Effects Loop - Line or Instrument Level?

Started by rac2112, October 17, 2017, 12:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rac2112

Hi Everyone, I'm planning on running the output of a Helix into the effects return of the Katana so I can use this setup for monitoring onstage and I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether the effects return in the Katana is line or instrument level? I've poked around on the web and in manuals but couldn't find anything - apologies if the answer is obvious!

MeAndMyGuitarStuff

You may want to take a look at the documentation for the recent firmware update 2.01.

The Tone Studio Ver.2 has a new settings area for Send/Return (S/R) where you can specify:

• FX loop position: pre/post Amp
  • Mode: Series/Parallel
  • Send Level
  • Return Level

rolandvg99

You can also use the AUX in for this propose. I'm able to run my SY-300 up front, in the loop or straight to the AUX with no issues. The FX loop is pretty robust and should handle this without any major issues appear from needing to adjust the send/return levels to avoid distortion or too low a signal..
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

rac2112

Which reminds me, MeAndMyGuitarStuff, that I better check the position of the FX loop is after the amp and effects!  Well, of course, I could simply try line and instrument from the Helix, which I'll do over the next few days. As rolandvg99 mentioned, I imagine the loop is pretty robust and typical well engineered so will probably sound good either way, cheers for the help - if I find anything conclusive I'll report back.