Midi Guitar System

Started by Serra, March 28, 2017, 06:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serra

Hi guitar fellows,

Never used midi guitar before. Need help to decide between FTP or Jam Origin.
Any advice will be welcome.

Tanks

gumtown

Go for the FTP if you want the real deal.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ITL

I agree with Gumtown.  It would depend on your application. The FTP is a professional level unit that so far gives the most guitar like feel to midi guitar( i.e. tracking, pitch bending, etc.).  The Jam Origin in my opinion seems more like a hobby gadget, that you can use if you just want to get a little flavor of midi guitar.
LGXTSA, Godin Session Custom TriplePlay w/ Fishman Piezo, JTVariax59, Axe-FXII, Integra 7, Motif XS, VoiceLive 3

jassy

Sorry could not agree, I own both and they are different, but Jam Origin is not a hobby gadget at all for me, it is stellar in many aspects and gives you an impressive feeling playing synths.
An important advantage is that you can play it with ALL your guitars because you dont need any special pickup which is only installed in a single guitar.
And there is a demo you can try for yourself in order to make your own decision.

GuitarBuilder

So let's start with the first question:

What's your budget?
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Shingles

Jam Origin released public betas of Midiguitar starting several years ago. That has helped in getting them publicity, but hasn't helped in that they are still judged by the early betas.
The first none- beta release came just a couple of days ago. It's not a toy. It isn't perfect, but what it does and how it integrates with DAWs and /or plugins is amazing.
Nik
--------------------------------
Tonelab, VG99, Axon AX100, EDP, Repeater
Godin, PRS, Crafter and Roland guitars
Center Point Stereo Spacestation V3