Brian Moore i1.13 or any iGuitars ???

Started by kenc, February 04, 2008, 10:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenc

Currently playing an Ibanez with a GK2-a that I installed about 5 yrs ago-- getting the crackling sound at the cable/connector junction on the pickup.....

so I am looking into getting another guitar to drive my VG 99 and GR-30.   I like the specs and features of the Brian Moore i1.13.  There are no dealers in Arizona so I may not get a chance to play one.

Any members own any Brian Moore iguitars ?  Would like to get opinions and ask questions....

Thanks,

Ken

philflood

I own two currently, and I've owned two others. I first purchased a 21.13 that was a unique guitar in that it had the GraphTec Ghost System installed in it. I purchased it directly from the Brian Moore folks who had used it as demo. I didn't like the Ghost System in this guitar as it allowed some bleed through of sound. I was able to sell it for substantially more than I paid for it, and bought the Korean 8.13. It was a very nice guitar. played great, tracked nicely, but then an American made non-midi Brain Moore came up for sale, and I had to have it. I am currently having a GK-KIt-3 installed in it. It plays wonderfully. In the meantime, I actually found another deal on a real nice 81.13 which I am using while my C55 is getting its upgrade. The 81.13 will be for sale for $499 as soon as I get the C55 back.

I like the body shape and the weight of these guitars. They remind me of Parkers in their playability, playing the like best strats. The Duncan pickups are fine and provide a nice range of tones. But with the VG gear, to me it's all about playability, and these deliver. If you're not bothered by the pickups in the Chinese versions, these are nice guitars. The Korean versions usually have Sperzel tuners, which I like, and Duncan pickups, although some of the older Korean ones did not have Sperzels. The US Custom guitars are simply works of art that play great.

Slackjaw

My pretty much primary use is a i2.13.  I have no intention of replacing it anytime soon.
My Rig: Brian Moore i2.13 > Guitar Rig 4 and Roland GR-09 > Ableton Live 8 Suite > Alesis  MasterControl > Little Dot 1+ > Allesandro MS-1 Headphones > My Head > My Soul

hausmann

I have a Brian Moore also.  A 91.13 with a USB port.  I didn't really care about the USB port so much when I got it, but as it turns out, it's pretty handy to plop down on the sofa with a guitar, a laptop and a pair of headphones.  

I also like the curved top--it's a very comfortable guitar and it plays nicely.  I've really taken to the neck.  Since I also play a Stick, I do a lot of 2-handed playing on guitar too, so it's important for me to keep the action low.  The fretboard real estate isn't as large as on some other guitars I own, but it feels better than most.  

Since mine is not an American made, it didn't have Duncan p/u's or locking tuners.  Not a huge deal since I play through the VG about 90% of the time.  However, I replaced the neck p/u with a Dimarzio FRED.  I'd like to replace the tuners, although I'm not sure what to buy yet.  (any suggestions are welcome) The no name stock tuners are not terrible, but I'd like something nicer.

I wasn't able to try one out either before getting it, and it seems Brian Moore may be going through some sort of redesign/restructuring.  It's getting harder and harder to find them in retail stores.  Mine was a floor demo model from audiomidi.com purchased about a year ago.
-Eric
I wanna join your band
erichausmann.bandcamp.com

szilard

Quote from: kenc on February 04, 2008, 10:16:48 AM

so I am looking into getting another guitar to drive my VG 99 and GR-30.   I like the specs and features of the Brian Moore i1.13.  There are no dealers in Arizona so I may not get a chance to play one.

I like the Brian Moore's, but never found one in Phoenix that I liked, capability wise; playability was always nice. I like to play a guitar before I buy it, so I've bought two Godin's from Milano's in Mesa. If you're in the Phoenix area and haven't tried a Godin they're worth checking out.

kenc

Yeah I am in Gilbert and just figured out that Milano's (not my favorite music store in the valley) carries Godin. Will have to go and see what they have- thanks for the pointer

I have heard the the Godins are well made in the USA.  I am a bit skeptical about getting the Brian Moore without playing it....

For some reason the Made in Korea vs Made in USA - bug me - I don't know why - I am not a redneck :)

I also noticed that ALTO music is in NY ( close to Brian Moore Guitars) - Since ALTO gave me a great deal on the VG99 - I asked if they carried Brian Moore and he said that Brian Moore Guitars was out of business----- That scares me a lot......

So the searching continues.....

Slackjaw

"he said that Brian Moore Guitars was out of business"

Really?  Is this true?  Bummer.
My Rig: Brian Moore i2.13 > Guitar Rig 4 and Roland GR-09 > Ableton Live 8 Suite > Alesis  MasterControl > Little Dot 1+ > Allesandro MS-1 Headphones > My Head > My Soul

mos6507

Quote from: Slackjaw on February 13, 2008, 06:15:45 PM
"he said that Brian Moore Guitars was out of business"

Really?  Is this true?  Bummer.

