GT-100FxFloorBoard editor version 2

Started by gumtown, May 10, 2014, 08:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumtown

I have a preview update of the GT-100FxFloorBoard editor software for version 2 firmware,
download from here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/GT-100FxFloorboard/

So far it loads the existing firmware 1 patches and converts them to version 2, and reads from the GT-100.
It has the patch mode V2 extras added,
Work still to go on the system settings and menu's.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Mrchevy

Thanks for the continued updates Gummy. I still like the visual aspects of your editor much better than Rolands. Also the fact you don't need to connect to the internet to use it (works off line) the way it should be. Will there be any improvements on the real time back and forth comunication between editor and unit. This would be the cherry on top of a triple decker Banana split. Thanks for all your time and efforts.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

gumtown

An new update today, GT-100FxFloorBoard version 20140707.

It can now read and load Boss "Tone Central"  *.tsl format patches.

It was a mission to have to write a 'read' routine for every single parameter (2325 of them),
now to do the opposite so it can 'write' the Json style Tone Central format files.

One good thing about the *.tsl type patch files, which all the new Roland/Boss gear seems to be heading,
is the format is similar across all the products, and could mean patches for other devices can be read, and picking out the common parameters to load.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

wilkinsi

Hey Colin,
Any plans to add the tuner to the editor, including the ability to switch between MUTE and BYPASS?

glennfin

I've seen this comment also posted in the GP-10 forum.... where do people get the idea that you need to be connected to the internet to use the boss/roland editors?  ???

Quote from: Mrchevy on May 11, 2014, 07:05:30 AM
Also the fact you don't need to connect to the internet to use it (works off line) the way it should be.

gumtown

Quote from: glennfin on December 20, 2014, 08:22:37 AM
I've seen this comment also posted in the GP-10 forum.... where do people get the idea that you need to be connected to the internet to use the boss/roland editors?  ???
I believe the statement is the Tone Studio editors can't be used "Offline" as in not "connected to the USB device".
Sure you can use them while not connected to the internet, but you lose out on the Tone Studio download library from Boss.

Elantric

In this context "offline" does not mean "connected to Internet"  - instead it means the Boss Tone Studio Editor refuses to launch if the actual Boss product is not present and connected via USB.

(EDIT: Since corrected with latest version of BTS.

By contrast, I run both Gumtown's Floorboard Editor or VG-99 Editor mostly with no hardware connected, to verify signal routing and new patch ideas, rearrange patches for set lists, or prove a point on the forum by making a screen shot of the controls.

All impossible with Boss Tone Studio Editor. Prior to 2016

Mrchevy

Sorry, looking at my post time, I obviously was still working on my first cup of coffee. What i meant was that Gummies editor does not need to be connected, it runs on its own, as Elantric stated, where as boss tone studio has to be connected to the unit to work within the software. I have used Gummies editor on several occasions, without connections to anything, when trying to check parameters and available settings, to answer questions from forum members. It also works when a member has trouble with a patch. You can download their patch, open the editor, load in the patch, and review their settings for troubleshooting. The "needs an internet connection" comment, was a brain fart due to low caffeine levels  ;)
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

glennfin

No problem Mrchevy...  ;) and you obviously understand the difference between being connected to the device you're editing and the "internet" .............as I mentioned, this is not the first time I've seen this statement on this forum. I think there are others that for some reason believe they need to be connected to the internet for the editor to operate which is of course not true. It's all good.  ;D

Quote from: Mrchevy on December 20, 2014, 06:09:29 PM
Sorry, looking at my post time, I obviously was still working on my first cup of coffee. What i meant was that Gummies editor does not need to be connected, it runs on its own, as Elantric stated, where as boss tone studio has to be connected to the unit to work within the software. I have used Gummies editor on several occasions, without connections to anything, when trying to check parameters and available settings, to answer questions from forum members. It also works when a member has trouble with a patch. You can download their patch, open the editor, load in the patch, and review their settings for troubleshooting. The "needs an internet connection" comment, was a brain fart due to low caffeine levels  ;)

Mrchevy

Quote from: glennfin on December 20, 2014, 06:39:07 PM
I think there are others that for some reason believe they need to be connected to the internet for the editor to operate

That is because when M R CHEVY talks.........people listen.  ;D  Oh, and the editor only works with a Gibson guitar. ;)
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

glennfin

Whew!! good thing I own 2 Les Pauls!  ;D ;D  ;D

Quote from: Mrchevy on December 20, 2014, 06:49:59 PM
That is because when M R CHEVY talks.........people listen.  ;D  Oh, and the editor only works with a Gibson guitar. ;)

dave d

hi I have a problem with this editor , I installed it , and when you start it. it comes up loading midi etc then stops and windows shuts it down
I have a gt-001 any idea what I have done wrong , I have the Roland one  installed and that works fine

cheers dave

Mrchevy

I think this is what you want. 
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/GT-001FxFloorBoard/

I believe while you can transfer patches with the GT100 FxFloorBoard editor to the GT-001, I don't think you can edit the GT-001 itself with the GT100 editor. Gumtown had started working on an editor for the GT-001 (see link above). Is this the one you installed or did you install the one for the GT100?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

dave d

I installed the gt-001 version ,looks like it isn't  ready yet , win 8.1 won't entertain it ,on my end, it installed the program OK just crashes out when you try to start it 
dave

yabo

i have the gt-001 .and it worked 2 times only now it crashes all the time with windows 7 .i tried all the midi options when you hit connect it crashes and wont load again ..so i uninstall it and reinstall it and program loads once i pick another midi option and hit connect it crashes again..

dave d

just tried this again , now the program will start up and run , if I don't connect the GT-001 , but crashes when you connect the GT=001,  :o

gumtown

The GT-001 version is still under development, I need to get a GT-001 to take it further..

cx1uk

Just taken delivery of a GT-100 and am over-the-moon to find there is a Gumtown Floorboard editor for the Mac!

Gum town, you've made my day... a million, million thanks!  ;D
Strat Plus
PRS CE Custom24
Taylor A10e
Fender and Bassman Amps
Korg Synths
GR-55
GT-100

Mac Software

and a banjo (Sorry)

cx1uk

Now if only I could get the Mac to speak to the GT-100 I'd be a happy man...  :(

Time to search the forums...
Strat Plus
PRS CE Custom24
Taylor A10e
Fender and Bassman Amps
Korg Synths
GR-55
GT-100

Mac Software

and a banjo (Sorry)

gumtown

Quote from: cx1uk on May 23, 2017, 02:32:19 AM
Now if only I could get the Mac to speak to the GT-100 I'd be a happy man...  :(

Time to search the forums...

have you..
1.) downloaded and installed the GT100 USB driver.
2.) from the editor 'preferences > midi/usb' menu, selected "GT100" as the midi device
3.) pressed the editor "connect" button, and have it lit green without error message ?

gumtown

Finally an update for windows and mac versions,
fixes issues with high dpi monitors and font sizing.
The editor will auto scale the graphics and fonts separately,
and upscale smooth texturing included, and a few other minor buggy fixes.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/GT-100FxFloorboard/

gumtown

Quote from: dave d on February 22, 2015, 03:15:03 AM
just tried this again , now the program will start up and run , if I don't connect the GT-001 , but crashes when you connect the GT=001,  :o

An old post but I have since brought a GT-001 and updated the GT-001 version of FxFloorBoard.