SY-300 - How do I download the patches?

Started by joaquin123, November 24, 2015, 02:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaquin123

Im new to this site. I wanna check out some of these downloads. But it wont let me click on the attachment icon. Thanks guys

gumtown

If you look in the posted topics in this area, you will see files with the .tsl file extension in the name.
Just 'click' on the file name to download it to your computer, then use your SY-300 tone studio software to open and load it.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

joaquin123

Cool, thanks!

Elantric

Learn how to save and load Boss  SY-300 *.tsl patches by reading the

Boss Tone Studio for SY-300 Tutorial / User Guide
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15397.0

Elantric

I suspect when we share SY-300 patches  - the author of the preset should also indicate the guitar and pickup and pickup Control settings used.

Example: Use a Les Paul with Neck PU Vol on "10" and Tone set to "0"  played with fingers 

which WILL result in a SY-300 patch that sounds radically different when the same shared SY-300 patch is used by someone with a Strat on Bridge PU using a pick / plectrum.

Rather like many of our VG-99 Rock patches that were created with a Roland GC-1 Strat will sound very different or not as good  when used by a Godin Nylon string Multiac owner

Same scenario exists when using a  FuzzFace or Big Muff Pi !

The SY-300 owners  guitar type, string type, pickups type, pickup settings and users ability to string mute and play with dynamics (fingers vs picks)   -all contribute to the different results many experience when auditioning the same SY-300 patch

admin

New SY-300 patches at Boss Tone Central
http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/category/sy-300/

BROCKSTAR

Sorry to say but none of those "new" boss presets sound good. Surely nothing "new" about them as they've all been heard for the past 4 years or so. Boss really needs to hire someone that knows what they're doing and use different music style. Hell I can make better sounds by just hitting the blender option and tweaking after that... Oh in fact I'll be releasing a BLENDER pack with 99 presets soon. Been working on it for almost 2 weeks.... but I must give them credit, at least they tried give us "new" sounds.... the only thing they've done I think since launch.

Brak(E)man

Quote from: brockdavisson on October 31, 2019, 05:03:26 AM
Sorry to say but none of those "new" boss presets sound good. Surely nothing "new" about them as they've all been heard for the past 4 years or so. Boss really needs to hire someone that knows what they're doing and use different music style. Hell I can make better sounds by just hitting the blender option and tweaking after that... Oh in fact I'll be releasing a BLENDER pack with 99 presets soon. Been working on it for almost 2 weeks.... but I must give them credit, at least they tried give us "new" sounds.... the only thing they've done I think since launch.

I agree completely Boss really needs to kick it up a number of notches
Or they'll loose the guitarsynth market however minimal it is at the moment.

There's much better patches on the forum then these packs.
Looking forward to checking your blender pack out.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

TheBluesProsecutor

Hello folks! I'm new here. I recently got an SY-300 and I don't really like the programmed patches, so I'm looking to make my own. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the possibilities though and am struggeling with the learning curve. So, I'm looking for some nice user patches to dive into. Of course, I will share any nice patches that I will eventually create. I see a lot of people shared their patches and live sets on this forum. Did someone collect them all into one folder, or do I have to go topic by topic to download them all?