SY-300 - MP3 example of patches

Started by chrish, October 21, 2015, 05:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrish

levels get loud. This patch is the 'guitar osc storm 2 patch'. It is very sensitive to picking, light picking produces a light sound and heavey picking will get loud and stormy. This mp3 was processes through an Ellotronix vst plug in which is a tape delay looper. It was designed to emulate "friptronics" type sounds. Before I read this forum, I assumed that these types of sounds where created by layering sustained synth sounds.

The second Mp3 is a patch derived from Rhcoles patch, mother ship. It's just randomness and a steve howe melody rif. The guitar is not sounded.

joaobraga

I guess one could say that after the storm comes the calm  ;)
Terrible storm and beautiful ambient

chrish

Here are some more quick and ruff mp3 examples for the patches that i posted. The names are the same as the patches, except "amp input". This patch was produced by the blender but I didn't include it in the patch sets. It is a clean amp with some type of high pitch overtone sound. One of the examples has an overdub, but both the rythum figure and the quick improv (standard power chord and a commonly used chord progression) use the same patch.

Used a godin multiac nylon and a 8 string ibanez electric through the sy300 and into Audicity on the pc and converted to mp3 by a trial NCH software converter.

I followed a link from the "gearslutz"  website to this website:  http://www.joness.com/gr300/GR-300.htm#more 

I'm guessing that there is a link to this site on this forum somewhere.