Hex Pickup Options

Started by MachineGunFunk, March 20, 2018, 08:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MachineGunFunk

Hello, I am having a guitar built by a luthier friend of mine. I am playing with the idea of putting a hex pickup in it to utilize my GR55 but I want to keep the holes and visual impact down to a minimum. I installed the GK kit in my strat and it works great but I am not crazy about routing holes into this next guitar. What are the least invasive options? Any insight is appreciated!
Spreading Banjo Awareness and positivity

admin

What style music do you play?

Read more here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=573.0

MachineGunFunk

Thanks for the reply. I play a bit of everything, reggae, jazz, blues, rock, bluegrass but been playing mostly blues and funk lately. I like the godin style but I am using a titanium bridge for this project and am unsure how I would use the piezo system without using a specialized bridge. I may just ditch the idea of using this next guitar as a midi and use my trusty frankenstrat for the midi stuff, I have good results plugging another guitar into the 1/4 input of the strat for cosm modeling. Also looking at possibly trying a kemper out but not sure if I can afford it yet.
Spreading Banjo Awareness and positivity

admin

Quote from: MachineGunFunk on March 20, 2018, 10:03:01 AM
Thanks for the reply. I play a bit of everything, reggae, jazz, blues, rock, bluegrass but been playing mostly blues and funk lately. I like the godin style but I am using a titanium bridge for this project and am unsure how I would use the piezo system without using a specialized bridge. I may just ditch the idea of using this next guitar as a midi and use my trusty frankenstrat for the midi stuff, I have good results plugging another guitar into the 1/4 input of the strat for cosm modeling. Also looking at possibly trying a kemper out but not sure if I can afford it yet.
If Palm muting, and  Rock / Blues tones from a Guitar Modeling system ( VG-99 / GP-10)  are important  - get a Mag Hex PU system