Boss RC-3 or RC-30

Started by Gord, September 24, 2012, 08:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gord

Hi everyone I am thinking of buying a Boss RC-3 looper pedal and was wondering if this was a good starting unit or should I for go the extra bucks for the RC-30 which also has a mic input. I am retired hobby musician and have been enjoying the learning process around a lot of the new technologies for musicians. I have a basement hobby studio with a recent purchase of a GR55 - any suggestions are welcome. ( the 3 hour memory seems to be the seller.??? Right now.)

Gord

sloopdawg

I would recomend the 30 over the 3 but you can get a used RC50 for about what you can get a new 30 for. I guess it's all in what your needs are. Let us know what you get.

FreeTime

I chose the RC-3 over the 30 based on footprint (which was negated in short order by adding an external 2 button footswitch). I gutted an old amp footswitch that had momentary single pole switches in it. For the price difference I run a nice little 4 chan mixer into the stereo in of the RC3. This also gives me an extra Mic channel AND I can leave a bass and acoustic guitar plugged in all the time. Thirdly the mixer is at hand level where I don't have to bend over to get at the buttons.