JamOrigin - MIDI Guitar = Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI Software

Started by Charles5150, December 15, 2012, 05:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD FX

..working on next-to-zero latency analog synths, hosted in Midi Guitar 2.
This stuff will be available to the public later this year.
! No longer available

gueims

Does anybody knows what happened to Jam Origin? No news or updates since January...

jassy

Anyone knows a way to integrate MG2 inside AUM?
MG2 does not shows in AUM  because its not interapp or audiounit compatible, so it needs to be started outside of AUM and then the configuration cant be saved in a preset within AUM which would be the best solution.
Anyone using MG2 with AUM and how?

Headless68

I think you can only use it running outside of AUM at the moment, however you can bring synths in and out of a mix or patch in AUM, so its only playing dynamics etc which will be static, not been a big problem to me personally (I don't use the internal sounds or the straight guitar stuff within MG2 however)

Smash

I follow Headless advice and run it first before launching AUM. But I find AUM doesn't remember any patches on iOS synthetic as part of save state?

Don't forget you can use AUM to create virtual bass/lead splits as you can define the note range allowed through per mixer channel.

jassy

Quote from: Smash on July 16, 2016, 03:19:01 AM
I follow Headless advice and run it first before launching AUM. But I find AUM doesn't remember any patches on iOS synthetic as part of save state?

Don't forget you can use AUM to create virtual bass/lead splits as you can define the note range allowed through per mixer channel.

Yes I think its the best way to run first MG2 and later tweak in AUM the midi input from MG2 (it does not seem to be recallable) anyway AUM does not seem to have a solid recall system, yes it loads all the guitar amp/effects and synths but, at least in my system, many times nothing sounds and i need to click in the Bias Fx icon to launch it to be able to get sound processing and with sampletank the same, it does not sound until I open it. So its that limited the recall function or maybe Im doing something wrong?

Headless68

it is the same for me - the iPad setup is 90% of the way there - the inter app recall is one of the things which is inconsistent & in the remaining 10% of things to sort out fully

I am just about to try this rig live for the first time but I wont use AUM to control patch I intend initially to use Bias FX controlled via midi pedal and manual switch synths in / out via AUM front end - not ideal but for this gig it will be fine - ultimately I want whatever front end Im using (AUM - Mimix - etc) to be able to recall the whole sound stage and its parameters

Regards the apps not sounding at first - this is also a common issue - my work around for this is to start all the apps you intend to use up front, it seems there is additional processing overhead to start something, once its running the cpu drops back down but this sometimes drops the audio from apps already running - if you start everything you need then go into each app to 'reset' its audio (just by going into it) then you are good to go and can mix out or mute sources until you need them.

Last point - the first audio app you start sets the sampling rate for everything else - so if you set AUM at 256 but you started MG2 first which was set to 512 then AUM will also be at 512

This technology (on iPad) is 'almost' there

Smash

Has MG2 got adjustable sample rate? Just been poking around and couldn't find it

Headless68

bad example :-)  only the desktop version of MG2 has that parameter, but the info is correct, if you have AUM at 256 but start another music app before it at 512 AUM will then run at 512 ( I Think IOS MG2 is 512 by default)

jassy

Good luck with your live experience, hope all go well.
I recon will be nervous with all those inconsistencies, although i have not fully researched it yet.
About the latency... So if i have understand correctly, then best is to start AUM first, tweak at 64 ms and later start the other apps and all would be at 64 samples?

Headless68

To be honest I have played around with different settings but not found that it makes that much difference ( iPad air2 ) - however on older iPads / iPhones this may be more significant difference

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

PD FX

Quote from: Brak(E)man on November 05, 2016, 05:44:52 AM
Anyone using Jamorigin MG2 with acoustic / piezo ?
Piezo is no problem perse. Acoustic guitars, however, tend to have more resonances. So a "bad" piezosystem that only gives harsh stringsound will probably work better. When the resonances are too loud they can be mistaken for stringsound by MG.

Headless68

Looks highly interesting - bring it on !!!

Albert

Last update was about a year ago: looking forward to what this update brings. Really curious about the tubeamp-sim and the deep-effects, I'm confident the tracking will be as good or even better than the results I get now.

PD FX

Release MG 2 scheduled for january, with all new interface, soundfont support, the great new Deep Guitar Effects and lots of enhancements
http://www.jamorigin.com

jassy

Wow!, seems a BIG update with a lot of new and improved things, new interface, new and interesting "deep" audio effects (with intelligent midi control?), even a legato mode (one of my main requests)!
Was not expecting that so much!.
Now if they have finally solved the problems with some complex chords it will be a dream come true and one of the most innovative pieces of software for guitarist.

