Record midi guitar to tab

Started by gilbert, November 28, 2010, 09:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbert

Hi there!

Do you guys know any software that records the midi signal from the VG99 (each string separately) and converts it to a guitar tab format such as guitar pro tab or similar? I'm sure there must some something like this out there.

Thanks a lot!

Gilbert

Brent Flash

Elantric

Eamonn

Hi there,
tuxguitar is a free and open source tab editor but i don't know if it can record midi data.
However, you might be able to record midi with most sequencer (a free and open source midi sequencer inspired by fruity loop is LMMS) and then import those files into tuxguitar or even guitar pro, or any other score/tab editor.
hope this will help  :)

embers

Most of the new DAW's can do this. I know that Logic 9 says it can. I think you have to record midi with Omni mode on (to get a separate channel per string) and then in Logic just view it as a TABLATURE Score. From what I have read, it seems to be dead easy. I will try it one day soon.

This is from Apple's main Logic web page (you get there from Apple web site, then Mac, then Logic): "Logic Pro features a complete set of music notation tools, including comprehensive layout and print options, instrument transposition, drum notation, and adaptive lyric input. You can generate guitar tablature with an expanded set of ornaments for notating hammer-ons, bends, fingering, and more. Snap guides make it easy to add the new chord grids, whether you choose from the library of more than 4000 or create your own."

crimhead

heya

try "Harmony-Assistant" (www.myriad-online.com) it is able to create tabs for guitar and other stringed instruments.