PRIMOVA - GKFX-21 - Enhanced Subsonic Filter with many other features

Started by CodeSmart, July 22, 2015, 03:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

QuoteWithin the same space as before, I also want to add:
A) A switch to turn the hex filter OFF. Then this pedal can be used also by bass players to route a GK bass and a regular bass/guitar/mandolin/etc. into the GR-55, or do pre-effects described in B.

B) A switch to change routing from MIX OUT so the OUT and IN jacks can form a pre-synth effect loop before the regular pickup hits the Roland device. The effect loop could potentially be a tube amp in overdrive etc. The Volume knob would make it possible to adjust the Pin7 gain to the Roland device where further modulation like delay, chorus etc. could be added, mixed with the hex signal processing. The other knob would in this mood allow mixing the raw and effect loop signals.

And add a DB25 connector for  single string break out  - for reamping / reguitaring

CodeSmart

Quote from: Elantric on November 04, 2016, 10:31:31 AM
And add a DB25 connector for  single string break out  - for reamping / reguitaring

Nop, that won't ever happen. My friend Billbax is doing stuff like that.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

whippinpost91850

CodeSmart

The new GKFX-22 will probably be a two board solution to minimize wire soldering.
If it works, it will have four jacks:
GTR IN
SEND/MIX OUT
RECEIVE
S1/S2

This will allow adding an additional 1/4 jack instrument and sending the mixed output of (GK pin7 regular pups + JACK) to the SEND JACK.
The buffered SEND jack can be connected to a pedal chain and feed back to the buffered RECIEVE jack for transport into the synth device.
The fourth jack is the S1/S2 for an external dual footswitch.

Also it will be possible to turn the subsonic hex filter OFF using a switch allowing bass players to add a regular bass along with the GK bass., and optionally add a pedal loop before the two basses hits the synth device.

It's really, really crowded in that little box...::)

CodeSmart

Redefined the new GKFX concept, I think it's the fourth iteration...

Hm...without a hammer, the problem is to fit all the red and black snot into that tiny white box ???

Hey, wait a minute, it's just a matter of folding the things together  :o

Oops, it just fits. What a luck!  8) 

Now let's get it a test run....yup the thing works great  ;D
I THINK I NAME IT GKFX-1 !!!

- Volume control for GK regular pickup signal
- Volume control for Input Jack signal
- A switch to turn the complete hex subsonic filter on/off
- A SEND jack to send the sound mix into an amp or a FX (sound effects) loop.
- A RECIEVE jack feeding the FX loop signal (from pedals) back into the GP-10/GR-55 etc.
- A S1/S2 jack if you want to control this with a FS-6/FS-7
Everything is buffered with proper impedance etc. and the it works down to fractions of a Hz if the Hex filter is turned OFF.
So even a GK Bass player can use this thing to get a regular bass into GR-55 and to build a FX-loop before any synth unit.
And if you need a filter..., well just flip the switch.

I'll make a batch first thing in 2017 when I'm back from my NZ vacation.
Estimated price around $149 USD including 1 meter gold plated GK cable and shipping/fees etc.
Waiting list: sound@primova.se

rmarton123

Quote from: CodeSmart on July 22, 2015, 03:09:56 PM

The new GKFX-21 replaces the old GKFX-11 and is ideal for your GR-55.
It improves tracking on guitars with Piezo pickups and allows you to connect a regular guitar to the synth unit. The sound from the new 1/4" input jack can be blended with the sound of the 13-pin Cable (pin7). There's also an output jack allowing you to hi-jack the mixed true guitar signal to SY-300/Amplifiers or recording Equipment before it gets polluted with digital noise. Furthermore, if your guitar doesn't have S1/S2 buttons you may connect external dual footswitches to the S1/S2 jack.

GKFX-21 Highlights:
- Powered by Synth unit. Pure analog.
- 13 GK Hex input passing through a SUBSONIC FILTER (2x50, 2x75, 2x100 Hz) to the 13-pin Hex output connector.
- 1/4" INPUT JACK. Allows you to: Connect a regular guitar to a GR-55, use the two-cable method to get better harmonics by routing regular pickups outside the 13-pin Cable, or allows you to mix Piezo signal with Magnetic pickup signal (Moog guitars etc.).
- VOLUME KNOBS: One for the guitar signal through the 13-pin Cable and one for the signal coming from the 1/4" input jack. Each signal can be amplified x2 (6dB) when knob is at maximum position.
- "MIX OUT" OUTPUT JACK. This signal is free from digital noise and can be routed to SY-300, amplifiers or recording equipment.
- S1/S2 JACK - If you guitar doesn't have S1/S2 buttons, a dual momentary foot switch may be connected here.

