GR-55 - It's possible to add Eventide PitchFactor before Gr-55

Started by zer151, March 12, 2017, 10:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zer151

Hello everyone,

I'm really wonder it's possible to add the Pitchfactor to process the pitch harmony and then send the harmonized note to Roland Gr-55?

example the harmonizer will sound really bad if it put after delay and reverb.... my now quick is turn everything and use my another pedal which is very painful to me....

how about the midi in&out from Pitchfactor and Roland.

thank you so much.

admin

QuoteI'm really wonder it's possible to add the Pitchfactor to process the pitch harmony and then send the harmonized note to Roland Gr-55?

GR-55 lacks an  FX Loop means it wont be possible

VG-99 has stereo paths and is possible to feed GK- 13 Input > VG-99 CHAIN A Processing >VG-99 left out >   Pitchfactor > VG-99 Guitar Input > VG-99 Chain B processing > VG-99 Right Out

But in my opinion the Roland Pitch shifting in GR-55 & VG-99 is better than the pitchfacter

zer151

Thank you so much.

in my case I like to do press one note and send this one note to PitchFactor and process to 1 Chord like press G and get the B D F#

and I like have another dry acoustic signal from my guitar pickup direct to amp, so I can have chord by press one note from Gr-55 and Dry acoustic signal

to have percussive body sound and melody.

gumtown

I agree with admsustainiac,
For what you are wanting to achieve, use the GR-55, with multiple tones to create a harmony/chord, normal guitar + modelled tone + modelled pitch offset + PCM synth guitar harmony.
and use the GR-55 "guitar out" jack for your dry tone direct to your amp.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

imerkat

Yes you can and I did here:

This GR-55  had a loop mod

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3994.msg125558#msg125558

but you can jack the 7th pin from a patch cable to do it with out drilling the unit. Sad fact that the PitchFactor cannot handle a lot of the PCM sounds So I had the modelling synth out from the Guitar Out, routed back into the internal normal guitar block.

As you can see in the pic I had the Harpeggiator algo going, processed back into the Gr-55 and back out to the Eventide Space.

zer151

Thank you both, but actually I reall need pitchfactor process the note before it use own gr-55 amp modeling and reverb or mfx and delay.

Now I can just process the harmony but it's all after gr-55 effect.

admin

a third party product , PrimovaSound GKFX1 can be inserted between your 13 pin guitar and the GR-55 Gk input and be used as a mono FX insert loop - but only for the mono mag PU "normal Guitar" signal

http://www.primovasound.com/pdf/GKFX1_Manual.pdf
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20182.0

Pouxe

Hello,
I intended to post about it ...
For my part I simply use 2 cables that loop between the GK3 and my guitar and it works very well. It's just a bit weighty  but it's ok.
So I can use all the effects of my pedalboard without any problem. It's very simple and it does not cost anything and requires no modification.

Here are 2 examples with effects from the GR55 and others from the pedalboard. (GR55 Delux Crunch, chorus stereo, pan, delay) (Pedalboard, Overdrive/disto, Whammy, line 6 M5 effects...)
Maybach Lester Gold Rush p90 guitar
There are juste trials ! I hope you are able to understand this otherwise I will not post any more examples !
For those who know there is also the sound of my superb stool (see Patches Pouxe Clean ...), Zoom H1 on the floor...The sound is good in real

There are obviously effects that would be better in a real loop in the GR but it depends if you use a clear sound or with drive etc but for an harmoniser it's ok

Pouxe

Another very interesting little thing.
I do not want to put a GK3 on all my guitars and on my Telecasters it's not really possible.
With this "coupling spring" , I can directly and in one minute, use my pedalboard and the sounds of the multi-effects of the GR55 very easily

As an example a file (still rough I know) with the Tele plugged like that. You can always adjust the general volume on the GK or GR
Amp simu on GR55 and overdrives and effects on my pedalboard
I can tell you that it sounds and that it gives the true sound of the guitar !

In short I hope it will be useful for you

Pouxe

Here are some examples of sounds just with my pedalboard and the connected telecaster with the "coupling spring". The GR is here just amp and a little delay
Imagine adding the effects of the GR ! It's really fun and it inspires to create.

Problem, as soon as I record, I no longer know how to play guitar ! (not quite tuned), it's terrible for me !