GR-30 & the GK-2A pickup adjustment

Started by waderain, June 29, 2015, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waderain

I just picked up a GR-30 and a guitar with the GK-2A already installed. Everything works great but on it seems the "D" string has a softer sound than the rest of the strings. I really need to pick hard at it to get it to sound at the same volume as the other strings. Looked through the manual and all over the net but can't find any info on how to adjust this, or if there is a setting I'm overlooking. Really need to get it to work, plan to use it on some gigs the end of summer.

Any info would be helpful

Thanks!!

Headless68

Switch 'parameter select' to 'pickup sens (1-6)
Press 'edit'
Play your string - the LEDs should light as a level meter - press'+' to increase the value but not so much that it goes red

Also worth checking your pickup is adjusted close to the strings as poss without fouling the strings (about 1mm gap )

Elantric

waderain

Thanks, I'll try both of those tips. Does anyone know if I can do a factory reset on the GR-30?

Elantric

https://www.rolandus.com/assets/press_media_resources/Factory_Reset.pdf

Power on while holding Pedal #2, then press the PATCH+ button to select INI. Press
EDIT/PLAY. Then press PATCH+ and PATCH- simultaneously

Download this to learn how to test the GR-30's internal RAM battery:

http://www.synfo.nl/servicemanuals/Roland/GR-30_SERVICE_NOTES.pdf

waderain

Quote from: Headless68 on June 29, 2015, 10:52:33 AM
Switch 'parameter select' to 'pickup sens (1-6)
Press 'edit'
Play your string - the LEDs should light as a level meter - press'+' to increase the value but not so much that it goes red

Also worth checking your pickup is adjusted close to the strings as poss without fouling the strings (about 1mm gap )

Yep this worked, got all the strings at the same volume now. Thanks!!!!

Headless68

Great - enjoy your GR-30, they have aged well & are still awesome :-)

Headless