A Supamazzive "Hey!" from the Dirty Dez of California!

Started by Supamazzive, May 06, 2017, 02:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supamazzive

Hey there, Everybody!

Here's wishing you a happy Saturday (or Sunday for folks around the world)!  I hope you are all in good health and high spirits.

Long-time lurker....  Short-time member...  First-time poster.  Thank you ALL for the fantastic information and advice that you've shared on this board.  I was completely overwhelmed until I found my way here via YTube.

To introduce myself...  They call me Cojo...  Cory Jordanskowitzenbergersen...  I prefer Cojo. lol  :)  I'm consider myself 'Of The Geez' as I'm late-middle aged, retired, disabled...  Long time married with kids in college.  Retired from luthiery...  Life-long music geek...  Been playin' guitar for much longer than my abilities would indicate...  I enjoy most styles/genres of music although most of what I create seems to come out as one form of heavy 'rock' or another.  Groove based with loud, overdriven guitars, thundering bass and noise with the occasional foray into classical guitar and atmospheric ambient textures.  The only stuff I have online is really old...  I live in the desert of Southern California (Think... Desert/Stoner Rock...  Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, Fatso Jetson, Masters of Reality, Desert Sessions, Eagles of Death Metal)

Soundcloud - Tomorrows, Release Her and potentianl riff ideas I shared with a friend years ago.
https://soundcloud.com/cojoguitar

Soundclick
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=187104

I have wanted a Roland guitar synth since I saw Reeves Gabrels and his VG-8 back in the 90s.  I was blown away by the flexibility!

Main Rig...

GK-3 Equipped JTV59/RG 560 -> POD HD500X -->Laptop #1 -> |
                               |                         V         Mesa 2020/EVH212 x 2
                               |                         --------> And/Or
                               |                         ^         Powered FRFR Cabs
                            GR-55 --------->Laptop #2 -> |

Next Purchase...  Roland SY-300!

sixeight

Welcome to vguitarforums as a member now. It is a great place to find all sorts of useful information.

I see you have two laptops in your rig. What software are you running on those? Is this a home rig, or do you use it live as well?

Supamazzive

Hey there, sixeight!

Happy Monday!  I hope you're well.  :)

Thank you, Kind Sir, for the warm welcome.  It's much appreciated and I'm quite glad to be here. :)

Quote from: sixeight on May 07, 2017, 04:21:04 AMIs this a home rig, or do you use it live as well?

These days, I'm havin' a difficult time standing and/or walking efficiently so there's nothing going on that involves an audience larger than my family.  Well...  And the neighbors when it gets loud.  :) It's a home rig, through and through.  I run it with the Mesa/CAE/EVH stuff most weekends and work on mic'ing/recording techniques.  Most of the time, however, the gear is tucked in the corner of the living room running through a pair of small Mackie monitors or a pair of monitor headphones.

Quote from: sixeight on May 07, 2017, 04:21:04 AMI see you have two laptops in your rig. What software are you running on those?

The Laptops?  Ah, yes.  What lovely little machines, aren't they?  These laptops are IBM machines circa 2010 running with
Core i5 M560 2.66 GHz cpus and 8 GBs of RAM and Win 7 x64.  They are loaded exactly alike in case one dies. However...  As it stands, I have everything running in Cantabile.  Both machines have IR loaders and IRs of various types (guitar cabs, 'verbs, or outdoor IRs) running at all times. 

For normal guitar related stuff I use S-Gear, Amplitube 4, Thermionik, Revalver 4, and Guitar Rig 5.  In the way of synthesis, I'm using Native Instruments Komplete 9 Ultimate stuff, Omnisphere, and Trilian.

I've never had a shortage of presets, inspiration, or fun but I'm currently under the gun.  My wife and kids have made it clear that they have grown weary of my recent musical activity...  Unlistenable.  They have challenged me to make some music that they would be proud to share with their friends. [Ut-oh!]  :)