Started by Elantric, February 17, 2011, 08:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Just got this amp last week - its ok, but the reverb is rather terrible

Mod thread
http://www.tdpri.com/threads/monoprice-15-watt-tube-amp.609524/

montyrivers

http://www.proaudiostar.com/roland-boutique-8bit-synth-generator.html

Roland A01 $108 before tax.  Shipping is free. 
Small controller module with Midi over Bluetooth, USB, 5-Pin, Midi-CV and a built in 8-bit tone synth.

Normally retails for $299-$399.

Also there is a version that comes with a 25 key detachable controller that works with other roland boutique modules for a bit extra..

http://www.proaudiostar.com/roland-a01k-micro-controller-and-generator.html

( . )( . )

New Katana 100W 112 on EBay from a good seller for $250 with free shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222416545357

Elantric

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L08YBVY?psc=1
VOX VSS1FWH Electric guitar, Starstream Type 1 - White Metallic Frame (Certified Refurbished) $499

This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
Equipped with the innovative AREOS-D system, this new line embodies a sleek, cutting-edge design from VOX.
Trans black semi-gloss mango body with metallic white contoured graphite frame
22 fret maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
AREOS-D system combines traditional pickups and a piezo system with a DSP engine

drbill

Anyone have experience with these?

Monoprice Stage Right 150-Watt 15-inch BiAmplified Powered PA Speaker

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=604450
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

admin

IMHO 150 watts is underpowered for a 15" bi amp speaker cab.

I was getting the 500 watt Alto / Alesis Alpha 112P for $199 not long ago

A2theT

Interesting.  I Like how these monoprice cabs are packaged (handle, wheels, size).
I've been using two Behringer K900FX 12" Keyboard amps and was thinking of trying something else.

My Behringer is packed with features multiple inputs, feedback eliminator, eq, fx but I'm really curious if I could here a difference in sound quality at jamming levels compared to Bose, JBL, QSC, Monoprice etc..

HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Chumly

Behringer certainly has competitive pricing and an aggressive business model but there are nicer sounding products that understandably cost more.  Worthy of consideration is whether you or your audience will notice enough of a difference for the additional cost.  The truth of the matter is that gear and talent play second fiddle to performance and sex appeal in a live setting. IOW better clothes, attention seeking stage moves, and sex appeal will likely trump nicer sounding products.

I like nice gear because it makes me feel better and I find it interesting, not because I truly expect many will notice (or care if they do notice) in a live setting.

My raw sexual animal magnetism and impeccable dress has often saved me from a fate worse than death.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

chrish

Our band always hauled the gear that gave us the best sound, to our ears.

i wouldn't have wanted to hear the other guitar player's tone if he was producing a harsh sound simply because  he brought along his B game processer.

always bring your A game to a gig.

Chumly

Many of the most successful musicians have used rather modest gear, especially by today's most recent standards. Whether an amplified guitar sounds "harsh" (and thus I assume from your text you feel is unquestionably undesirable) is in fact dependent on context and esthetics!

The 2000 Pound Bee
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

Elantric

Clone of the old AirTurn Duo = with a few more features

Amazon with DonnerDirect has the Donner Bluetooth Rechargeable Page Turner Pedal for Tablets (2 colors) for $64 - $10 off with coupon code FK6SCBEJ at checkout = $54 with free shipping.

Good for music reading, scrolling guitar tabs, teleprompting and more, the left and right footswitches emulate arrow keys, page up/page down, and mouse clicks.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01NC38KG0

Product Description
The Donner wireless Bluetooth pedal is the perfect controller for Bluetooth - equipped Mac, PC, iPad or Android Tablet. Take control of music reading, scrolling lyrics or guitar tabs, teleprompting or media control, and more. For hands-free page turns and compatible app controls so subtle, no one will notice that your hands never touched the screen. Not only is this an eco-friendly solution to using paper charts and sheet music, it also creates smoother transitions rather than fumbling through paper and binders. Clean, modern design featuring no bulky cables sticking out, durable and lightweight ABS plastic, rubber grip pedals to ensure full contact with the pedal every time, and easily readable LED's indicating mode selection and battery life. The Bluetooth Page Turner easily syncs with dozens of popular sheet music, chord chart, tab, and reading apps including: forScore, OnSong, Planning Center Music Stand, NextPage, MusicReader4, MobileSheets, Teleprompt+3, SongBook Chordpro, unrealBook, Paperless Music, piaScore and many more simply by turning on the unit, enabling Bluetooth on your device, and pressing sync! Enjoy your own fun and colorful life.

No Risk, 30 Days Unconditional Money Back Guarantee Backed Up By Our Awesome Customer Support, you can rest assured to buy our products.

