Started by starlessffxi, August 29, 2016, 05:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starlessffxi

Schecter Solo Custom w/ GK3
Fender Jazz Bass fed into the GR-55 via GK3 normal pickup input on the guitar
Roland VGA-7 amplifier
Roland Vdrums

aliensporebomb

This is awesome!  Not only did you pick songs that were hard to play and unlikely for anyone to cover but the GR-55 sounds you've put together are pretty much spot on to the record.  Terrific!

That was a favorite period of King Crimson and I was a little dissappointed that Fripp scuttled it in favor of the new lineup (which I like too but I liked this one a little better). 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

mbenigni

This is extremely impressive.  Thank you for sharing!

Power to Believe is an amazing album, every bit as important as the classics (Court, Lark's Tongue, etc.) IMO.

whippinpost91850

This is most impressive and you are an excellent player 8)

starlessffxi

Quote from: aliensporebomb on August 30, 2016, 05:30:53 AM
This is awesome!  Not only did you pick songs that were hard to play and unlikely for anyone to cover but the GR-55 sounds you've put together are pretty much spot on to the record.  Terrific!

That was a favorite period of King Crimson and I was a little dissappointed that Fripp scuttled it in favor of the new lineup (which I like too but I liked this one a little better).

I'm with you there, 2000's crimson will be missed.

Kevin M

Quote from: mbenigni on August 30, 2016, 07:22:32 AM
This is extremely impressive.  Thank you for sharing!

Power to Believe is an amazing album, every bit as important as the classics (Court, Lark's Tongue, etc.) IMO.

Agreed. My favorite next to Discipline.

Great cover!

billbax

Hi starlessffxi,

Congratulations!  Excellent King Crimson feel and a seriously good recording job.

Thanks,

Bill

Tek

Wow! Sounds great! Nice work Starlessffxi - Go GR-55!
It never ceases to amaze me, the sounds that this thing can create.
Even with its shortcomings, it's pretty incredible. :)

Nicolobo

Wow this is amazing. Congratulations, superb playing ! And the GR-55 what more can be said of this unit... This is the proof that excellent sounds can come out of it if one takes the time and patience to carefully program patches. Is it possible to get some insights of the sounds used in this recording?
Greetings from Argentina!!

ConstruKction

Amazing. Been trying to figure out Fripp's part on Level Five for ages. So confusing!

billbax

We need more heavy v-synth players like this, showing serious musical effort. Excellent job!

joaobraga

Congrats!  :D
Love King Crimson and what you did with gr-55

HecticArt

Very well done!
Thank you for sharing your work. It's fantastic.

I'd love to see those patches if you're willing to share them.
Your sound is killer, and I learn a lot about building patches by dissecting others.