Then why is their website still up?

http://www.iguitar.com/

Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

hausmann

Last year I spoke to them a few times before I got my Brian Moore.  They said that they were restructuring, had new investors and that they were leaning more toward some maybe sorta kinda deal with Apple retail stores.  I was told that the going out of business rumor was just that.  I wasn't really sure what to make of it actually.  I started to wonder if they were going to shift their focus toward making some sort of $300 mass-produced, Garageband-friendly axe that you could plug into your Mac Mini.
-Eric
I wanna join your band
erichausmann.bandcamp.com

Slackjaw

Quote from: hausmann on February 14, 2008, 12:43:14 AMI started to wonder if they were going to shift their focus toward making some sort of $300 mass-produced, Garageband-friendly axe that you could plug into your Mac Mini.

This might be an even bigger bummer.   :P

steveg219

Brian Moore Guitars is effectively out of business. Patrick is working on new financing and on getting the USB connection products to expand and re-launch. I own to custom shop guitars and just purchased an i1 neck through import which I haven't recieved yet

Great instruments, I really hope they come back!!

Steve

kenc

As luck would have it the local Guitar center had an american made Brian Moore for me to check out. I did not have the RMC /13 pin set up but is was similar in what I was looking for.  In typical Guitar center fashion the guitar was beat up and missing knobs, but they still wanted $1800 for it. So I just played to get the feel and hear the mag/piezo sounds.

I liked it quite a bit.

So I started my hunt on ebay..... and snagged a 8.13 with a tobacco sunburst with a case for $550 !!!!  - it was used from a music store in PA , has a ding here or there but its was a great deal.   I have had it for 2 days and can't stop playing it. 

I upgraded by vg-99 with 1.04 FW and it sounds great-  no issues with extraneous noises , also hooked it into some softsynths and it track really well....

Needless to say I am very happy.......

So ends my quest for replacing my Ibanez with a GK2 ....

Ken

Kevin M

Quote from: steveg219 on March 09, 2008, 09:52:52 PM
Brian Moore Guitars is effectively out of business. Patrick is working on new financing and on getting the USB connection products to expand and re-launch. I own to custom shop guitars and just purchased an i1 neck through import which I haven't recieved yet

Great instruments, I really hope they come back!!

Steve

Likewise, I hope they come back also.  I've owned 3 Brian Moore guitars and have liked them all.  The one I currently own (a custom shop C90P) unfortunately doesn't have the RMC system in it.  If you can find an 8.13 or a 2.13 for a decent price, I'd go for it.

Elantric

Spring News & Updates

In this issue:

New: Jon Bodan Signature
Model C-90.USB Nailhead-Diamond Plate!

Spring Tune up:  Time for setups and fretwork

Transform Your Ordinary Guitar with Upgrades
from the iGuitar Workshop 

Featured Artist: Abdul Zuhri 

Introducing the
Jon Bodan Signature Model
C-90.USB Nailhead-Diamond Plate

Jon Bodan of Halcyon Way - Brian Moore c90 Nailhead Signature Guitar Model
Jon Bodan of Halcyon Way - Brian Moore c90 Nailhead Signature Guitar Model

$3,995

Full Specs Here:

http://iguitarworkshop.com/C90JonBodanSignatureNailhead.aspx

Spring Tune up: Time For Setups and Fretwork

Spring means increased humidity. Take a look at your guitars.
Time for a factory setup?

The iGuitar Workshop performs expert repairs and setup on all brands and types of stringed instruments.

It is important to keep your guitars at the proper humidity, typically around 40%.  The iGuitar Workshop can help keep all of your instruments in top playing condition with a fret level / factory setup.

Call or email for an RA# to arrange for a fabulous factory setup!

845-809-5347 x226 Sales Desk 

sales@iguitarworkshop.com   

Expert repairs-All Brands   

Our experienced Luthiers can help with all types of repairs.

Expertise in all types of guitar electronics!

Killer UPGRADES!

13USB_StratBeforeAfter.jpg

Building Creative Tools and Infinite Tonal Possibilities   

Add Acoustic Midi & Synth Access

Transform your ordinary Acoustic into an incredible Synth controller!

Acoustic Midi Upgrade
Acoustic Midi Upgrade

Transform your ordinary guitar!

The iGuitar workshop offers piezo, 13 pin Synth and USB upgrades on all brands of guitars like the Strat example above. 

