Katana - does anybody knows - any possibility to mod k50 to have fx loop?

Started by Meesha, June 01, 2017, 11:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meesha

i had to afford k50 only by few reasons.. and more i enjoy it, more i feel that i need fx loop (in other areas k50 fill all my needs)
is it possible to mod k50 - maybe the core plate is similar and has anywhere skipped fx loop contact group etc.? just to add few wires and jack sockets to have a loop after amp?

sorry if you find it a dumb question - i'm blond with electricity/engineering...

Elantric

All Katana 100 watt models share a common preamp PC board) with switchable  / variable gain send / return FX Loop

The Katana 50 is completely different amp compared to the 100 watt models , uses different PC boards unique to the Katana 50 watt model  -  only chance for adding a FX loop would be to locate the analog domain signal feeding the power amp, and install an insert FX loop there - but good luck locating that  analog domain signal feeding the Katana 50 watt power amp

Used Katana 100-112 combos often go for $275 ( i got one for $250 last November)
Quotei'm blond with electricity/engineering...
My advice,  Sell the 50 watt and buy a used Katana 100-112

Meesha

Quote from: Elantric on June 01, 2017, 11:31:47 AM
Used Katana 100-112 combos often go for $275
not in Moscow.. and i'm out of budget for the swap... that's why i started that topic (

abeetude

I found this on the VOX AD30VT.

With a quick search on the net it seems there has been some attempts with various amps with good success.

Perhaps someone with some electronic savvy can assist by doing the same sort of thing for the K50?  ;D