GT-Pro with FC-300 CTL 1 & 2 "double-tap" Issue

Started by fescozz, June 17, 2017, 06:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fescozz

Hello all.  I'm using a GT-Pro with an FC-300, and generally love the setup.  I'm using CTL 1 and 2 on the board for "Manual Mode" and "Tuner", respectively.  The problem is I'm having to double tap each pedal to turn the feature on or off.  It's like this - I press CTL1, I'm in manual mode and the CTL1 light is on, press it again, the light goes off but still in manual mode, 3rd press, back to patch mode and CTL1 light is on, 4th press, CTL1 light goes out and still in patch mode, where I began.  Same with CTL2, my tuner.  Basically it's taking me 4 taps on the CTL1 & 2 switches to do what 2 taps should do.  Nothing I have done seems to affect this.  Anybody have any idea what I'm doing "wrong" here?

Also, how do I delete "Assigns" in the GT-Pro?

These are probably two stupidly simple answers for these questions, but they have me stopped in my tracks at the moment, and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks all.

admin

Which Footswitch do I need? .. Latch or Unlatch?

GT-pro assign  [toggle] + FS-7  [Latch] = double latching, pedal requires 2 presses to do one function (effect on/off)

GT-Pro assign  [toggle] + FS-7  [Moment] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led only lights while held down

GT-Pro assign  [moment] + FS-7  [moment] = effect only on while pedal held down, pedal led only on while held down

GT-Pro assign  [moment] + FS-7  [Latch] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led toggles with effect status

Read all PDF docs attached to posts here

Learn to Program Roland/Boss MultiFX Processors
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88.0

fescozz

This is what I currently have:
"GT-pro assign  [toggle] + FS-7  [Latch] = double latching, pedal requires 2 presses to do one function (effect on/off)"

This is what I want:
"GT-Pro assign  [moment] + FS-7  [Latch] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led toggles with effect status"

I'll change the setting in the GT-Pro, and see what happens.  Thanks.

Any help regarding how to delete an assign?

fescozz

Your solution worked, with one exception - Changing the settings for CTL 1 (CC#80) from Toggle to Normal on the GT-Pro had no effect on the operation of the pedal, which is set to Latch on the board.  It remains 2 on/2 off.  I'm using this pedal to switch between patch and manual modes, if that makes any difference.

I'm also trying to clean up my assigns.  How do I delete unused assings?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

gumtown

Quote from: fescozz on June 17, 2017, 07:52:58 AM
This is what I currently have:
"GT-pro assign  [toggle] + FS-7  [Latch] = double latching, pedal requires 2 presses to do one function (effect on/off)"

This is what I want:
"GT-Pro assign  [moment] + FS-7  [Latch] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led toggles with effect status"

I'll change the setting in the GT-Pro, and see what happens.  Thanks.

Any help regarding how to delete an assign?

The GT-Pro has a few tricks built in,
There are 12 assigns per each patch, which can be set different for each patch.
To disable these, they must be switched 'off' in each patch, and the patch saved in that state.

There are also system/global pedal function settings, if you CTL pedal is doing the same on each patch, then it may be setup in this area of the menu.
As well as CTL 1~4 pedal functions, there are also settings for FC-200 pedals, where the pedal can be globally set between "toggle" and "momentary", possibly this setting, or the setting to 'disable "FC-200 mode".

I also have a GT-Pro version of the FxFloorBoard editor here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/GT-ProFxFloorBoard/
which might b easier to use than the Boss made one.
It will give you easier access to the system/global CTL and FC-200 mode settings. 
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

fescozz

Thanks.  Most of this I'm good with, and the adjustments have worked perfectly.  The sole exception is the CTL1 "double tap" issue.  I can't seem to solve that.  My setup is really very simple - CTL1 is patch/manual, CTL2 is tuner, EXP1/EXP SW1 is wah/volume and EXP2 is delay time.  This is true in nearly every patch I use.  CTL1 is the only one of these that's giving me a problem.  2 taps for on, and 2 taps for off.  Nothing I've done, either via the GT-Pro or the FC300, including following the advice above, solves it.  Short of an additional FS5U pedal or reassigning the task, I seem to have hit a wall.  It seems as if CTL1 on the FC300 is "different" somehow.  Can anyone confirm this?  Very frustrating.

And FWIW, deleting an assign is stupidly simple, and no longer an issue.

I'm going to give the editor a try.