KATANA!

Started by treewiz, June 30, 2017, 08:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treewiz

I played an outdoor gig at Windham Ski Center in the Catskills of N.Y. for a colon cancer car show benefit with my Katana 100 watt head and a Hughes & Kettner TM112 cab mic'ed and thru the set up super pro PA sound system, it sounded awesome. Just inspirational! This little powerhouse of an amp is just unbelievable for a solid state amp. The tones I was getting with this set up I have was just stupendous (I have a Line 6 M13 in a 4 cable method setup using the on board midi to switch channels of the Katana.) Just a simply great sound and setup, I'm very happy now. Tonight I have an indoor Gig in which I'll be bringing my Katana 100 watt 112 combo out using the same set up with the exception of a GA-FC pedal to control the channel switching, can't wait! Happy fourth of July to all of you and Peace be with you!

Beanow

I know right?! And having access to the sneaky features makes it a rather complete set.
I have a Line 6 POD HD500X in 4-cable method to my 100W Combo Katana and found that for 9/10 tones I don't need the pod for the extra DSP. I use it for control. Because once you go from 3 to 5 simultaneous effects, and not 3 possible chain orders but arbitrary ones, and get an extra 23 amp models, for free. You get twice the value out of an already amazing value for money amp imo.

Mistrp13331

Hi, I too have a hd500x and would really appreciate a video or how to to use with katana and fx floorboard to get sneaky amps benefit from katana 100.  Thx!  R, Mike

myksara

Anyone using a Katana with Digitech Trio? How do we connect these two to be able to get the tones from the amp without the amps effects being applied to the drums of the trio?
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

Beanow

Quote from: Mistrp13331 on August 14, 2017, 06:59:36 AM
Hi, I too have a hd500x and would really appreciate a video or how to to use with katana and fx floorboard to get sneaky amps benefit from katana 100.  Thx!  R, Mike

There's nothing too difficult about it really.
If you've got your USB connection working so it will run Boss Tone Studio, simply install the latest version for your platform https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20625.0 and change the amp type.

sikejsudjek

I'm using a boss gt10 with the 100w katana and gafc. I only need the gt10 in the two cable fx method. Useful for the tuner, volume pedal/wha/pitch bend, and extra delays and fx. The preamps are only the ones on the katana as they sound much better than the gt10. I'm using the katana's sneeky acoustic simulator on one patch, one on brown, one clean and one a lead setting which is a bit louder.