*  Beautiful Acoustic tone on any guitar
*  We offer all RMC, Graphtech and Fishman piezo systems 
* 13 pin synth access to the Roland GR-55 & other 13 pin synths
* Record Direct to your iPad via USB output!

* For this upgrade we wire the strat with a master volume and tone and use stacked piezo / 13 pin synth volume in place of the 3rd knob

Contact us directly to learn about how we can transform one of your existing instruments into an absolutely stunning guitar with easy to use technology to connect you to the infinitely creative world of desktop music creation or your favorite guitar synth.

Featured Artist:  Abdul Zuhri

Abdul Zuhri has played with Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder, Omar Hakim and many others (see below).

He has been an endorsing artist for over 10 years and plays
a pair of C-90P Custom Shop guitars.

AbdulWebPic.jpg
Abdul Zuhri "aka" Dulie, a professional Guitarist / Composer / Producer / Band leader for the Parallel Souls Band. Attended Five Towns College, Long Island NY, studied under the Contemporary Jazz Program, also studied under Charlie Banacos for several years. He has performed and/or recorded with these amazing artists such as: Herbie Hancock, Paul Taylor, Rachel Z, Urban Knights (featuring Ramsey Lewis, Victor Bailey, Maysa, Omar Hakim, Art Porter), Noel Pointer, Michael Urbaniak, Lionel Richie, Angie Stone, Mary J Blige, D'Angelo, JT Taylor, Tom Jones, GURU, Tweet, Fatback Band, Digable Planets, Toshi Kubota, Odyssey, Ben E. King, Stevie Wonder ..... to name a few. In 2002, Abdul Zuhri performed for Sir Paul McCartney's Wedding in Ireland. Abdul Zuhri is currently pursuing his solo career featuring his debut Album entitled "Positive Vibe".

www.abdulzuhri.com 

Check out the Artist Signature models

Artist-models 455X175.png 

NEW: Certified / Pre-Owned Guitars!  Featuring our patented built-in USB system, piezo acoustic and 13pin Synth Access

·
Other Cool Guitars

The iGuitar Workshop now offers numerous brands of pre-owned/certified guitars from Fender, Gibson, Martin and many others that feature built-in piezo, 13pin synth access and our patented USB system.

Contact us to learn more.

iGuitar Workshop Products& Services

Upgrades on All Brands   

Add new inspiration and creativity to one of your existing instruments!

Click the image to learn more about our super clean, built-in upgrades

featuring piezo, 13pin and patented iGuitar.USB interface.

Visit the iGuitar Workshop blog to learn and see more examples

of these incredible upgrades

Lefty Strat Controls

Click here! Floyd Rose with 13pin access to MIDI, Piezo and USB 

http://iguitarworkshop.com/13pinupgradefloydrose.aspx?utm_source=+iGuitar+Workshop+-+Spring+2013+-++NEW+Jon+Bodan+C-90+Nailhead-Diamond+Plate%2B&utm_campaign=iGuitarWorkshop+&utm_medium=email

Upgrade that old (or new) Floyd guitar in your collection with Piezo, 13pin
and USB. Get a great harmonic rich acoustic sound from your electric with the Graphtech Ghost Floyd style piezo bridge LB63.

http://iguitarworkshop.com/13pinupgradefloydrose.aspx?utm_source=+iGuitar+Workshop+-+Spring+2013+-++NEW+Jon+Bodan+C-90+Nailhead-Diamond+Plate%2B&utm_campaign=iGuitarWorkshop+&utm_medium=email

The Graphtech Ghost 13-pin output connects to Roland interfaces like the new GR-55, VG-99 and Axon products. It will plug into your PC or Mac via a standard USB and allows you to record audio in programs like Garageband. Using a GR-55, GI-20 or AX-50, you can control your complete project studio and software instruments in programs like Garageband, Logic, Cakewalk, etc. You can even create notate and TAB in computer notation programs like Finale and Sibelius.

Click the word iGuitar below to watch a video demo
of the iGuitar 13.USB models.    

iGuitar logo 

Great electric tone, 'harmonic rich' acoustic tone, 13 pin for easy connection to synths and computer interface, PLUS built-in USB Audio.

Facebook Logo 

We invite you to join the discussion on our Facebook page

Post pictures and video of your guitar.

Join our list
Join Our Mailing List

· The team at the iGuitar Workshop is focused on building the best guitars, blending the expertise of the Brian Moore Custom Shop with the latest iGuitar technology.

· Contact us directly to learn about how we can build you an absolutely stunning guitar with easy to use technology to connect you to the infinitely creative world of desktop music creation or your favorite guitar synth.

· If you know any players who may be interested in our Custom Shop or iGuitar instruments, please feel free to pass this on and earn a
Sales Referral bonus!

