Firehawk 1500

Started by Elantric, January 21, 2016, 01:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Line-6 Firehawk 1500 watt Stereo Amp

With 5pin MIDI I/O for remote control - system integration! 

Owners Manual
http://line6.com/data/6/0a0643394ec856b12f66afda1/application/pdf/Firehawk%201500%20Pilots%20Guide%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

http://line6.com/firehawk/firehawk-1500?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=SocialOrg&utm_content=FH1500&utm_campaign=hf

AMAZING TONE. PURE POWER. TOTAL VERSATILITY.
Play any stage. At any volume.
There's a reason why guitarists love combo amps—they're punchy, portable and easy to use. But more often than not they also sound inconsistent at different volume levels. Firehawk 1500 solves that problem, featuring plenty of power and a unique full-range speaker configuration that delivers consistent tone at any volume. It's a next-generation stage amp for guitarists who want great live tone—on any stage, and at any volume.

THE ULTIMATE STAGE AMP
Built for gigging guitarists.
We built Firehawk 1500 with total flexibility to meet the needs of performing guitarists. 1500 watts of pure power delivers enough volume to be heard on the loudest stages, while providing enough control so you can use your highest gain sounds on the quietest stages. Firehawk sounds amazing with both acoustic and electric guitars—so there's no need for a separate acoustic amp. A full collection of ins and outs gives you all the connections you need. Use it as a stage monitor, in place of an ISO cab, or as a full-range amplification system for your pedal board or multi-effect.

LIMITLESS TONES
A massive arsenal of HD amps, cabs, and effects.
Firehawk 1500 comes loaded with DSP, so you can create elaborate signal chains and custom presets. Delve into the largest collection of premium HD amp modeling, HD effects modeling and HD cab modeling in the Line 6 family. Choose from over 200 world-class guitar amp models and effects—including 50 HD models, classic POD and XT models, and more. And if that's not enough, you can access 128 onboard presets designed by artists and Line 6 pros, or unlimited tones in the cloud via the Firehawk Remote app editor. So go ahead—create something truly original that'll blow your audience away.

6-SPEAKER STEREO AMPLIFICATION
Accurate tone at any volume.
Featuring a full-range, flat-response 6-speaker amplification system, Firehawk 1500 delivers accurate tone reproduction in true stereo, mono or wet/dry/wet at any volume. The unique speaker configuration in Firehawk 1500 allows for a variety of mono or stereo setups – so you'll hear your modeled tones and effects with crystal clarity. Plus, the speakers project a wide coverage angle—far greater than a typical combo amp—so everyone in the venue will hear the same tone you sculpted to perfection.

FIREHAWK REMOTE APP EDITOR
Get the right sound faster than ever.
The Firehawk Remote iOS app and Android™ app provides a streamlined and modern graphic user interface that lets you control every aspect of your tone, craft elaborate signal chains, fine-tune hundreds of effects parameters, and more—all from your phone or tablet. Access a massive tone cloud and get the sounds you need in an instant. With Line 6 tone matching, you can match the guitar tone of any song in your music library—it's like have your own personal tone librarian. And did we mention it's Bluetooth® enabled? Connect and stream your favorite songs at high volume.

ROCK-SOLID BUILD QUALITY
Finally, an amp that won't let you down.
After a long gig, you want to throw your gear in the van and hit the road. Amplifiers get stacked, rattled, and knocked around—not great for a fragile tube amp. We built Firehawk 1500 with a solid wood enclosure and a tough metal grill, so it'll always be ready for your next gig. After all, it's a guitar amp—not a museum piece

BUY NOW:
http://goo.gl/tXod6c

Featuring award-winning tone, advanced editing control, and unmatched volume flexibility on stage, Firehawk 1500 is a 1500W/132dB SPL 6-speaker stage amp for guitarists who want to perform with great live sound, at any volume. Get true stereo sound—wet/dry/wet—and perfect tone replication from the 6-speaker amplification system. Dial in amazing tone with the largest collection of HD/XT amps, cabs, and effects in the Line 6 family. Quickly manage your patches and presets with a streamlined and modern graphic editing workflow using the Firehawk Remote app, or onboard editing using Live Edit. Plus, a wide range of IO makes it easy to perform with acoustic guitars, traditional pedal boards, multi-effects, and more.