Specifications
Color: Silver
Material: ABS + Metal
Weight:450g (with box)

Package included:
1 x Donner Bluetooth Page Turner Music Pedal
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x User Guide

QuoteDonner Bluetooth Page Turner Pedal for Tablets Ipad Rechargeable, Silver

A must have for any musician with an iPad & sheet music apps. Works with computer as well.
By Greg K on Feb 26, 2017
This is a very useful tool for turning pages on my iPhone & iPad for gigs and rehearsal. I use this pedal with the iOS App's piaScore, Teleprompt & with Mac as well. Turning pages' hands-free is a must.

There are a few setting options to use depending what app or device you are connecting to. On my Mac Setting 5 (Space/ Enter) comes in handy to stop/start recording in Logic Pro.

Other settings include:

1. Page up/page down
2. Left arrow/ right
3. Up / down
4. left / right mouse click
5. Space/ Enter

Despite being made of plastic, it's sturdy and effective.
The pedals are quiet, so they don't distract when pressing them and it has rubber on the bottom so it won't slide around.

I haven't tried it with other iOS apps, but it should work with any app that you can use foot pedals with including:

WPS Office
Musicreader 4
forScore
OnSong
DD GigBook
NextPage
Teleprompt+3
SongBook
unrealBook
VSheetMusic
Musicnotes
-----

It syncs to every app I've seen and makes switching sheet music almost effortless.it syncs with no issues at all.now I will never need paper again

alexmcginness

do they make a start stop pedal for music playback for the Ipad? I use a midi temp for playing back backing tracks. An Ipad could do the same if there was a pedal to start the song.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Kokopelli

I use the AirTurn PED model foot control and it does work with both iPad and PC. Sorry I cannot be more specific regarding your question. I mainly use it for the PC and when I have experimented with it on the iPad, I was using Apps that were AirTurn compatible. Therefore the use of the AirTurn Pedals may only work with certain Apps. I suggest asking AirTurn about your specific application. It very well may work for you but I would check with them to be sure. I like the compact PED. The only thing is that the sticker marking the buttons can come loose around the edges but that's not a big deal however I think they should fix that with a new type of sticker.

Edit: They have fixed the minor issue with the sticker. I will explain in a new post below. (great service and communication form AirTurn)

whippinpost91850

I use an airturn with SetList Maker on my iPAD. I don't know why it wouldn't work with other programs

Kokopelli

Regarding my previous comment concerning my AirTurn PED. The minor sticker issue was only on the first few that came off the production line. I had put my order in before they were even available. The manufacture without saying anything used an lubricant spray to get the more stubborn skins out of the mold but that was fixed immediately. AirTurn has a promotion give away going on and I decided to mention the sticker issue on the PED model and they were happy to explain what caused the issue and take care of me. I highly recommend AirTurn.

Here you can enter for a free concert package. They make a lot of nice stuff.
http://www.headabovemusic.com/giving-away-an-airturn-concert-package

Edit: I use the AirTurn Pedal for several things. I mainly use it to turn pages on a Windows PC but I also use it to start and stop recording in my DAW Reaper and also use it to control some functions in a looping VST Plug In called Mobius and on the iPad I use it to control a looping app called Loppy HD. It also works for an iPad App I have called Flute Prompter.

Elantric

A2theT

Quote from: Chumly on February 26, 2017, 11:22:17 AM
snip...  My raw sexual animal magnetism and impeccable dress has often saved me from a fate worse than death.

LMAO
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

lespauled

I was alerted to this on another board.  I'm in for one!!!!  Don't really need it, but for $40, it's worth a try.  Even if I don't like it, it will make a great doorstop  ;D

http://shop.harmanpro.com/p/boneshaker/guitar-vocal-effects_dod-guitar-effects-pedals?pp=20

DOD Boneshaker for $39.99 (originally $199.95)

gregjon

Yonac Motherload  Bundle 40% off for ToneStack v3.0. If already have Motherload for v2.0 - upgrade Bundle for v3.0 is only $14.99.
For a limited time. App for IOS (Apple)
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat with GK3 pickup.
Godin Freeway SA
Godin Multiac Nylon SA
Fishman Triple Play
GR-55
GR-20
SUGS Selector
RFX Midi Foot Control Pedal
Ipad Air, Apps: Bias, Jam Up Pro, Flying Haggis, Tone Stack, Audiobus, Garage Band,

admin

admin

Order Tuner Batteries

MyBatterySupplier via Amazon.com has 2-Pack 5-Count Energizer 3V Lithium Coin Battery (CR2032) on sale for $3.90 ---> Now $4.09. Shipping is free. Thanks adiwsusanto

Note, be sure the item is ships and sold by MyBatterSupplier. Usually ships within 4-5 days.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FO9HQLS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=dd9b1380196411e7ab38668361f36bc80INT&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A19DY5EK03NION