FTP - Tripleplay version 1.4 available now!

Started by FishmanSQA, May 18, 2017, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishmanSQA

Hello Folks-

We are excited to announce that we have released Tripleplay version 1.4, which is available for download now. We hope you are pleased with the many updates and improvements we've worked hard to bring you. Please read all documentation for instructions on upgrading from v1.2, as it is important to do it in a specific order. As always, feel free to post comments, questions and concerns here or contact support directly. Current TP 1.4 beta users are encouraged to check out the EastWest section of the Fishman downloads page for the free teaser pack.

https://www.fishman.com/tripleplay-1-4/
https://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-downloads/

TriplePlay 1.4 Features:

Sampletank compatible in both 32 and 64 bit
•   New library folders in the patches window
•   MIDI thru to all plugins and external hardware
•   Multi channel Mono and Single channel Poly modes can be chosen on a pre patch basis
•   Editing options are shown when right-clicking on patches
•   Patches window now includes additional Hardware Patches that are saved to the TriplePlay controller.
•   Hardware Patches are automatically saved to the controller after renaming a patch, reordering patches, or clicking the "Save" button.
•   Double-clicking the "Hardware Synth" button underneath the mixer channel opens the TriplePlay controller parameters window.
•   Increased patch load speed
•   Improved Splits functionality
•   New graphic interface
•   Improved patch creation and patch editing features
•   Improved plugin stability
•   Improved DAW functionality
•   Improved multi-instance efficiency and stability inside a DAW
•   Added FC-1 functionality inside a DAW
•   Improved FC-1 MIDI CC configuration utilities
TriplePlay 1.4.104 | TP Firmware: 2.33/1.85 | FC-1 Firmware: v1.5
TriplePlay v1.4 is compatible with Windows 7 and above, and OS X 10.8 and above

Best,

Sara
Fishman Lead SQA

susbemol

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the heads up! Is there any way of getting a little more information on some of these improvements?

For example, I am particularly interested in learning what exactly has been improved with regards to the splits functionality as I see no difference to what was previously available. Am I missing something?

Many thanks!

FishmanSQA

Quote from:  cplm
Hello Sara,

Thanks for the update!

Please, check the link to the User Guide here:

Although its name is "TP1.4_User_Guide.pdf", if you download it and open it, you can see that it is otherwise the "Update Guide.pdf".

Thanks very much for the heads up. All set now!

admin

Quote from:  cplm
I'm so sorry Sara but, it isn't so.
Please check again, it is not the User Guide yet.
Don't look at the file's name, just open it.

Seems OK to me

i click "USER GUIDE" and it takes me to this - the 36 page User Guide for FTP version 1.4
https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/TriplePlay1.4_User_Guide.pdf

FishmanSQA

Yes, be sure to refresh your browser. Just triple checked....It should be working now.

Sara

FishmanSQA

Quote from: susbemol on May 18, 2017, 02:12:04 PM
Hi Sara,

Thanks for the heads up! Is there any way of getting a little more information on some of these improvements?

For example, I am particularly interested in learning what exactly has been improved with regards to the splits functionality as I see no difference to what was previously available. Am I missing something?

Many thanks!

Hello-

We actually fixed several bugs in the splits area of the app..Many of them were under the hood so to speak, but overall the splits functionality is far smoother. In addition to the bug fixes, Program change now sends on channels 11-16. We've also disabled the splits area to alert users when the controller is not connected, or the patch is accidentally in Poly mode. ( In the past users may not have understood why splits didn't work and in actuality they were in Poly.)

Hope you are enjoying 1.4!

FishmanSQA

Folks...I just wanted to be sure to post this somewhere. i'm seeing reports of "Receiver Not Found", but the problem is that an audio device is not selected. *** Please be sure to check your Audio Preferences and select one immediately when you start v1.4. ***

Best,
Sara

PeterPan8

A couple of days ago, I downloaded the TriplePlay update. All was OK, until today, when I received a message asking to do a "Firmware update". 

I clicked on Install, then received a "Okay" button with the message "Firmware update succeeded."
Then another box opened entitled "Getting patches from the TriplePlay Controller."
The progress bar was stuck at 0%!

For those who are going through the same process, remember to leave your guitar controller at the "ON" position, don't turn it off, or the update won't work.

My TriplePlay likes it! 

FishmanSQA

Hello-

Are you right-clicking the Hardware and User patches? I have tested it extensively here and it is working on my end. What operating system etc are you using? Keep in mind you cannot right-click to edit factory patches within the libraries list. (You must first drag one of these to your user list before editing the names. ) I would like to investigate this further if you have any additional information. Thanks!

Best,
Sara

Smash

As a non PC FTP user is there anything in this release/firmware that will benefit iOS users? Thanks

FishmanSQA

Hello everyone-

This information went out with the 1.4 notification email, but I wanted to also post it here: All TriplePlay Users who purchased TriplePlay before May 19, 2017, get $30 off ANY of the five EastWest MIDI Guitar Series titles. Use the code FISHMAN30 when you checkout. Visit fishman.com/eastwest for more details. Please note the offer expires August 15, 2017.