$999
http://www.samash.com/new-from-namm-2016/phantom/new-from-namm-2016/firehawk-1500-1500w-stage-combo-guitar-amplifier-lfhwk1500-p

Elantric

Matching Foot pedal for above
Line-6 FBV 3 Foot Controller

Next-generation foot controller for Line 6 amps.
TOTAL CONTROL—ACROSS THE BOARD
Unleash your complete sonic arsenal.
FBV™ 3 is a next-generation foot controller that gives you total hands-free control of Line 6 amps and effects. Save and recall your favorite presets and much more. It's the ultimate tool for performing guitarists. After all, you should focus on your performance—without being tied to the knobs on your amp.
BUILT FOR THE STAGE
Focus on your performance—not your gear.
When you're performing, the last thing you want to worry about is your gear breaking down. With steel hardware and rugged metal casing, FBV 3 is built to withstand even the toughest gigs—night after night. A single cable supplies both power and communication to your amp, keeping your setup clean and simple. The illuminated and backlit LCD display is big, bright, and easy to read—so you can see the active preset name, number, and the chromatic tuner at a glance.
INNOVATION IN EVERY STEP
We thought of everything—literally.
FBV 3 isn't your average foot controller. Thirteen steel footswitches—five with assignable color LEDs—help you easily keep track of active amps and effects. Dedicated footswitches for bank up/down make it fast and easy to scroll through your presets. A built-in expression pedal with a wah/volume toe switch gives you even more control of sweeping effects. A dedicated tap tempo footswitch enables you to quickly synchronize time-based effects like delay and echo. And a chromatic tuner keeps every note sounding great.

Compatible Products
Firehawk™ 1500
POD® HD Pro
POD HD Pro X
POD HD
AMPLIFi® 150
AMPLIFi 75
AMPLIFi TT
Spider® IV 15, 30, 75, 120, 150
Spider Valve
Spider III (except Spider III 15 & 30)
Spider II 112, 210, 212 & HD
POD 2.0 (FBV version)
POD xt
POD xt Pro
POD X3
POD X3 Pro
Bass POD xt
Bass POD xt Pro
Vetta
Vetta II
HD147
LowDown® (except Lowdown 110)

Elantric

Insert any VGuitarforums gear into the stereo input jack on the left side of the rear panel

750 watts per side Stereo amp

others agree
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-firehawl-amp-from-line-6-the-firehawk-1500.1663628/page-2

Firehawk 1500  3 Speaker Modes

Wall
Intended for situations where the amp is close to a wall or in corner. The low end is cut to account for the increased low end response caused by the walls.

Floor
Intended for situations where the amp is used on the floor with the kick stand. The low end is cut (less) to account for the floor coupling.

Free Field
Intended for situations where the amp is used on stand, a case- not close to a floor or walls. The low end is not cut.

Elantric

Join Paul Hindmarsh as he takes you through the new Firehawk 1500, which is a 1500 watt stage amp with enough power to handle any gig and any volume requirements - loud or quiet - and the ability to be used with both electric and acoustic instruments.

Elantric

The best thing line-6 has done in 6 years IMHO is the Firehawk 1500 Amp -
Owners Manual
http://line6.com/data/6/0a0643394ec856b12f66afda1/application/pdf/Firehawk%201500%20Pilots%20Guide%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

I'll be testing the Line-6 Firehawk 1500 Stereo Amp next  week (Feb,16, 2016) as a Stereo Monitor for Kemper / Axe-FXII / GP-10 / VG-99 / GR-55

and I'll compare the built in DSP Amp modelling with the stand alone Firehawk FX. Rumor is they use a faster DSP in the Firehawk 1500 Stereo Amp ( for DSP X-Over / Speaker management) and this might help lower the patch to patch change latency time.

Elantric

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/firehawk-1500/firehawk-1500-faq-r794
Firehawk 1500 FAQ
Feb 01 2016 10:15 AM | line6will in Firehawk 1500

Full List and Descriptions of FIREHAWK 1500 Amps, Cabs, and Effects

FIREHAWK 1500 Specs
· 29 HD Amp Models
· 25 HD Effects Models
· 78 POD Farm Amp Models
· 95 POD Farm Effects Models
· 8 simultaneous effects
· 128 Onboard Presets
· 5 FX on/off, channel and bank footswitches with colored LED rings
· 1/4" 1M-Ohm guitar input, VDI (Variax), Expression Pedal
· Onboard tone controls, plus Volume, Wah, and FX Knob
· USB connection to use Firehawk 1500 as an audio interface with your recording programs
· Balanced XLR Main Outs, 1/4" stereo full-range balanced outputs, 1/4" Amp Out, 1/4" TRS Headphone Output
· 1/4" Send, with Stereo 1/4" Returns, switchable. 1/4" XLR combo monitor ins
· Bluetooth Audio Streaming and Control for playing along with your music library (compatible with iOS, Android, Mac and PC)
· Detailed editing via Bluetooth® Remote app for Android and iOS
· Tone Searching
· Tap tempo/tuner
· Power Switch
· Weight: 63 lbs
· Dimensions: H: 20" W: 26" D: 11.5"

