Futuresonus Parva

Started by chlorinemist, April 26, 2017, 01:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chlorinemist

Anyone checked out this synth? Seems to me like it has the potential to be the ultimate guitar synth. All analog signal path, 100% digitally controllable, 8 voices of polyphony (!) with individual 1/4" outs for each voice. Fully multitimbral architecture, and features polyphonic aftertouch(!!!). 3 oscillators, 4 envelopes, 4 LFOs and 2 multimode filters per voice. For guitar synth purposes, this would basically be equivalent to having a robust, fully independent and recallable analog monosynth dedicated to each string on the guitar (with two to spare). All for ~$1k. The potential for creating extremely complex and fine-tuneable sounds seems immense, and better suiited to midi guitar or MPE controllers than virtually any other synth I've seen.
I'd imagine others haves seen it and thought the same but haven't seen any discussion of the topic yet. Seems odd to me

Here's their site: https://futureson.us/

Elantric

chrish

Quote: "Seems to me like it has the potential to be the ultimate guitar synth."

It's kind of interesting that you can order them with different polyphony and monophonic configurations. The price ranges from $499 to $999 depending upon what configuration is ordered.

Would the ultimate guitar synth have a midi triggered dco or would it have the guitar string as the oscillator in an all analog signal path ;)?

chlorinemist

Quote from: chrish on May 30, 2017, 09:24:19 PM
Quote: "Seems to me like it has the potential to be the ultimate guitar synth."

Would the ultimate guitar synth have a midi triggered dco or would it have the guitar string as the oscillator in an all analog signal path ;)?

lol! Both at the same time! That's my plan anyways...

chrish

Quote from: chlorinemist on May 30, 2017, 09:42:17 PM
lol! Both at the same time! That's my plan anyways...

yeah I'd say that set up would qualify as the ultimate guitar synthesizer. :D

chrish

So if this thing is a USB host for USB midi instrument input, does that mean that midi note on and Pitch data will be sent through to the 5 pin midi out? If so it seems like this would be a good device to use with either FTP or a boss GP 10 in order to send midi out to other Hardware synth tone modules.

"USB HOST
Parva is the first analog synthesizer to feature a USB Host port, which allows you to connect any class-compliant USB MIDI keyboard — or other controller — directly, without the need for a computer."

"INPUTS / OUTPUTS
Individual 1/4" stereo line-level outputs for each voice
1/4" left and right main outputs
Stereo 1/4" headphone jack
MIDI input and ouput
USB port for MIDI input and output
USB Host port for direct connection of USB MIDI controllers"

I'm assuming when it says midi input and output and then also specifies a USB port midi input and output it means that there are 5-pin midi in and out jacks.

admin

I would not assume anything
I would write the manufacture and inquire specifically if MIDI messages arriving via USB port get re-transmitted to the 5 pin DIN MIDI Output.

chrish

Quote from: admsustainiac on June 01, 2017, 08:55:48 AM
I would not assume anything
I would write the manufacture and inquire specifically if MIDI messages arriving via USB port get re-transmitted to the 5 pin DIN MIDI Output.
good point. I just sent the company an email to check on this.

chrish

Here is the reply.

"Chris,

Yes, Parva has 5-pin DIN MIDI in and out jacks. There is an option for "simulated thru," where the data from the in jack is passed to the out jack. I have not yet implemented this for USB to DIN out, but it's certainly possible to do. My only concern would be the amount of data on the USB MIDI side overwhelming the (much slower) DIN MIDI interface."

Edit to add. That's interesting but it seems like it would just take the right code because FTP seems to be able to do it with their fc-1 and of course there's that brilliant programmer who is able to turn the non class compliant GP 10 USB into a 5-pin din midi out. That is if I understand those two technologies and how they work.

chrish

I was asking the company if they tested their analog synthesizer with the FTP dongle plugged into the USB and thru put to a hardware synth. Here's the response.

"What a coincidence -- a user on our forum was asking about compatibility with the FTP, and I just set it up and tested it a couple of days ago. The USB dongle works with Parva's USB host port, but I haven't gone into much more depth yet."

I sent a request asking if they could test the USB in to MIDI thru put out into a hardware synth.

chlorinemist

My Parva is expected to arrive next week  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Already modified my Nexus to convert 1/4" to 13 pin DIN in preparation for it's arrival. Next I will be needing a 13 pin A/B/Y so I can combine or switch between feeding Parva's individual voice outs and my Nu string outputs into my 6Appeal/H8000 multichannel processing battlestation :) :) :) :) :)

Multitimbral architecture is where it's at. Monotimbral instruments are dead to me

chrish

These are due out in October. Someone at muff's put together this composite picture of six Behringer model D's which will retail at $299 each.

With this setup each string gets its own Model D which gives each string three oscillators to trigger ,a filter, envelope controls, and it's own low frequency oscillator for modulation.

Quote from: chlorinemist on August 29, 2017, 07:20:29 AM
Multitimbral architecture is where it's at. Monotimbral instruments are dead to me

chlorinemist

Review and demos coming soon  8)

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: chlorinemist on September 27, 2017, 06:34:23 AM

Review and demos coming soon  8)

How about the review and demos?
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973