signal of a helicon vl3 in the fx loop a digitech trio

2. this  is a stupid question but i put in a lot of thought(i think) before i realized it so now it just   
    theoretical
    gk3 pickup out through fx then routed back into the gk's magnetic pickup input i don't know maybe   an elaborate kill switch?
3. I do know why I  s-Watted a fly? fried a fly    a blackstar fly 3w portable battery amp
    i added up the batteries and stupidly plugged in 9v adapter without reading the part that says 6.5v
    now no light, no sound,the good news no smoke but took it apart no fire damage i didn't see any fuse to replace to late for a warranty any ideas ? worth fixing?

We're all just users here not paid support staff learn your gear some of these questions are a bit like asking should I part my hair on the left or on the right it's really subject to personal preference

copperfrog

Quote from: Elantric on July 12, 2017, 08:23:57 AM

We're all just users here not paid support staff learn your gear some of these questions are a bit like asking should I part my hair on the left or on the right it's really subject to personal preference

sorry elantric i know how it looks lumping all the questions together and should probably go to individual sites but i figured a lot of members have the same gear and looking for novel ways to use them together
i'm worried about "input output tolerances" or to much power getting through or backing up and i have no idea what i'm saying
but if i read the manual my head will explode then it won't matter which way i comb my hair
vg99 boss gp10 tripleplay live3 digitech harmonyman

Elantric

Learn by doing

there are no rules

just dont connect audio signals to power connections

or sit in a bathtub

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/14yo-girl-electrocuted-with-phone-charger-in-bathtub-im-calling-bs.1846048/

Quotewould it be safe to put the guitar signal of a helicon vl3 in the fx loop a digitech trio

why not read the manuals

Just know that a passive electric guitar signal requires a Hi-Z 1Meg input impedance  - a 10K input impedance will roll off the high frequencies - (but many folks like that and hit records have used that approach 

the Output of  Helicon vl3 is NOT high impedance - and will work when feeding 10K input impedance loads ( like the Trio+ FX loop return input

http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/products/voicelive-3/support/

https://3e7777c294b9bcaa5486-bc95634e606bab3d0a267a5a7901c44d.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product_documents/documents/3738_1453332231/TrioPlus_Manual_5064509-A_original.pdf

gumtown

I can see no reason why not.
It should work, try it and see.

theoretical
Yes, i do this with my modified GR-55, an Out/In loop jacks cut into the normal guitar signal right after the input GK 13 pin socket in my GR-55. There are also other devices you can buy (in pedal form) which offer similar features.

I wouldn't have thought 9 volt would  not kill a 6.5 volt device, but if the polarity of the supply was reversed, then it is probably  "buggered". If the supply was un-regulated, it would be more like 13 volts applied.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/