FIREHAWK 1500 Remote app Specs
· Remotely control amp parameters to dial in your sound
· Search a cloud-based library of thousands of tones
· Create, save and recall unlimited presets in the cloud
· Share tones via Twitter and Facebook
· Automatic tone matching instantly provides the perfect tones for jamming with songs in your music library
· Compatible with iOS 8.0+. Made for iPhone® 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad® (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch® (5th generation)
· Compatible Android devices running OS v4.2 or better: Samsung® Galaxy S®5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy Note® Pro, Samsung Galaxy Note II, HTC® One M8, HTC One M7, Motorola® Moto® X, Google® Nexus® 7, Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, ASUS® MeMo Pad 8, ASUS Fonepad, ASUS PadFone, LG® G2, LG Optimus, LG F7, LG Nexus 4. Generally speaking, although not qualified, any Android phone, tablet or phablet will work, provided it is able to run the required Android OS version.

Q: What type of devices can FIREHAWK 1500 stream Bluetooth audio from?
A: Firehawk FX can stream Bluetooth audio from any Android™ device, iOS device, and Mac® or PC equipped with Bluetooth.

Q: How do I pair my Bluetooth device with FIREHAWK 1500?
A: To pair the Firehawk FX with your Bluetooth device:
· Enable Bluetooth on the device you would like to stream audio from.
· Put the FIREHAWK FX into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button located to the left of the FIREHAWK FX logo- it will begin to flash to indicate it is in 'Pairing Mode'.
· Within the Bluetooth options of your device an entry for 'FIREHAWK FX' will appear.
· Select the 'FIREHAWK FX' entry and pair with it - the Bluetooth LED will stop flashing and become solidly lit blue.

Q: How do I update the FIREHAWK 1500's firmware?
A: We always recommend that you run the latest firmware on your FIREHAWK 1500. Your FIREHAWK 1500 Remote application will inform you whenever a firmware update is available, so you'll always know you have the latest version!

Q: What Bluetooth version is used in FIREHAWK 1500? What Bluetooth codecs are supported?
A: We use a Bluetooth solution that supports Bluetooth 2.1. We only support the SBC codec at this time.

Q: How can I reset the FIREHAWK 1500 to its default settings?
A: To perform a factory reset and restore the FIREHAWK FX to factory settings, press and hold the Master Volume knob and the Navigation Encoder (the scroll wheel) as you power up the unit. Unfortunately, any patches not backed up to My Tones prior to the reset will be lost

Q: What can I do if I am experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues between my Bluetooth device and the FIREHAWK 1500?
A: For troubleshooting steps about Bluetooth connectivity and usage, check out our Bluetooth Connectivity FAQ HERE.
http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/ampl/amplifibluetoothconnectivity#en
Q: What should I do If I am experiencing connection issues with the FIREHAWK 1500 Remote app when I switch back and forth between apps on my iOS device?
A: An important thing to note about the FIREHAWK Remote app functionality is that in addition to the iOS Bluetooth connection between your FIREHAWK and your iOS device, there is a secondary 'sync' connection between the amp and the app. Each time you minimize/close the app, the connection between the FIREHAWK Remote app and the FIREHAWK will need to be re-established, even if your iOS device is reporting that the FIREHAWK is connected via 'Bluetooth'. In this case, re-opening the FIREHAWK Remote app will automatically re-establish the connection within a few seconds.

Make sure to look at the main menu of the FIREHAWK Remote app and wait for it to indicate that your FIREHAWK is 'connected' before moving forward using the app. If it does not automatically re-connect, close the FIREHAWK Remote app by double-tapping your iOS home key, then sliding the FIREHAWK Remote app window up and off the screen. Relaunch the FIREHAWK Remote app and it should re-sync itself with the FIREHAWK . Android devices usually have a function that lists all open programs where you can slide the app left or right to close it. Relaunch the FIREHAWK Remote app and it should re-sync itself with the hardware.

