GR-55 - ZZ Top Legs Synth Tone anyone?

Started by jonasgreene, July 24, 2011, 07:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonasgreene

Hello.  I just dove in to VGuitar, buying a GR-55 last week.  I've at least sampled the presets from each category.  I love half of them.

Ready to make some unique ones for my original music, but I also want to perform some non-guitar sounds in a cover band that I'm in.  Does anyone have a patch for the keyboard part on ZZ Top's Legs?

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group jonasgreene!  :)

jonasgreene

Jim Williams

I haven't tried it yet but I suspect it's some kinda wave pulse or maybe a slicer effect. The guitar tone from that ZZ top era is probably a rectifier model with some delay around 360 ms.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

jonasgreene

I may be on to something but does anyone know how to change the speed of the slicer effect.  Not the pattern, but the speed?

Brent Flash

Quote from: jonasgreene on July 31, 2011, 07:49:27 PM
I may be on to something but does anyone know how to change the speed of the slicer effect.  Not the pattern, but the speed?
On the VG there is a rate parameter, I would thing the GR would be the same.

gumtown

Turn up the "Rate" control, the rate can be set to either fixed time 0~100, or set to BPM from 1/16th to one whole note, based on the patch master BPM .

If you get into the deep editing of the Slicer effect there are other controls available too.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gregbest

Quote from: jonasgreene on July 24, 2011, 07:49:33 AM
Hello.  I just dove in to VGuitar, buying a GR-55 last week.  I've at least sampled the presets from each category.  I love half of them.

Ready to make some unique ones for my original music, but I also want to perform some non-guitar sounds in a cover band that I'm in.  Does anyone have a patch for the keyboard part on ZZ Top's Legs?

i use this one on sharp dressed man i believe you can just change the tempo of the patch for legs