Smash

Makes me wish I'd gone for Mac book rather than ipad now!

Smash

Looks to me like quite a difference from the ipad results vs Mac book - should a bought a Mac book!

gumtown

Quote from: Smash on January 02, 2017, 12:45:41 AM
Makes me wish I'd gone for Mac book rather than ipad now!
I will save that quote for future reference  ;)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Idgolfguy

Smash

Maybe not! I see the app has been updated also and is quote "almost a 1:1 port of the desktop version"

Can't wait to download - high hopes for this one, already an incredible achievement.

My BAD - misread the info page - no update as of yet for the iOS version

aliensporebomb

The new update looks promising - I wonder how well it would work on an iPhone 7+ or the 4 ghz i7 iMac I have? 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

jassy

The latest version has been released and is ready to download.

Elantric

http://www.jamorigin.com/

All sound you hear in this video is from built-in patches in MIDI Guitar 2. BETA14.
MIDI Guitar 2, BETA14 and more...
MIDI Guitar 2 BETA 14 is now available to customers. It's a big update with a new user interface and lots of new modules and features.

Lately, Dutch guitarist Paul Driessen has joined the Jam Origin team and Paul is developing a new family of Deep guitar effects, which are like traditional guitar effects, yet something totally new. Deep guitar effects rely on our underlying tracking technology for profound new ways to change your tone with no loss of expressiveness and zero latency.

Two Deep effects are included: a harmonic EQ and a versatile new effect called Deep Expressor which offers sustain without compression, per string compression, transient/pluck control, clean hex distortion and direct harmonic access via drawbars! And we are really only just scratching the surface with Deep guitar effects here - you'll see a lot more on this front in the future.

The best way to get started is try out the new default patches. Here is a demo of Drawbar Rock. The organ is held with a sustain pedal but you can simply use spacebar if you don't have a physical MIDI pedal setup.

BETA14 also marks the end of the BETA testing phase. It is now feature complete and we will now focus on fixing any last bugs reported, user interface tweaks and getting the official release out as soon as we possibly can, possibly in February. Please let us know if you experience unexpected behavior. New bugs may have arisen as there are so many changes, but we'll sort it out in a timely manner. You can reply to this email.

MIDI Bass will be updated as well within a few days.

What's New:
New: All new responsive user interface avoiding modal dialogs
New: Full screen mode and resizable window with adjustable font sizes and colour contrasts
New: Deep Harmonic EQ effect – the first of our Deep series of effects offers direct acces to the strings harmonics with drawbars.
New: Deep Expressor effect –  offers sustain without compression, compression per string, transient/pluck control, clean hex distortion and direct harmonic access via drawbars!
New: Accurate Tube and Solid-State preamp models (thanks to Matthieu Brucher/AudioTK)
New: Overdrive effect (based on the famous yellow overdrive pedal)
New: Screamer effect (based on the famous green screamer pedal)
New: Convolution reverb generator
New: Sync control to synchronise your guitartone with the instrument tone
New: Sampler built in. SFZ sample banks simply appear as "instruments"
New: MIDI Legato – via MIDI note overlap
New: MIDI Sustain for flexible foot-controlled piano-sustain/hold function
New: MIDI Transpose for foot controller/velocity-based/fixed transposing
New: MIDI Bassline for splitting bass notes and play your own backing
New: MIDI Arpeggiator
New: MIDI Monitor
New: Lots of new built-in patches!
New: Use spacebar as a poor mans expression/sustain pedal
New: Plugin scanner has "fast" and "safe" scan options
New: Add single plugin file
New: Select input channel for external midi inputs
New: Search in plugin dialogs by typing any keyboard sequence
New: Default patches and midimachines can be restored via preferences
New: JamOrigin data folder and log can be opened via preferences

Fixed: Plugin scanner has longer timeout for plugins on slow disks
Fixed: Pitch Bend Range slider was sometimes disabled
Fixed: Don't clear plugin list from MIDI Guitar 1
Fixed: Pass on CC64 sustain to synths
Fixed: Various minor issues

Old Macs: The 32-bit standalone application for Mac is no longer included in the Mac distribution (if you really need this, let us know), but a new legacy version for MacOSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is available.

Download:
Customers: Run any previous version of MIDI Guitar 2 to get an update notification and submit your email, right when it starts up.
Non-customers: A new trial version will be available February.

More Information:  jamorigin.com
Thank you very much for your support!

Kind Regards
Jam Origin