Boss RC 300

Started by jlo1977, February 01, 2017, 03:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlo1977

Can this machine loop all three scenarios:
-guitar
-vocals
-Guitar & Vocals
But most importantly can it change between the three options with a touch of a button on the fly in the middle of a song?

I don't see any options for this... also I don't see a way to have instrument and voice on a separate output.  (in order to control EQ via mixer).

If someone could answer this for me it would save me a lot of frustration and troubleshooting!
Also curious if it's possibly to connect two loop pedals together where they can "speak" to each other and stay in sync.
THANKS!

aliensporebomb

I'd say Yes!

Watch Per Haar's video:

There are multiple inputs for an XLR in for mic plus multiple inputs (stereo ins, aux in).  In the video he details how everything is connected and he uses it to do full sets in bars.  He even layers his voice for backing vocals. 

He uses GR-55 to do bass, rhythm guitar, keyboards, lead guitar etc.

As far as synching loop pedals together, I understand it can do this but it is on my "to be tested" list. 

I want to see if it can link up with my other midi equipped looper but I've heard of users hooking two of these together (big pedalboard on stage!).  More later.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Hurricane

Quote from: aliensporebomb on February 01, 2017, 08:06:40 PM
I'd say Yes!

Watch Per Haar's video:

There are multiple inputs for an XLR in for mic plus multiple inputs (stereo ins, aux in).  In the video he details how everything is connected and he uses it to do full sets in bars.  He even layers his voice for backing vocals. 

He uses GR-55 to do bass, rhythm guitar, keyboards, lead guitar etc.

As far as syncing loop pedals together, I understand it can do this but it is on my "to be tested" list. 

I want to see if it can link up with my other midi equipped looper but I've heard of users hooking two of these together (big pedalboard on stage!).  More later.

Nice guy Per Haar I friended him on Face Book . He's really talented . The 40 minute  bar set is very convincing on how well a RC 300 pairs up well with the GR55
to do a really great solo act with his Godin LGXT .

I've been researching loopers a while now and I keep coming back to the RC 300 as far as what I'm probably going to get .

Being I'm a GR33 with a LGX SA Godin user , the analog guitar loop in the GR33 is lacking in guitar FXs I'm looking for and reasonably price great sounding unit to finish my set up .

aliensporebomb

Hurricane: I managed to find a clean used GP-10 for $240 which still amazes me - that definitely has guitar modeling + synth that would fit your bill.

Just to give you an idea of what you can do live with an RC-300:
Here is a video me of with my VG-99 + FC-300 + RC-300 where I built up a track with different sounds:

chrish

The rc-300 also has use as a midi controler, a midi clock, metronome, drum tracks by changing the dial while it plays, and a recording usb input to a daw. I also just use it as a 3 track recorder and drop the wav. file into Audacity for editing.

Hurricane

Quote from: aliensporebomb on February 02, 2017, 05:37:49 AM
Hurricane: I managed to find a clean used GP-10 for $240 which still amazes me - that definitely has guitar modeling + synth that would fit your bill.

Just to give you an idea of what you can do live with an RC-300:
Here is a video me of with my VG-99 + FC-300 + RC-300 where I built up a track with different sounds:

Slick stuff the groove gave me a 007 movie sound track feeling - I like it .

What else were you using in your sound stream chain ?

aliensporebomb

Quote from: Hurricane on February 02, 2017, 08:54:22 AM
Slick stuff the groove gave me a 007 movie sound track feeling - I like it .

What else were you using in your sound stream chain ?

At that gig:  Soloist Guitar with GK3 -> VG-99 with FC-300 -> Strymon Big Sky [set for plate reverb setting on some pieces] -> Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai [used as auxiliary 4th loop channel] -> out to the house PA.

Mainly, the sound is VG-99 into the looper to the house though and have used that setup many times.