Show your GK Guitar

Started by Virtual Tone, February 22, 2008, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

QuoteMaybe mod your Bouzouki bridge to contain the RMC dual course piezo saddles?

But the multitple strings will present major tracking errors for all 13 pin Guitar to MIDI systems  - even a modified Fishman Triplplay will suffer major MIDI tracking errors when 2 strings share a common piezo saddle.

But go ahead and Pursue if you have money to burn

dayn

QuoteBut the multitple strings will present major tracking errors for all 13 pin Guitar to MIDI systems

Good to know, Richard never mentioned that when I had talked with him about the dual course saddles.

pasha811

That's my 25 years old Strat Plus with GK2A.
Three years ago I had to mount the GK2A using IKEA components and sticky rubber.. because the standard mount plate & screws were gone missing. (I bought it from a friend who got a Godin XTSA). The IKEA component is very common in furniture that needs to be firmed to a wall. Long live IKEA! :-) Roland Spare Parts provider....

Best
Pasha
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

Elantric

QuoteLong live IKEA!

Indeed  - the closest Ikea to me is in Burbank  - but i always make a trek there once a year to find oddball hardware fasteners and closeout  / returned furniture. Once got a great wall bookcase for $120 instead of $599 there.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Guitar-Pedal-Board-UNDER-40/

Elantric

Highlandsrock wrote>

Here's my PRS install - an SE Custom rather than a 245. Did a similar thing to you - saw a good deal and thought why not install an internal GK kit. Really pleased I did. It's become my "go to" guitar for use with my GR-55 and GP-10

http://guitarsynthesiser.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/prs-se-custom-24-adding-internal-roland.html

DML

My GK-equipped axes:

The first one (of four) is a Steinberger Synapse with a GK-Kit build in. Magnetic pickups are all EMG's: 85 + 60. No tone pot, instead the tonepot = GK volumepot. LED is on the back, because of uglyness. I own three other Synapses, all are pretty much stock, except for the pickups, which in all cases are 85 + 60. Two are Transcale, the other two are normal scale.

The second one is Peavey Cropper Classic with GK-3. I swapt the Double Blade pickup for a Dimarzio Super Distortion which strange enough sounds more like a Tele than you would expect from a high output pup. The hex pickup is attached to the plate with double sided tape.
Boss GT-1000core, Gibson Explorer 2018, Höfner travel guitar, 4x Framus Renegade Pro, Framus Panthera, Framus Panthera Custom 7, G&L Asat, Rocktron/Egnater Velocity Valve, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L Road Ready, Voes MX12 midi controller, Ovation 2078TX-5 Elite, PJB Cub II - AG150.

merman93

Here are my first 2 purchases for 2015,....
My 1996 Parker Deluxe, and
My Hamer Phantom with Roland 24 pin output.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

Elantric

Codesmart wrote>

Hm, can't make my mind up if this is bad ass ugly or not...
Anyhow did it with some hobby paint  8)
Going to put some clear varnish on tomorrow.

kenact

Quote from: Elantric on November 12, 2014, 12:23:48 PM
Then you must use single course  - one string per saddle - and Roland GK 13 systems only support 6 total strings

I have only just realized that the Godin A10, which has a 13 pin out, has 2 triple course saddles, the B & E.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

Elantric

QuoteI have only just realized that the Godin A10, which has a 13 pin out, has 2 triple course saddles, the B & E.

Correct - I just took delivery of one last week  - when it was on sale at Amazon for $526

Godin Sale Season at Amazon
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4946.50

Unique instrument, based upon the Nylon Godin MultiAC AC Nylon, but employs Steel strings.

You can use it for VG/GR COSM Modeling

But of course the presence of triple physical detuned strings for high E and B make "Guitar to MIDI" or COSM DSP Alt Tuning suffer
the Neck is ironically extremely thin and wide ( over 1.875" wide at the Nut! )

I will probably use it as a 6 string  - for more versatility and better operation with  "Guitar to MIDI", Guitar to PCM,  COSM DSP Alt Tuning with my 13pin processors   

cjordan123

Just finished installing a GK Kit into my 90's Fernandes strat. A million thanks to Peter at Synth-Linx for the prewired 13-pin jack. My guitar's grateful that the chisel didn't have to come out.

MrKleinCZ

Hi, here is my Ibanez AF75 with GK Kit (and piezzo bridge ;))... thanks to forum members for schematics - Roland Hex Pickup is "reversed" by modifying connector - so it's compatabile with my old "GR-20"....

Elantric

QuoteHi, here is my Ibanez AF75 with GK Kit (and piezzo bridge ;))... thanks to forum members for schematics - Roland Hex Pickup is "reversed" by modifying connector - so it's compatabile with my old "GR-20"....

Clean install - thank for sharing!

CodeSmart

Finally got time to put three layers of clear coat on my "stealth" GK-3 for my Les Paul.
Hand painted using a small brush in a moment of fun artistic freedom at a Saturday night with aid of a six-pack of beer and it's not pretty, BUT from a bit of distance I think it's barely noticed  8)

We'll see. I'll be using it at a gig next weekend.

"UPDATE: WORKED PERFECT, THEY DID NOT SEE A THING!!!"

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

aliensporebomb

That is extremely clever and cool.  From an audience view it should just blend in!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

CodeSmart

Quote from: aliensporebomb on April 27, 2015, 04:28:55 PM
That is extremely clever and cool.  From an audience view it should just blend in!
Thanks, I hope it will. I bought a couple of GK3 and later installed GK3 Kits into my Ibanez and my Fender, so iI had a couple just laying around. My wife told me I couldn't pollute my expensive Gibson with a ugly wart so I made this trick. Now she won't probably see it.  8)
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ADP

Very impressive. Now you just need to paint the pickup and bracket, and it'll be invisible.  8)

JolietJake

Looks wild!

Like to see you do it for this guitar:

gumbo

Hey Robert!!

If you paint all those multi-colored boxes the same as the floor, she won't know how much you've spent on all those too...

;D

Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

paul elie

i am french
so excuse my poor English!
http://paulelie.com/guitares/index.html

burningyen

Ben
www.burningyen.com
www.b-wayguitars.com

whippinpost91850

Ben, Very nice and clean looking

dagon1

My pride and joys... ;D
Godin Freeway SA
Yamaha AES 500
Ibanez AS 103NT
Boss GP 10
Tech21 Power Engine 60
Pigtronix Infinity Looper
Alesis SR 16 later model
Fender Mustang Floor
Vox Valvtronix 30W
SDRUM
Zoom G3

GeePeeAxe

Which guitar is your favorite?
Do you like the Freeway more than the XTSA?