VGuitar Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GT100- Guitar Input Level  (Read 2081 times)

Graham G

GT100- Guitar Input Level
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:35:08 AM »

Hi.I'm a bit confused about the purpose of the Guitar Input Level(on the GT100).
I read it adjusts the level -20/+20db(a big range),i thought the control would be to prevent overload of the input signal(as in a PFL on a mixer ch.)but there is no indicator(as far as i can tell).
so is it simply a way of balancing between different Guitar(pick-up levels)?
If so can the full range be used(+/-20)without overloading the input(regardless of P/U output).
Hope i'm making this clear :)
I'm really liking some of the Amp Models,i actually think i'll get this working for gig use.
Cheers,Graham.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:28:37 PM by Elantric »

gumtown

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: 195
Re: Guitar Input Level
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 04:55:58 AM »

Attached below is a calibration patch to set the input level (due to the lack of metering), set the input level so the EXP pedal led is just peaking on.
The GT-100 won't clip with high input levels, but it does compress beyond a certain point, making the preamps less responsive to volume change on the guitar.

An average passive humbucker input level setting sits around -7dB
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from http://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Graham G

Re: Guitar Input Level
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »

Done,thanks a lot,what a difference to the patch quality I can now hear what i had wrong ;D,
-7db was pretty much bang on for my Gordy(Seymour P/G's) my Squire Tele was +5db,
Cheers,Graham.

OnkelGrusom

Re: GT100- Guitar Input Level
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 07:52:10 PM »

Thanks for the calibration patch. It really helped to get the main sound straight.

Kim

OldPunk

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 09:23:31 AM »

Hello!
Just got my GT 100 today... How to use the "Go To FV to Callibrate " tool? Load into the GT or the PC?
Thanks in advance.

gumtown

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 01:53:03 PM »

You load the patch into the GT.
Then with hard picking on the guitar, adjust the system setting for "guitar input level" until the EXP pedal switch light is only just peaking 'on'.

Typically a hot output/humbucker guitar will require the input level reduced down around the -12dB to -8dB range.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from http://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

OldPunk

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 09:50:14 PM »

Thanks mate!

satch1970

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 10:57:09 AM »

Love this calibration patch!!!!! Great job gumtown :)

Beanow

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 01:59:07 AM »

Hm! I wonder if this still applies for the Katana. Which parameter is that in tsl / sysex?

gumtown

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 05:46:11 AM »

Hm! I wonder if this still applies for the Katana. Which parameter is that in tsl / sysex?
the main ingredient is a parameter the GT-100 has "assign common input", which takes the input level, and a threshold is set to a certain input level, in this case, switches the EXP 'on', lighting the EXP pedal led as a peak light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up