PRIMOVA - GKFX-1 - Enhanced Subsonic Filter with "everything"

Started by CodeSmart, February 19, 2017, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeSmart

The new GKFX-1 replaces the old GKFX-12.
The filter improves tracking and reduces low frequency noise on guitars with Piezo pickups.
There's no significant effect on GK pickups.

FILTER SWITCH
- Allows you to completely bypass the six subsonic filters.

INPUT JACK:
- Allow you to connect a regular bass/guitar/mandolin etc. to the synt. The sound from the buffered 1/4" INPUT jack can be mixed with the sound of the 13-pin Cable (pin7) using the volume knobs.

SEND and RETURN JACK:
- The device has buffered SEND and RETURN jacks allowing you to insert a pre-synth sound effects loop.
- The SEND jack can also be used to feed the regular pickup signal to some other device.

S1/S2 JACK:
- Connect a dual footswitch to operate the S1/S2 signals in case you are using an instrument without built-in S2/S2 switches.

Size 60 x 115 mm.
Powered by synth (current draw abt. 25 mA)
1 meter (3ft) gold plated GK cable included.
Price abt $150 USD incl. shipping and fees. To order contact me here: sound@primova.se

Read the manual: http://www.primovasound.com/pdf/GKFX1_Manual.pdf

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

CodeSmart

Vaultnaemsae

Got mine a few days back. Thanks again, Robert. Unfortunately my Roland gear is on a slow boat from Korea so I can't test it out until April!!! :(
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

JiveTurkey

Got mine incoming as well as a shiny, brand new 13 pin cable  :D Can't wait!

newringo

I'm interested in this for my Godin ACS SA Nylon with the GR55.  Are there any reviews for this unit? As text or youtube?

JiveTurkey

Got mine today. AWESOME build. Excellent attention to detail and very solid. Works perfectly. 13 pin patch cable and 13 pin cable for my guitar were robust as h#ll! Thanks a million Robert. I will be ordering another cable (or two) from you down the road \m/

CodeSmart

What I can say is some people think this box will fix everything for them regarding tracking. This is not the case. And it cannot brew coffee ;)

1. You NEED to setup you GR-55 parameters properly.
2. If you have a GK pickup, no cure. GK is six small humbuckers. If it's not good see 1.
3. If you have Godin newer than 2011/2012 with in-built filter, a secondary filter makes not much difference worth it. My xtSA tracks good as it is after doing 1.
4. If you have a Piezo hex pickup without in-built filter, this filter really helps.

5. Some people don't care so much about the filter but enjoys the possibility to connect a regular instrument into GR-55, the pin7 effect chain possibility and the S1/S2 foot operation possibility using external FS foot switch.
/Robert

CodeSmart

New batch soon ready for assembly. Just have to evaluate a new two-component water based epoxy clear coat.
The two-component car paint previously used contain a solvent that is incompatible with the underlaying gel print.
This has previously been a major problem to me as the painting process has been very tedious, error prone and costly.
I really hope this new paint works well.

gumbo

Sounds good..
...you may even be able to use it on your own fingernails!!   ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Vaultnaemsae

Just curious, has anybody tried the GKFX-1 with an ATG-200? Does it work?
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

raviresck

Hello! Are those still available? I send a mail 2 days ago and got no answer...

CodeSmart

Quote from: raviresck on March 31, 2018, 09:07:06 AM
Hello! Are those still available? I send a mail 2 days ago and got no answer...
Yes they are available. I'll answer you soon as I can. It's a holiday called Easter over here.

hot_rodd

Hi,

i have a GR55 and a Brian Moore i81.13. I would like to order a GKFX-1 and a additional 5m Cable.

Would you please send me your Paypaladress?

I yesterday sent you an email so you can answer me over it.

Thanks and Greetings!

Markus

Dany_Lane

Hello guys,

just have got my Gfx-1 from Robert,
but I have a one question:

What about COSM processing for regular instruments using 7-pin?
On the Primova Sound there is an info about that, but when I plug my instrument via INPUT jack nothing happens ,
my GR-55 allows sound only from NORMAL pickup, without COSM modeling

vtgearhead

Not all the Roland presets have the mag input active.  Please recheck your settings? 

Dany_Lane

Yes, I know that
I use preset with NORMAL pickup and have access only to Reverb, Deley and other pedal suff...
Bu I want to get access to GR-300 sound via COSM

mmmmgtr

COSM instrument modeling is only accessible through the hex input (13 pin). This goes for PCM tones as well.

mooncaine

Get one of these

https://www.google.com/search?q=gk-3

and stick it onto your guitar. If your guitar's too nice to mess up with tape, get a cheap guitar and stick it on that one.

Your guitar playing world will open up. You'll take your first step into a larger world.

Dany_Lane

I'm playing electric violins ;)

One is with RMC pickup, another not

CodeSmart

Quote from: Dany_Lane on June 18, 2018, 07:33:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=p9CcHftGOBs

Really great sound Daniel  :D

I did a special filter (modded cut-off frequencies, 50,75,100,150,220,220 Hz) for a guy called Michael (he's here on the forum I think) playing 6-string violin with 13-pin interface. If you wish I can message you his e-mail in case you two "brothers in arms" want to talk hex pickup violin. Just let me know.

Note sure what kind of violin he's using, but have you checked out cantinielectricviolins.com ?

Dany_Lane

Thanks Robert!
Yes, I know Carlo Cantini, we have communicate via Facebook usually.
He uses self-invented system with magnetic pickup, so his violins doesn't need your FX-1 pedal.
I play a Fourness (former Zeta Violins) 5-string violin, and as Evan Fourness said he uses some kind of RMC upgraded piezo pickups for that.

and yes, please message Michael about me, I want to know evrything about 6-string violin with 13-pin, because I have 6-string Wood Violins Viper violin with frets, and I want to turn it somehow to 13-pin

gumbo

...and a Synth-Linx Jack will be soooo much easier to fit to a violin than the Roland one...     ;D ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

beatpete

How does this work? Can you plug a normal electric guitar 1/4" in and get the full 13 pin out?