GR-55 - Funk guitar, clav and bass combo

Started by jwhitcomb3, October 20, 2013, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwhitcomb3

Here is a funk combo I've worked up, based on my jazz combo template (in the jazz section), combining COSM and/or Magnetic guitar with PCM2 Bass and PCM1 keys (clav).

There are lots of controls/assigns at work here, letting you mix and match the four sound sources (PCM1+PCM2, COSM modeling and Normal Pickups).

The patch has both the COSM modeling guitars and the magnetic pickups enabled, so you can mix and match the COSM guitar with your magnetic pickups using your guitar's controls. The GK volume switch uses a trick to switch COSM pickups if you roll it off of full volume and roll it back. So the GK volume control acts both as a volume control and a pickup selector (it can only toggle between two pickup settings, so you can modify Assign 3 for your favorites).

This makes use of the GK switches, so if you've overridden the patch assignments for the GK switches with a global system setting, you're missing some of the fun (Go to the System -> Pedal/GK Ctl page and set each of CTL, EXP, EXPON, EXPSW, GKS1, S2 and VOL to "PATCH" to get full control over these patches). Switch 1 toggles the octave of the PCM1 clav sound, and Switch 2 toggles amp solo.

The EXP switch toggles the PCM sounds (the PCM sounds are paired and controlled together). They default on, and the EXP fades the PCM levels. With EXP Off, you only have the COSM and normal pickups, and the EXP pedal controls the delay level. CTL is tap tempo for this delay (and since delay is off when the EXP switch is on, CTL does nothing there).

An mp3 demo file is attached.

papabuss

This sounds funky great!
THX for posting, jwhitcomb.
(Again) +1  ;)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

mrtroper

Looking for a stevie wonder  ,reach for higher groud   going by other songs he did  would  he be using elctric sitar  and other  mix  . Please enlighten   regards terry  ::)

mrtroper