GT-100 - Dual Rectifier tone

Started by macman70, July 28, 2015, 03:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macman70

Here is a tone i threw together on the GT100, seems to work well for the Black Album sound. I will post the patch a bit later today for those interested, it is two modern rectifiers in a stereo chain in the GT100. I am not always a fan of a stereo chain like that but i find if you keep the recorded track dead center in the mix it works pretty good. I did two take of the riff and had them dead center in mix on this. Used an Ibanez RG1xxv bridge humbucker position.

Here is a small sound clip attached.

macman70

I am sorry guys, life got in the way of things.

Here is the patch.

roachone

That's a killer patch! Thanks very much.

Metaphasic

Nice patch. I tested this out yesterday to compare to mine. I usually run single / stereo though.

I know this thread is more than 10 days old, but I have something to mention about this patch.

I noticed you are using a no-drive OD/DS module to cause stereo imaging. But doing this means you can't use the OD/DS as a clean boost for leads. Try moving it back out in front of the two channels, then going into the channel mixer, setting the separation value from 0 to 1. Basically, it's a 1 millisecond delay, not enough to hear, but enough to create a more realistic stereo image.

Anyway, nicely done.