RC-300 - VL3 > RC300 > VL3 IEM monitoring delay

Started by alangeer, February 19, 2017, 07:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alangeer

So I have a TC Voicelive 3 - guitar and mic plugged in, routed out of the main outputs to the guitar and mic inputs of RC300.  I want to use in ear monitors, but I need to hear the [vocal-heavy] IEM monitor mix of the VL3, and the tracks from the RC 300.  If I use the headphone out from the VL3, my monitor mix is great [heavy vox et], but excludes the RC300 [backing/loop tracks].

If I take the headphone out of the RC300, I can hear everything fine, but lose the 'custom' aspect of the VL3 IEM monitor mix.  If I route the RC 300 back to the VL3 for monitoring, there is about a 20 MS delay [due to the DSP processing of the rc300].

If I bring the VL3 headphone out [the IEM monitor mix] into the aux input of the RC 300, that works, but my heavy vox IEM monitor mix is output to teh mains of the RC300 - so everyone hears my heavy vox monitor mix.

Just cant get around this and anyone's help/input is appreciated!

Majiken

Hi, I don't know how you send your signals to FOH- separately, I assume?

One option would be to send both headphone outs to a mini-mixer like the Mackie 402 or Yamaha MG06 and take a totally independent and flexible IEM mix from that headphone out. I've looked for straight multiple-source headphone amps like the Rolls PM351, but the footprint isn't much better and I doubt you can get stereo on both sources (if that matters to you).

Best, Kenny
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

alangeer

Thanks for your input!  I have really tried to avoid using a mixer (my rig is getting out of hand), and thought that maybe there was a way within these 2 units to make it happen - but I have exhausted the options and thoughts, so sounds like a simply little mixer is in order.