Synth 1 vst free

Started by slooky, August 13, 2016, 05:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slooky

I downloaded this into Reaper, and really quite impressed

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1-by-ichiro-toda

25,000 presets for synth 1, watch video to see how to download and put into the Synth 1 vst

Now_And_Then

I've been using this for years; for my purposes (and I need to emphasize "my purposes") this is an outstanding piece of software. I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned on this forum already but can't find any of those posts at the moment, that moment being a result of the very poor search abilities of this forum.

shawnb

Quote from: Now_And_Then on August 30, 2016, 10:04:28 AM...being a result of the very poor search abilities of this forum.

The search is OK, when you understand how it works.   The most important lesson is that SEARCH is CONTEXT SPECIFIC.  Specifically:
   - If you are viewing a thread, it only searches that thread.
   - If you are viewing a board, it searches all threads in that board.
   - If you are out at the main menu, it will search the whole forum.

The "Search" button in the menu bar searches the whole forum & is more configurable.  I use that so I know exactly where it's going. 

Searches are caps inspecific, which is good, e.g., "FUR" = "fur". 

No such thing as aliases, so you gotta look for the exact term, e.g., it will never know to look for 'cord' when you search for 'cable'.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Now_And_Then

That's all really incredibly unintuitive. It's as if they want to make Search a hidden feature. And I never even suspected that the little magnifying glass icon was clickable. Not using "aliases" is no big deal but the rest of it is just really badly thought out and poorly designed.

Elantric

Other exciting forum functions explained here

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=23.0

Elantric