Thank you!

845-809-5348 fax 

www.iGuitarWorkshop.com

Elantric

Stumbled upon a Brian Moore i2.13 fully loaded (GK13 pin and USB Audio) and should have it here for review soon.

(seems the seller I purchased from only owned a year )
https://reverb.com/item/527054-brian-moore-iguitar-2-13-cherry-sunburst-w-tkl-case
http://iguitarworkshop.com/iGuitar21.13.USB.aspx
http://iguitarworkshop.com/iGuitar21.13.USBNatural.aspx
http://iguitarworkshop.com/13pinUSBupgrade.aspx

Manufacturer Part No: iGuitar21.13.USB
Comfort contoured mahogany body
Beautifully figured book matched maple wood tops
Unique sculped headstock
22 fret Mahogany set neck with rosewood fingerboard
24 3/4" scale 12" radius
Tunomatic bridge
Classic 'iM' Alnico Pickups
Upgrade the pickups with your choice of Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio, EMG or others - Add $325 for most types
Chrome Hardware
Precision 'iM' tuning machine heads
Upgrade the tuning machines with a set of locking Sperzels - Add $120
Innovative rear output jack location
RMC piezo for warm, harmonic rich, acoustic tone (via stereo 'Y' cable)
RMC 13 pin system for fast tracking access to Roland, Axon and Yamaha 13pin guitar synths
No need for externally mounted GK type magnetic hex synth pickup
Improved tracking over externally mounted magnetic GK type magnetic hex synth pickups
Compatible with all 13 pin guitar synth products including the latest systems from Roland GR-55, VG-99 and older systems such as GR-20, GR-33, GR-30, GI-20, GI-10, VG-8, VG-88, VGA-7, VGA-5, Axon AX-100, AX-50 and Yamaha G50
Blend all 3 outputs: magnetic, piezo and 13 pin, for incredible new sound creations
See image below for function of each guitar knob and switch
Connect easily to your computer via our patented iGuitar.USB system for recording, practicing and online jamming
Connect to music notation and Guitar TAB software programs such as Sibelius and Finale (Roland GR-55 or GI-20 recommended)
Includes iGuitar gig bag, adjustment tools and stereo Y cable.
Hard case available - Add $129
Visit our Accessories page for Y cables, cases and other items
Click here to see a typical 13.USB setup
Watch a Piezo/13 pin/ USB Demo Video
Note: The 13 pin cable is always sold with the 13 pin synth unit.

whippinpost91850

Pretty Guitar.. Cool to see how it tracks

admin

QuotePretty Guitar.. Cool to see how it tracks

Should be similar to the Godin LGX-SA - since they both share RMC electronics

Chumly

Quote from: Slackjaw on February 04, 2008, 01:06:48 PMMy pretty much primary use is a i2.13.  I have no intention of replacing it anytime soon.
I have one too and the only criticism is that the frets were extraordinary tall so I had them replaced with lower profile ones, it's getting older at 15 years old and so far so good.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

Now_And_Then

Quote from: Chumly on February 18, 2016, 04:45:04 PM
I have one too and the only criticism is that the frets were extraordinary tall so I had them replaced with lower profile ones, it's getting older at 15 years old and so far so good.

And here I thought that mine was the only Brian Moore (an i88.13) with this defect. Maybe they don't / didn't consider it a defect. I sure do. I hate the frets and I hate the headstock with its unnecessary 2+4 tuner configuration.

Oh, and I also hate the placement of the volume pot: much, much too close to the strings, in my opinion (although I know that other people will find this placement to be extremely good).

I'm not sure that I've played it more than once, for five minutes, using the mag pickups; I have only ever used it to drive various 13-pin devices.

I had been considering selling it for a long time but now I am thinking that it might be a good idea to make it my dedicated Gizmotron guitar, assuming that I actually buy one.

whippinpost91850

Elantric

QuoteI thought with usb

the iGuitar USB port on this model is strictly for use as an Audio Interface (No MIDI)

the Gk-13 Output connects to the typical GK 13 pin gear for COSM V-Guitar (VG-8) or Guitar to PCM (GR-33) or Guitar to MIDI (GI-20)   

whippinpost91850

GuitarBuilder

I've owned a 2005 i81.13 for quite a while now.  I've been very happy with the synth tracking.  No USB audio or octave switch on this one, but I do enjoy having both mag and piezo pickup signals separately via the stereo output.  Overall a very nice, inexpensive guitar!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Elantric

The Brian Moore arrived

it has a ultra thin neck profile  (less than 0.75" inch entire length of neck Nut to 12th fret) ) might float someone's boat, but it is not my cup of tea .