Q: Can the FIREHAWK Remote App stream songs that are stored in the cloud and not on my mobile device?
A: No. The FIREHAWK Remote App can only play back songs that are stored on your mobile device. Within the FIREHAWK Remote App settings, you can enable 'Hide Songs Not On Device' so that you only see songs that are stored on your mobile device when playing music from your Library. The Android app does not have this setting, but still only plays back songs stored on the device.

Q: How can I search for a specific tone if I don't have the song or artist in my Library?
A: To search for a specific tone, go to your Library within FIREHAWK Remote and pick any artist, then one of their albums, and then any song. This will begin to play the song and present you with a list of tones that match the song that is playing. You can then swipe down from the top of the tone list to unveil a 'Search Tone Cloud' field where you can search for an artist or song name to find tones without having the song or artist in your library.

Q: Can I use the FIREHAWK Remote app to load or edit tone files from my other existing Line 6 products?
A: The FIREHAWK Remote app is only compatible with tone files created with the AMPLIFi family of products.

Q: Can I use the FIREHAWK Remote app with a Line 6 Mobile In or Sonic Port?
A: No. The FIREHAWK Remote app is only compatible with the FIREHAWK FX pedal board.

Q: What is the USB input on the back panel of FIREHAWK 1500 for?
A: It's used to update the unit with a Windows computer, and to record to your DAW.

Q: Where can I register my FIREHAWK 1500?
A: After logging into or creating a Line 6 user account HERE, you can go HERE and enter in your serial number that is found on the back of your FIREHAWK 1500, it begins with '(21)PTM', simply fill in the remaining digits.
http://line6.com/account/registergear/
Q: Where can I provide my feedback or make a suggestion about FIREHAWK 1500?
A: We encourage you to visit our IdeaScale portal HERE and let us know about your ideas and suggestions.
http://line6.ideascale.com/
Q: Is there a forum where I can discuss FIREHAWK 1500 with other FIREHAWK 1500 users?
A: We have a forum dedicated specifically to Firehawk 1500 available HERE.
http://line6.com/support/forum/75-firehawk/

Q: Where can I find information on the warranty that is included with the FIREHAWK 1500?
A: You can find all of the available information on the Firehawk 1500's warranty HERE.
http://line6.com/warranty/
Q: What do I if my FIREHAWK 1500 is in need of repair?
A: You can find all of the available information on how to arrange a repair HERE.
http://line6.com/service/

-

There's lots of ins and outs and what-have-yous with the Firehawk line. And this is not just, like, my opinion, man

First let's look at what's the same on both units.

USB port for updating firmware and use as an I/O interface.
Variax input for any Line 6 Variax guitars
1/4" Stereo headphones (This will cut the speaker off on the 1500)
1/4" Stereo out
XLR Stereo out
1/4" Stereo FX Send and Return
Bluetooth Wireless for use with the Firehawk Remote app and any other Bluetooth streaming device

Firehawk FX unique:
9VDC input for use with the DC3g power supply
1/4" jack for use with a outboard expression pedal (compatible with Line 6 EX1 and Mission Engineering EP1-L6)

Firehawk 1500 unique:
IEC power cable jack
FBV cable jack for use with FBV 3 or FBV MKII
MIDI in and out/thru Check out the Midi implementation chart in the manual for details
XLR+1/4" Stereo Combo jacks with Gain Adjustment Knob. This is to be used with any source that you want the 1500 to be a FRFR stereo monitor. Like a Pod, Helix, or even an iPhone to play music.

---
Different Firehawk volume controls
Feb 01 2016 01:28 PM | line6will in Firehawk 1500

The overall volume is the Master Volume control. This is controlled by the "big knob" when the LEDs are red (the default state). All of the other volumes happen before this one and it's ultimately how you control the output level while keeping everything relatively balanced by using all of the other controls. This is a global control.
The Guitar Volume happens just before the master and is how you balance the guitar level against the Bluetooth streaming audio that is coming into the unit. This is also a global control and is accessed by pressing the big knob until the LEDs are white.
The Channel Volume is like a Master for just the amp, and it is stored with the patch. It adjusts the output level without affecting the tone (like the "Gain" control on the amps would). This is the control you use to level your presets relative to each other. The slightly quirky thing here is that it does live in the amp processing slot, so it happens in the signal chain before the post effects. In v1.1 firmware and later, pressing the big knob until the LEDs are pink acts as a short cut to accessing this control without the app.
The Gain on the amp panel is the per-patch parameter that affects the tone of the amp – also referred to as "Drive."
The Volume Pedal is an additional real-time control whose value is not saved with the patch. You can see in the app where it lives in the signal path.
The Master control on HD amps is considered a "deep edit parameter" (like sag, hum, etc.) that is saved with the patch and is exclusive to HD amps. It's the output level of the preamp to the power amp. When you load one of these models, the stored value is "right" for that amp in the default state and it's usually best to leave it where it is unless you are going for a very specific effect.

