5 Muse sounds using GK-3 [Original Vid]

Started by rocks_are_stupid, May 17, 2017, 07:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocks_are_stupid

Hi all, to continue from my post a month ago announcing my YouTube channel specifically for "Synth Guitar" stuff - here is my most recent video.

5 iconic sounds from the band 'Muse' using GK-3 pickup

Let me know if you have any tips or requests for my next video

Thanks!,

--

Watch as I go through 5 iconic riffs and sounds from the Muse albums: Origin of Symmetry, Absolution, Black holes & Revelations, all played on synth guitar.

In this video I re-create the sounds and playing style of Matt Bellamy on various Muse songs and Muse live recordings by using customised patches and effects only possible when having a synth guitar pickup installed into an electric guitar.

The guitar uses a Roland GK divided pickup which turns the vibrations from the 6 guitar strings into 6 analog audio signals signal for the Roland GK Processing Pedal. The pedal uses Modeling technology to construct various guitar sounds, alternate tunings, amplifiers, effects, ect. This is all based on the actual string sound coming from the guitar, so this is NOT conversion to MIDI which is known to have latency delays and mis-triggering of notes.

This video is a demo of the synth guitar setup in recreating sounds from Matt Bellamy and Chris Wolstenholme from Muse, I am currently working on tutorials on how to create the sounds through the synth guitar.

Songs in order:
Time is Running out - (Bass guitar fuzz tone)
Map of the Problematique  (Guitar Sequencer effect)
Fury (whammy pedal controlled by vKnob)
Matt Bellamy's built in Kaoss Pad LFO effect
Plug in Baby (Fuzz factory effect)

If you have a request for re-creating the tone or sound of a song or artist that you like, please post suggestions in the comment section.
Original Music/Videos using only the Vguitar
-
www.YouTube.com/YourNewEmpire
www.Instagram.com/Your_New_Empire
www.Facebook.com/YourNewEmpire

admin

Quoteguitar uses a Roland GK divided pickup which turns the vibrations from the 6 guitar strings into 6 analog audio signals signal for the Roland GK Processing Pedal.

Can we assume you are using a Boss GP-10?

rocks_are_stupid

Yep, that's the one. You've reminded me I should cover every detail in the description. Thanks
-

roachone

Wow. Great sounds and great playing also.

roachone

Have you posted your patches here? Man, I would love to have them.

JoBoss

Brak(E)man

Since my son used to listen to Muse I remember the songs (unfortunately :) and you're close.
Good work
But I wouldn't call it synth guitar.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

rocks_are_stupid

Quote from: roachone on July 11, 2017, 07:25:11 PM
Have you posted your patches here? Man, I would love to have them.

Shouldn't be a problem, just as soon as I gather all the patches together (unfortunately, I'm not too great at keeping my patches in order on the GP-10)  ;D
-

slyisdead

Hey ! Very interested by testing the patches too ! Thanx !

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

roachone