SY-300 - Stacker Bodega: Maybe one of my best; mellow, clean, Exp Pedal needed

Started by Rhcole, July 08, 2017, 09:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

"Stacker" is the patch breakthrough I had a couple of nights ago where the exp pedal holds two of the Oscs in sequence. This produces a great increase in patch clarity with reduced glitches if you practice the exp pedal techniques.
"Bodega" is named after a song I wrote out at the N. CA ocean once (Bodega Bay) where I'm always searching for the ultimate patch for it. I like this patch so much I used this for its name.

Stacker Bodega has a switchable Tri bass Osc beneath the guitar. Ctl 1 brings it in and out. The other 2 Oscs are also Triangles that are set for a dreamy, mellow and mysterious sound as you swell them in and out with the exp pedal.

Played with good finesse this patch is exquisite. If you want to know the kinds of patches I like to play personally, try this one.

gghostboy

Incredibly interested in how this sounds and works, but would appreciate some audio samples as I am away from my gear for the weekend. Thanks!

Ludl

Hi Rhcole,
thx for sharing.
I just played some of your patches and I really like them.
I got the SY300 for two days now and I´m learning, I´m not new to Oscillators, LFO, Modifiers but it´s cool to get some patches that are different than the factory patches.

Maybe I´ll post a patch someday...

Cheers, Ludwig

ElliotG

Fascinating patch.  The expression pedal plays 2 roles.  It adjusts the OSC mix.  Controlling the levels of OSC 1 & 2 in the mix VS OSC3.  As the EXP pedal moves toward the toe position, it puts an OSC HOLD on OSC 1 & 2 that begin to hold at different pedal positions, and release the hold at different pedal positions.

In the example I start with the pedal in the heel position, pushing to toe, bring up OSC1 & 2.  Then I leave it in toe, play against the drone, hit the harmonic and bring the pedal back to heal, taking off the hold and turning down the OSC levels.