Rc300 synch setup procedure

Started by MeanMrMustard, September 20, 2015, 04:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanMrMustard

Could someone please help me understand how to synch my rc300 to my kurzweil k2500rs sequencer?

I have watched numerous videos and I feel pretty good in general knowledge about normal stand alone setups, and I understand that the rc300 must be the master. It also seems that without changing any rc300 parameters that it seems to be sending out midi clock all on its own. I am trying to synch these devices such that the rc300 will initiate playback of a sequence created on the kurzweil.

also been trying to synch my rc300 to my iPad via an Alesis I/O dock running Auria without any success.

Any help here would be extremely helpful

Thanks
Mean Mr Mustard
MeanMrMustard

www.myspace.com/addisonbrady

Threeleggedyoyo

If you hit the System button and scan around with the arrow buttons you fill find settings called MIDI Rx (Recieve) and Midi Tx (Transmit). The 300 by default has a setting called MIDI OMNI also turned on.

MIDI Omni means it's sending clock on every channel, which is why you're getting the clock without really trying. You'll also want to make sure that the Tx channel matches the one your other units is receiving on. If I recall correctly, by default MIDI Omni is on, but it will only send Start / Stop messages (which your other unit needs) on the Tx channel.

I'm doing this off the top of my head so I may be incorrect, but give that a look and I bet it will solve your problem.

I don't know how the other units you are using work, so sorry I'm not much help with that.