Firehawk 1500 Manual is here and on last page there is a list of MIDI CC# assignments 

Elantric

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-firehawk-amp-from-line-6-the-firehawk-1500.1663628/page-10#post-21456309
Each of the 5.5" coaxial drivers includes two drivers - one that's 5.5" to cover the midbass frequencies, and another smaller one (probably around 1") in the center of the speaker that covers the high frequencies. There are a total of 6 speakers.

It is a center system consisting of the 12" and the 1" compression driver crossed over at 2kHz and a stereo system consisting of the 12" and the 5.5" coaxes crossed over at 400Hz.
The crossovers, time and phase alignment is done in the Sharc. We have done extensive measurements to get a completely phase and time coherent system in all situations so the user just needs to understand that there is a center system and a stereo system. In a studio monitor or in a monitor wedge you wouldn't concern yourself with the crossover points, group delays, time alignment etc.- same here.

Elantric

Elantric

I had a Firehawk 1500 for a few days, (and loved it)  but there were flaws in the cab - which IMHO were a result of voids in the MDF cab 

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-firehawk-amp-from-line-6-the-firehawk-1500.1663628/page-11

Line-6 heard about it and gave me an RMA and my replacement will be here next week.

I plan on installing metal corners
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?

and two more handles on the top ends
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141771236774?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Which should result  like this: rather like an AC-30  and  to make Firehawk 1500 easier to carry in  /  out of the car

and order a custom Tuki padded cover with three handle access
http://www.tukicovers.com/amp-speaker-covers-bags/vox/vox-ac30-custom-classic-2x12-combo-amp-padded-cover/

and use a mini dolly ( the amp is over 70 pounds )
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spider-Movers-Dolly-330-Lb-Capacity-/311164008384

Just heard my replacement Firehawk 1500 should be here next week, and I'll have more time and post my thoughts  on its use with VG-99  / GR-55 / GP-10 / Kemper

whippinpost91850

Very interesting, but just 2 damn heavy for me to slug around

vtgearhead

Maybe they'll introduce a Firehawk 750 at some point.  I don't need stereo and my days of schlepping 60 lb. amplifiers are behind me.

Elantric

http://line6.com/support/topic/18396-firehawk-1500-reviews/?p=140657
If you realize that you need to adjust the sound so that another Powered speaker connected to the XLR out sounds as close as possible it depends, of course, on the speaker the XLR signal will go through.

The easiest way to adjust low end of the speaker system without affecting the XLR outs is to change the speaker mode either in the app or on the amp itself. We have three speaker modes:

Wall
Intended for situations where the amp is close to a wall or in corner. The low end is cut to account for the increased low end response caused by the walls.

Floor
Intended for situations where the amp is used on the floor with the kick stand. The low end is cut (less) to account for the floor coupling.

Free Field
Intended for situations where the amp is used on stand, a case- not close to a floor or walls. The low end is not cut.

In the app the output tab has a setting for that:

On the amp, enter Live Edit mode by pressing the small encoder knob, turn the small knob until the display shows "SPKR", press the small knob again, turn the big knob (volume knob) to select the speaker mode. Press the "TAP" button to get out of Live Edit mode.

For more fine adjustments independently from the XLR outs use the global eq. This one accessed from the app- the last element in the signal chain.

Elantric

admin

Elantric

Elantric

Firehawk 1500 Flash Memory 1.02 is a free update that includes new fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations.

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE INSTALLING ANY NEW SOFTWARE!

1. Shut down all Line 6 software as well as any software that streams audio, including, but not limited to: iTunes, Spotify, DAWs, etc.

2. Back up any presets using the Firehawk Remote App before performing the update.

New Features
Monitor Input to Main Out can now be toggled via Live Edit Mode.

In the previous update, the routing of Monitor Inputs to the XLR Main Out was disabled, to avoid a feedback loop for the most common use case. However, for some users this may be beneficial.