You may buy the board without enclosure. Price and details will be published soon.

Layout:

Prototype:

Autana

Hi,
I got a used Roland US-20, near to mint condition, I will use it for A/B/Both switching with my GR-55 and GP-10. Since I have the Primova GKFX-21 as sub-sonic filtering for my Godin xtSA, I want to know if it is possible to use it with the US-20 and in what order I should connect both. Is there any risk of electrical short/bleeding/damage when using both devices together? Could even use two GKFX-21 one for each device?  thanks for help/about.
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Elantric

Guitar with GK 13 pin out feed US-20 GK INPUT

US-20 UNIT B GK OUT into GP-10 GK INPUT

US-20 UNIT A OUT feed GKFX-21 GK In

GKFX-21 GK Out feed GR-55 GK INPUT

If you get a ground loop hum , try
Swapping US-20 UNITA & UNIT B Outputs

Autana

Thank you very much for the info. My US-20 is on the way, will try it next week. 
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

CodeSmart

In 24 days I return from the beatiful NZ. I really, really like it here :-[

At the time of my return to a frosty Scandinavia I expect delivery of boards and drilled enclosures with the latest GKFX incarnation. I'll start shipping when final paint, assembly and testing is done.

gumbo

Quote from: CodeSmart on December 29, 2016, 09:57:32 PM
In 24 days I return from the beatiful NZ. I really, really like it here :-[

At the time of my return to a frosty Scandinavia I expect delivery of boards and drilled enclosures with the latest GKFX incarnation. I'll start shipping when final paint, assembly and testing is done.

Hmmm...  I'll bit yor frind "Sux-Eat" wull be thurrully pust orf thet yor hevving so metch fenn!   ::)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

sixeight

Quote from: gumbo on December 30, 2016, 07:23:46 PM

Hmmm...  I'll bit yor frind "Sux-Eat" wull be thurrully pust orf thet yor hevving so metch fenn!   ::)

I'll cum and get ya,  if ya don't cum ba!

CodeSmart

Yis! It's griate hire. Its tin times bitter than home  ;)

gumbo

Quote from: CodeSmart on December 31, 2016, 11:39:48 AM
Yis! It's griate hire. Its tin times bitter than home  ;)

Watch out for that Vowel Infection..they say it's very contagious..

CodeSmart

Whatever English accent I learned at school is now demolished after 36 days in NZ  ;D

Heading back from sunny +25C, to Sweden -10C in a couple of days (abt. 30 hours travel time), with just a two nights stop in Christchurch left.
This country is great in so many aspects, however I haven't touched a guitar for a looong time now and I miss my friends, kids, the band, hobbies and work so it will be ok now to get back and touch base.

Talk to you soon from up North.
/Robert

Elantric

gumtown

I hope you enjoyed it, there is so much here that I just take for granted..

it was back to work yesterday for me with peeling sunburn after 3 weeks off  :P
You probably got all the cloud/rain down south, while in my corner, it's been sunny beach weather most days.  :D

Safe travels, if you are in CHCH, check out the Wizard, he usually appears in Cathedral Square at midday.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumbo

Only Thirty-sux days  :o

Glad you had fun..one day I hope to get there myself.

Best wishes for a safe trip home!

Cheers,
Peter

vtgearhead

Have a safe trip, Robert.  Your soldering iron awaits at home :-).

whippinpost91850

CodeSmart

Back again with a jet lag - A bunch of GKFX units is in production.
Should receive mounted boards upcoming week and enclosures has hopefully been milled while I was away.
Painting, printing, clear coat and assembly/testing todo.

Blueskies

Hi,

Guess I'm a little late in finding out about the GKFX 21 pedal for the Roland GR55.

The last posting was way back in 2015 and we're now in 2023, aouch!

I've been looking around for such a pedal as this to use a guitar without a GK interface with the GR55 and access the effects and patches but with no luck.

Does anyone know where to get this pedal in North America, US or Canada?

Thanks

Rick