GR-55 - Wall of Strings

Started by A2theT, August 31, 2011, 09:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A2theT

Here's a patch I created to model the string sounds that were recorded into the Mellowtron and used by John Lennon on "I am the Walrus"
Theres's a demo video so you can hear what it sounds like with the Hohner Pianet patch.

HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

imerkat

Love it! awesome patch imma use live these weekend  ;D

ecca

aliensporebomb

Awesome job!  I'd love to hear your band doing that live!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

A2theT

Thanks, I knew ecca would appreciate this one.  And yes, I too would love to see his band play this.  It was an easy tune for me to transcribe and if I had a band I'd love to be playing it.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

ecca

Loved the Beatles all my life.

whippinpost91850

Man, your Beatle covers are just awesome.I AM A BIT JEALOUS ;D

ecca

I think the cameraman had had a few too many sherberts.

chickenslim

Freekin' Wonderful Walrus cover!

Good Job!
Deluxe fat Strat with Gk3

joe_44850

LOVE this patch! Thank you!!

PRSman

Newbie here...  I play in a Beatles Tribute band and just got a GR-55 to go with a Fender Roland Ready Strat (painted like George's Rocky Strat!), and love this patch!  However, even though I've downloaded the Librarian and Driver and everything seemed to load properly, but when I tested the patch it sounded like an acoustic guitar with an organ in the background and nothing like the "Wall of Strings" I was expecting...  I thought it could have been "operator error" so I tried it a second time with the same results.  What am I doing wrong?  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
;D

joe_44850

Wow, I play in a Beatles tribute band as well, and have my "Rockie" skin on the way for my strat! I couldn't get the Librarian to work, but after discovering the Floorboard, I didn't worry because this software is far superior:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

I have some other patches for Strawberry Fields Forever and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds that you might be interested in.

papabuss

Yes, Joe. Post them, please.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

PRSman

Quote from: joe_44850 on August 26, 2012, 07:19:08 PM
Wow, I play in a Beatles tribute band as well, and have my "Rockie" skin on the way for my strat! I couldn't get the Librarian to work, but after discovering the Floorboard, I didn't worry because this software is far superior:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

I have some other patches for Strawberry Fields Forever and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds that you might be interested in.

Thanks for the info and I'll definitely try that later today when I get home...  Yes, post those patches as I'd love to hear them and possibly put them to good use myself!  I'd love to see your Rocky Strat too...  :o

PRSman

Great patch!  Thanks for the link, Joe, as that software is much easier to use and worked right the first time!  Now I'm in business... :)

KeldAmpworks

Hi,

sorry for the resurrection - any chance you could share your awesome walrus presets  please? Just now I was listening to the original and thought I'd google to see if anyone had done a GR cover yet - yours sounds great!

A2theT

I made two presets for this and posted them here already.  Wall of strings is included in the OP and Hohner Pianette can also be found in the patch section
HEAVY on the METAL