To enable/disable Monitors to Direct Outs:

1. Press the preset knob to enter Live Edit Mode.

2. Scroll left to "Etc:ReAmp/MIDI/Main" and press the preset knob.

4. Scroll right to "ETC:Mon. to Main Off"

5. turn the Main (Big) Knob to set it to "ETC:Mon. to Main ON"

Bug Fixes
Various bug fixes and improvements.

yogi

Got a Gr55 and firehawk 1500. What is the best connection setup. Having some joy with output on GR55 set to lone for Keyboard amp plugging into combi monitor in. Anybody got better ideas?

Elantric

* Install latest firmware in Firehawk 1500 Firmware 1.02
http://line6.com/software/

* Download latest Firehawk 1500 Owners Manual

* Set the GR-55 Output Mode to "LINE/PHONES"

* Connect the GR-55 1/4" Stereo Outputs to the  Firehawk 1500's Stereo Monitor Inputs on rear   

consult the Line-6  Firehawk 1500 Forum for more details
http://line6.com/support/forum/88-firehawk-1500/

Elantric

Firehawk 1500 carry case

when its available,  it will show up here
http://store.line6.com/accessories/bags-covers.html

! No longer available

admin

Elantric

bcbeak

I stumbled across an ad for the FireHawk amp and was initially turned off by the Line6 logo. But when I started to read the features .. it sounded exactly like what I have been searching for in an amp that can do justice for the great sounds of the GR55 in a stereo amp package. I also play multiple instruments .. fiddle, banjo and pedal steel ... in addition to the GR55 ... so I have been wishing for an amp that can handle all 3. 

After a few weeks of gigs .. I am thrilled with the performance. The Stereo FRFR WDW setup sounds great for Guitar, Steel, Fiddle and Banjo. I am using the XLR in for the GR55 so am adding no other processing to that than what comes out of the GR55. The other instruments go through the single main input .. and I use the iPad App to switch patches for each instrument. I even have a send/return setup to change my pedal steel to sound like a Dobro. So far so good. The GR55 patches sound huge and powerful .. as does any guitar I send to the Firehawk. Lots of low end .. my band mates can finally hear me. 

Now the bad .. yes this thing is monstrous. Getting it in and out of cars and up and down stairs is going to be a challenge. On the good side .. I have cut down amps needed from 3 to 1.  I am hoping that using a case and/or dolly will make the amp more manageable.

I am interested in hearing what other GR55 users think about the Firehawk 1500. For me .. it is the best amp for the GR55 that I have found since converting 100% to the GR55 in 2013. 

Country Musician:
Pedal Steel Guitar, Fiddle, Banjo, GR55

lyndasfarn

I got the Firehawk 1500 to use with my Roland GR-55. I thought It was the best way to go...Guitar into Guitar section and Synths through the monitors.
I was planing to control the amp using midi from the GR-55 through IconnectMidi4+ to re-assign midi CC#s to match the Firehawk 1500. Unfortunately
that is not possible at this time as the midi section of the Firehawk 1500 is not functioning correctly. This means I have to use my GR-55 and the FBV shortboard together which is what I was trying to avoid. All I can do is hope Line6 can fix the problem with their midi control very soon.

Elantric

http://line6.com/software/index.html

Firehawk 1500 Flash Memory        

Version 1.30.00
Released 5/1/17

Works with:
Firehawk 1500   
Firehawk 1500 Flash Memory 1.30 is a free update that includes new fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations.

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE INSTALLING ANY NEW SOFTWARE!

1. Shut down all Line 6 software as well as any software that streams audio, including, but not limited to: iTunes, Spotify, DAWs, etc.

2. Back up any presets using the Firehawk Remote App before performing the update.

New Features
Block Bypass, Expression controllers, and Looper functions can now be triggered by incoming MIDI CCs (MIDI DIN only). Please see the following KB article for more information: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/firehawk-1500/firehawk-1500-and-midi-cc-r860
XLR output volume can now be adjusted from Live Edit Mode. This was implemented to avoid clipping the ADC prematurely. It is set to -15dB by default, to provide adequate headroom for mid to high gain tones.
To edit the XLR output volume:

1. Press the preset knob to enter Live Edit Mode.

2. Scroll left to "Etc:ReAmp/MIDI/Main" and press the preset knob.

3. Scroll right to "Etc:XLR Out"

4. Turn the Main (Big) Knob to set the value.

Bug Fixes
Various bug fixes and improvements